Pelosi Hijacks Crisis to Advance Socialism
By Tim Wildmon
Haven’t you heard it said that anti-capitalist, and pro-socialist radicals never let a crisis go to waste? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and her comrades are continuing to capitalize on the COVID-19 crisis at your expense.
Speaker Pelosi has once again hijacked the coronavirus crisis in an attempt to advance socialist legislation by using a record-breaking $3 trillion in taxpayer funds. The legislation is deceptively dubbed the HEROES Act (H.R. 6800). Pelosi and other pro-socialist members of Congress want Americans to think that the “governing elite” are the people’s savior. They are not liberals. They are socialists who demand sending massive amounts of cash directly to the people—much like a drug dealer gives crack cocaine to new users. Once they start using, they become addicted. Then they want to come back for more, but this time it comes at a cost. For Americans, the cost will be our freedom, and all of America will suffer as if living in a drug-infested neighborhood.
Send your email now urging your member of Congress to vote against Speaker Pelosi’s socialist bill.
Here is what Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA) identified in Pelosi’s $3 trillion socialist wish list. The proposed legislation:
– Provides a 100% subsidy for COBRA health insurance premium costs or for a furloughed worker’s employer-sponsored coverage premium costs. These subsidies would allow taxpayer-funded abortions.
– Federalizes elections by including stringent mandates on how states must run elections, including early voting, no ID requirement for in-person voting, same-day registration, and no-excuse voting by mail. The bill also provides absentee ballots to all registered voters without restrictions on ballot harvesting.
– Provides “deferred action” and work authorization for illegal aliens during the coronavirus crisis and for 90 days after the crisis ends. These are jobs that could be filled by out-of-work Americans.
– Provides illegal aliens a pathway to receive stimulus payments directly because the HEROES Act doesn’t require a social security number for verification.
– Mandates a blanket release for certain covered federal prisoner inmates, while imposing a high burden for the government to prove that such criminals present a risk of harm to society upon release. (How does the government prove what someone may or may not do in the future?)
– Provides $10,000 of blanket student loan forgiveness for all public and private loans.
– Extends the unemployment insurance supplement ($600/week) through January 31, 2021. It also allows the supplement to continue through March 31, 2021 for certain people on unemployment.
– Expands Obamacare through a new special enrollment period, which has already been rejected by the White House.
– Provides a tax break for millionaires and billionaires by repealing SALT limitations for 2020 and 2021.
– Uses taxpayer dollars to bail out failing multi-employer pension plans while failing to include any needed reforms to fix the problem.
– Imposes a one-size-fits-all OSHA rule on all employers, which is counterproductive given the ever-changing circumstances created by COVID-19.
– Virtually rewrites SNAP (welfare) policy and permanently disallows rulemaking pertaining to work requirements and eligibility.
One might conclude that the effect of Pelosi’s quest, if not intentional, is to usher in the reign of socialism at taxpayer expense. The consequences, intended or not, would break the backs of American taxpayers.
Send your email now! Urge your member of Congress to vote against Speaker Pelosi’s socialism bill.