Texas LGBT “Log Cabin Republicans” group admits defeat – after Texas MassResistance gets strong “anti-gay”…
I’m Loyal to the Vision of the Founding Fathers
That makes me an enemy of the Left’s state.
By Don Feder
Does anyone else get the irony of this? The little Axis Sallys and Lord Haw-Haws of the establishment media are calling Trump supporters “enemies of the state.” Shades of Casablanca, with Major Strasser barking, “This Mr. Rick is an enemy of the state.” (Not an actual quote.)
Last week, Katie Benner – what passes for a reporter at The New York Times – tweeted: “Today’s January 6 Select Committee (Pelosi’s combination Stalinist purge trial and Salem witch hunt) underscores America’s current essential natsec (gov-speak for national security) dilemma: Work to combat legitimate national security threats now entails calling a current politician’s supporters enemies of the state.”
Benner – who, significantly, covers the Justice Depart — elucidates: “As Americans, we believe that state power should not be used to work against a political figure or a political party. But what happens if a politician seems to threaten the state? If the politician continues to do so out of office and his entire party supports that threat?”
The Constitution never refers to the federal government as “the State” – more of a 20th century European concept. Enemies of the State conjures up images of a midnight knock on the door and a visit by unpleasant men in uniform.
Following the frayed thread of Benner’s logic – embraced by the Democrat Party and its media curs: 1. Because Trump called his supporters to D.C on the day the Electoral Votes were counted to protest what may have been the most corrupt presidential election in modern times – that some counties reported more Biden votes than registered voters is a Fatima-like miracle — and 2. Some Trumpers invaded the Capitol and behaved like drunken frat boys, therefore 3. The ex-President, everyone who attended his rally at the Ellipse that day and everyone who continues to support him (a number in the tens of millions) are “enemies of the state.”
“Enemies of the state” isn’t the left’s only ad hominem. Pelosi’s puppet Jan. 6 Commission (Charlie McCarthy to her Edgar Bergen) will indict us as “insurrectionists” – you know, like the first seven presidents who joined the insurrection against the British Crown. Others simply call us traitors.
Here’s the irony: Those now depicting Trump supporters are firebrands skulking in the shadows plotting a coup d’etat:
– Watched all last summer, as cities burned, and cops were murdered, and refused to disavow the rioters for fear of offending their allies
– Allow hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens to stream across the border – including gang members, career criminals and potential terrorists
– Refuse to do anything to counter Communist China, our greatest external security threat
– Are turning Afghanistan over to the Taliban
– Want to sanction Israel, our one reliable ally in the Middle East, while facilitating Iran’s nuclear program
– Are trying to undermine representative government – with same-day voting, mail-in voting and ballot-harvesting
– Call voter ID, the best way to maintain the integrity of elections, “Jim Crow 2.0”
– Allow a corrupt president and his nosey son (who ain’t no Vincent van Gogh) to peddle influence to foreign powers
– Allow their allies in Big Tech to freely censor speech
– Spread hate for America to the point where no one will want to fight for her
– Pit the races against each other, with critical race theory as the latest wrecking ball
– Intend to use the Deep State, including the FBI and the Justice Department, to crush domestic dissent
– Are demolishing the economy with mega-deficits to fund spending sprees that lay the foundation for socialism – the death warrant of any free society
– Are destroying domestic energy production, which will make us vulnerable to foreign adversaries
And they call conservatives enemies of the state.
It’s significant that Benner didn’t accuse us of being enemies of America or of democracy, but enemies of the state.
Like Louis XIV, Democrats and the media believe they are the state.
In other words, if you reject the idea that America is racist to the core, you are an enemy of their state.
If you don’t believe that guns cause crime, you are an enemy of their state.
If you doubt that government has the authority to close down businesses and force citizens to wear face masks and use hand sanitizer to combat what’s called a pandemic, you are an enemy of their state.
If you reject any part of their agenda, you are an enemy of their state.
It’s a tactic common to totalitarians of all stripes. During the French Revolution, those who opposed the Reign of Terror were enemies of the people.
During the Bolshevik Revolution, anti-communists had betrayed the proletariat. Instead of the “national razor,” they got firing squads or an opportunity to make snow cones in Siberia.
In the Third Reich, opponents of national socialism were condemned for betraying the German volk.
The enemies of their state – conservatives — support representative government, civil liberties, peaceful protest and national security.
In other words, to be an enemy of their state is to be loyal to the vision of the Founding Fathers, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
We should take Benner’s raving as a compliment.