2023: The Year in Review
By Pete Garcia
“How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness, how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” — Dr. Seuss
Here we are at that time again where I get out my prediction hat and give my replay of the year past, but also my predictions for the year ahead. These are just MY predictions based on my understanding of both geopolitical and biblical goings-on. I’m not a prophet, nor the son of a prophet. Neither am I a date-setter, or the son of a date-setter (as Andy Woods would say). Again, I’m just giving you my opinion as to where I think things are heading for the upcoming year.
Fear of the Unknown
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring…” – Luke 21:25
As we close out the Year of our Lord 2022 and get ready to enter into 2023, we do so with perhaps the greatest trepidation that I’ve ever witnessed in my short time here on the planet. My friend Scott posted this on his FB page (not sure about the name of the cartoon or who created it), but I think it’s apropos considering the past couple of years, about just how people are feeling as we move ahead into the new year.
It seems the longer we remain here, the more things people are becoming fearful of, and yet, they are afraid of all the wrong things. They are afraid that global temperatures will rise a degree or two in the next hundred years. They are afraid of climate change. They are afraid of misgendering people. They are afraid of the public backlash that will come if they don’t toe the line of wokeness. But they aren’t afraid of the horrific hour of testing (Daniel’s 70th Week) that will be coming upon the earth. People aren’t afraid of dying in their sins and spending eternity in pain and darkness. Well, for those who remain on the earth (the left behind) this fear is only going to get worse.
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
I don’t know if you’ve felt this way, but it’s something I addressed back in the 2023 Perspectives Roundtable. It just feels like we are losing the battle for our civilization. It feels this way, at least on a political and cultural level, because we are starting to wake up to the reality the Republicans aren’t much better than the Democrats. Sure they talk a good game about this and that, but they don’t DO much to stop it. It also feels this way because of how relentless the left is in cramming in their agendas despite setbacks like a federal judge blocking them or losing a court case. They just keep on working on new angles to push it thru, all the while, Republicans and Conservatives are becoming worn down at trying to stop every new wave of evil. In fact, this feeling of losing is so pervasive and smothering, it’s become this blanket of overwhelming oppressiveness. It’s hard to explain, but this spiritual oppressiveness feels very much the same way as it did when I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2008 and 2013. It’s almost palpable.
Well, let me just tell you upfront that this “feeling” of losing, is every bit a part of the spirit of Antichrist. It is a demonically-designed spiritual psyop to both oppress and discourage you (the believer) from living in the victory Christ already won at the Cross. Thanks to the non-stop Operation Mockingbird style of media propaganda, weak-kneed politicians, woke pastors, and silent pulpits, this perpetual tsunami of bad news is designed to keep you in a perpetual state of depression and deflation. Conversely, it is also very much a battle of distractions so that you focus on the never-ending litany of drama coming out of Washington D.C., New York City, Hollywood, and everywhere else.
Do not fall for it! We’ve not just won the battle, we’ve already won the war!
At the darkest point of the Tribulation and presumably at the very height of the Antichrist’s power, we see this oddly placed declaration long before the 70th Week is even over. It is placed there (at the seventh trumpet judgment) strategically and intentionally to remind everyone that even though things appear at their very darkest, Christ has already won.
Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” – Revelation 11:15
THE TOP ISSUES OF 2022
I think of time much like a conveyor belt that we are all on, except the time markers are on the sides not actually moving us, but there to simply let us know how far we’ve come. Time is a construct we superimpose over our reality (via our cosmic movement which produces the cycle of the seasons), yet, if we had no concept of time, these events would continue on unabated as if reading a book with no chapters or verses. So let’s say a natural disaster happened on December 31st, the reality on the ground is the same regardless of the day on the calendar. In other words, we come to categorize all manner of events as being associated with a particular year, even though their ramifications are still being felt in real-time regardless of the date if that makes sense. So as we look back into 2022, let’s remember many of these are continuations from previous years; not stand-alone events that happened at this point in time.
The Collapse of Western Civilization
– Political corruptness at the highest levels is on full parade with Hunter Biden laptop exposing connections to China, Ukraine, and collusion with DOJ and FBI suppressing the story with help from the mainstream media
– Political polarization and free speech issues are at the heart of the death of Western Civilization as government (DHS, DOJ, FBI), social media platforms and traditional media work together to suppress the truth (i.e., Twitter, Google, Facebook, etc.)
– Nov 2022 Red Drizzle exposes deep state corruption within federal and state governments, as well as RINOs complicity with Democrat operatives over open borders and Ukraine funding
– Legacy fiat currencies are failing in part to overprinting and issuances beyond national means
– US national debt is currently over $31,000,000,000,000 (see for yourself)
– Global logistic issues caused by Covid-19 travel and shipping policies create politically imposed delays and shortages
– Global energy and food shortages (thanks to Putin’s war, Biden’s policies, and Schwab’s agenda)
– The implosion of the crypto market (i.e., FTX) is the icing on the cake for the justification of the necessity for Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
The Russian invasion of Ukraine (Feb 24, 2022)
Implications and Provocations
a. The Russian invasion exposes deep levels of corruption between the West and Ukraine
b. The Russian invasion exposes the inadequacy and impotence of NATO
c. The war triggers fuel and energy crises around the EU and the world
d. This will likely expand into a greater conflict as one side or the other trips some NATO Article 5 condition dragging in other countries. It could also expand from the Russian side if they are attacked in some manner that prompts them to expand the conflict beyond the Donbas Region. They could either expand the military conflict or execute their petro-gold option (this would collapse our economy)
Death of Queen Elizabeth (Sep 8, 2022, at age of 96)
Implications and Provocations
a. The second longest-serving monarch in history (behind French Louis XIV) at 70 years
b. This now frees up the British monarchy under King Charles to pursue WEF-backed globalist agenda
c. At 73, King Charles III will not rule long, and will likely hand over the reins to Prince William who is (as far as we can tell) both religiously indifferent (he is politically required to be Anglican) and politically apolitical. However, his charities lean left and are environmentalist in nature.
