Pope Francis "Warning Greatest Omen & Destruction in the World"

Set free 47

The biggest barrier for Catholics is they have been taught to believe that Christ's death and resurrection did not complete the work of taking away all their sins and does not completely save them. In other words, to them, Christ's saving work on the cross is not finished. Until they can be convinced from Scripture that Christ already completely paid for all their sins and finished the work of their salvation, and all they need to do to receive this free gift of eternal salvation is to accept it by faith. It is a free gift provided for them, all they have to do is take it in faith.

RedRx

My whole philosophy is to go find Scripture that confirms and verifies my religious beliefs. I guess my unfounded assumption was that the RCC was just as committed to the same process of Biblical verification of their beliefs.

Xenosjeff

My whole philosophy is to go find Scripture that confirms and verifies my religious beliefs. I guess my unfounded assumption was that the RCC was just as committed to the same process of Biblical verification of their beliefs.
Not really...

Their methodology is often through syncrotism of cultural, political and theological concepts. One of the earliest examples is the official adoption of Christianity by the Roman emperor. Once it was official the church had gained multitudes of pagan Christians that had all the trappings and none of the reality of true Christianity. It was just politically advantageous.

As to how they interpret the bible, it is not by using the bible to verify and establish doctrines. Romanist beliefs are based upon the bible, tradition and the guidance of the magisterium. These three things make up the basis of Catholic doctrinal authority. This is how you can often find something not grounded at all in scripture. Just try to find purgatory in the 66 books of the Bible. You can't. They have to use the other non canonized books to even get started on that one. Since they also cooked up the authority story thet lets them put tradition and the magisterium on par with scripture they went further and made up things like indulgences and super-saints that could help you sell your house or be safe while traveling.

The pig of bad doctrine definitely got it's nose in the door of Roman Catholic doctrine long ago. Now the only thing keeping them from going completely off the rails is the fact that the Bible got free from their grasp and people can read it for themselves. As soon as that happened the lid flew off Rome's evil brew.

Rome was stuck. All of the freaky doctrins, dogmas and pronouncements from Peter's chair were written in stone. No reform for Rome! We don't make mistakes because we're in charge! So, all of the counter reformation anathemas were a response to the bible getting free. Just look up the council of Trent. You will see a medieval monster trying to threaten it's way out of getting exposed as a fraud.

Jeff

Jaybird

True, and when they had absolute power they killed anyone that threatened their authority as heretics by burning them at the stake. Nice religion, say anything against them and they kill you. When you look at their murderous history and the Popes who engaged in all sorts of illicit activity how can anyone in their right mind think this religion is any representation of Christianity is beyond me!

glc11

Exactly, they throw out a few Christian sounding words every now and then to make them sound legitimate, but their entire dogma is so convoluted it boggles the mind. Chris had posted a diagram in another thread about the Catholic path to salvation and it makes you dizzy trying to figure out their process.
I need to see that diagram!

Set free 47

True, and when they had absolute power they killed anyone that threatened their authority as heretics by burning them at the stake. Nice religion, say anything against them and they kill you. When you look at their murderous history and the Popes who engaged in all sorts of illicit activity how can anyone in their right mind think this religion is any representation of Christianity is beyond me!
They say, "power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely corrupts." I wonder if this is stated in the Bible?

I rather suspect this will be the last human Pope as I think the next Pope will be the False Prophet and if Prophecy of the Popes is even remotely accurate, but the time is ripe, I think for his entrance on to the World Stage.

Jaybird

Could that elegant demon be dressed in white wearing a funny hat?

Sounds like the whore that rides the beast to me.

Back