Mirror, Mirror On The Wall By Grant Phillips Mirrors have been around a long time.…
The Bible: The Book That Is Alive!
By Joseph Parker
“Your Word is a Lamp to my feet and a Light to my path.” – (Psalm 119:105)
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” – (John 6:63)
“The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living. Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair. They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb. They are a warning to your servant, a great reward for those who obey them.” – (Psalm 19:7-11)
The Bible – the written Word of God, is a unique, uplifting and empowering book. It is the only book of its kind. The Word of God is ALIVE! It is pregnant with the ability to bless us. It is a book filled with grace. It’s a source – a container – a vessel of grace. And every day God’s question to each of us is “How much do you want?”
The Word of God is Christ. And Christ is the Word of God. When you read the Word of God, the Lord Jesus Christ is speaking to you. He is pouring Himself into your mind, body, and spirit. When we read the Word of God, Christ is touching our lives. And as we read the Word of God, He is bringing healing and wholeness to our lives.
Have you ever heard of Bible trivia? Well, in truth, there is no such thing. There is not a single word in the Word of God that is trivia. All of it has power, fruitful insight about life, encouragement, and many other things within. Every word has eternal wisdom, help, and instruction within it. There are no idle words in the Bible. No trivia whatsoever.
One of the most fruitful and wise habits we can start in our lives is the habit of reading and spending time in the Word of God every day. Nothing else will bless, strengthen, guide, and equip you in life more than the habit of reading and meditating on the Word of God every day.
Parents, if we start the habit of having our children read the Word of God out loud to us every day, this will bless your children and family tremendously. Why not start such a habit today?
Eleven Excellent Reasons You should Read the Word of God Everyday
1. It tells you how to be genuinely saved and how to grow up in your faith. John 3:16, Psalm 119:105 Romans 12:1-2, and Phil. 4:6-7
2. It gives you clear guidance and direction for much of your life. Psalm 119:105
3. It empowers your prayer life. 4:6-7
4. It sharpens your ability to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit more and more clearly in your life. 1 Corinthians 1:5
5. It ministers to your mind, body, and spirit. Proverbs 4:20-22
6. It helps you to maintain your mental health (according to Dr. Paul Meier). Proverbs 4.
7. It increases the anointing in every area of your life. 1 Corinthians 1:5
8. It increases your wisdom in every area of your life. Proverbs 1 – 4
9. It enhances your intellect and your personality (It can literally increase your I.Q.) 1 Corinthians 1:5
10. It pours grace, joy, and peace into your spirit, your mind and your life. 2 Cor. 1:2, 1 Timothy 1:2, and 2 Timothy 1:2, and Galatians 5:22
11. In direct statement or in principle, it gives you guidance and/or direction about every issue or topic in life. Psalm 119:105
Seven Things We can wisely do with the Word of God every day
Meditate On It.
If you would like to know Jesus Christ personally and would like to invite Him into your heart, pray this or a similar prayer in order to make that step:
Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. I recognize that I have sinned and done wrong. Forgive me of all the wrong I have done. I do believe that You died on the cross to pay for my sins, and I believe that three days later You rose from the dead, so that I could be saved. Thank you, Lord, for loving me enough to die for me. Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Become my Lord and Savior. Make me the person you want me to be. You said in your Word, that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Right now, Lord, I’m calling on your name. Lord Jesus, save me and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Thank you, Lord for saving me, and I now confess I am a child of God. In Jesus’ name. Amen.