d. Given King Charle’s political, economic, and environmentalist leanings, the Queen’s death, and the political turmoil in the UK PMs, it may likely lead to their reversing the BREXIT decision from several years ago
Iranian nationwide protests (began Sep 13, 2022)
Implications and Provocations
a. Began after the death of Mahsa Amini by the morality police for violating rules on wearing the hijab
b. Protest highlight the growing disconnect between Ayatollah’s regime and the people
c. Protests still continuing to force Iranian leadership to wag the dog (vs. Israel)
d. The internal turmoil, as well as the geopolitical positioning with Russia and Turkey seem to be pointing toward a strengthening of the Gog-Magog coalition. An attack by Israel on their nuclear facilities may be that final nudge they need to go ‘all in’ on cementing this prophetic partnership
Globalism vs. Regionalism
Implications and Provocations
a. Numerous nations under the thumb of WEF influence have begun implementing globalist-aligned policies of sustainable development, depopulation, politically weaponized migration, carbon-footprint reduction policies, and open borders. These have been disastrous, and are designed as such to create the necessary chaos that provides the globalists with opportunities to consolidate their power
1. Sri Lanka (tried to implement green agenda and began suffering lengthy blackouts, food and fuel shortages, and inflation)
2. Pakistan (Imran Khan ousted in April)
3. Netherlands (farmers’ protests)
4. Canada trucker’s protests (Feb 2022)
5. French (Yellow Vest) protests against Macron
6. The collapse of FTX ahead of the CBDC 12-Week Trials (November 2022)
7. COP 27 New Climate Ten Commandments (Nov 2022)
b. There are political and economic unrest not necessarily related to the WEF policies, but are also feeding into the overall global unrest
1. Liz Truss steps down as UK PM after serving for only 44 days
2. Turkey’s currency collapse
3. Turkey-Greece potential military conflict
4. Azerbaijan-Armenia military conflict
5. Ethiopia-Tigray military conflict
6. Haiti’s political unrest
7. North Korea’s saber-rattling against its neighbors
8. Netanyahu’s third reelection as Israeli PM (globalists don’t like this)
9. Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44B (the deep state doesn’t like this)
10. Assassination of former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe (July 2022)
11. The destruction of the Georgia Guidestones (July 2022)
c. Xi Jinping was reelected (for life) in China
1. The only other General Secretary “elected” for a record third time was Mao Zedong
2. Chinese ambitions increasingly became antagonistic toward the US and the West as they sided with Russia over the Ukraine conflict and their general lack of disrespect toward the Biden Administration
3. China’s population protests over the draconian zero-covid policy have the potential to flare up into even greater nationwide protests and potentially, a civil war, should the Xi regime not loosen up on its policies
THE TOP ISSUES FOR 2023
1. Globalism vs. Regionalism: The continued push for WEF policies and candidates will provide unpopular top-down control over participating nations. Contrastingly, bottom-up support will be for nationalism and nationalist political leaders ultimately meeting in the middle to create regional power blocs. Think about it like this. If a one-world government was the intent all along, it should fall in line with the Hegelian dialectic model for implementation:
Thesis: How to get to a one-world government?
Antithesis: Force impractical and dysfunctional (and highly unpopular) globalist policies (courtesy WEF, Great Reset, Agenda 2030, 4th Industrial Revolution, etc.) on nations to create chaos and unrest. Simultaneously, destroy successful capitalist markets by imposing politically driven (and completely untenable) socialist policies that bend capitalism towards fascism. Then add a programmable, surveillance-based digital currency to the world economic infrastructure to replace the ailing US Dollar as the world’s reserve currency
Synthesis: Regional government will be the meet-in-the-middle solution that reduces the total number of individual autonomous nations, and diminishes individual national sovereignty, but is not so far overreaching that is immediately rejected as geopolitically unnatural. Nevertheless, achieving seven, ten, or even twenty regions is far more manageable (from a one-world-government perspective) than 193 individual nation-states. Ultimately, we know where the world ends up by Revelation 13, so it seems that this is the approach they are running with to achieve those ends
2. Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC): CBDCs are programmable, 100% digital, surveillance-based currencies. The rapid strengthening of CBDC policies and technologies across the world is (along with AI and Quantum supremacy) the new ‘arm’s races’ for the 21st century. World powers will use the current inflation (they created), failing legacy fiat currencies (they enabled), and massive national debt (they created) as excuses to expedite the implementation of digital centralized currencies. Spectacular and even, patsy-like collapses of companies like FTX (and perhaps later Tether) will only highlight the need for more government control over decentralized cryptocurrencies
Again, the two main problems going forward are this: If the US goes along with a CBDC, free-market capitalism will end and the Constitution will be forever broken no matter who gets elected. However, if the US doesn’t convert to a national CBDC, it will be left behind by all the other nations that do. We know the world ends up with one form of currency, the Mark of the Beast, so we know this is heading in that direction. Apart from the Rapture, this may explain in part the US absence (or at least, prominence) in the last days’ sequence of events
3. The EU Army: The Russian invasion of Ukraine and the disastrous 2021 Afghanistan withdrawal, continues to highlight the deteriorating US-EU relationship, as well as the decline of US global power. There is a movement already in progress to expedite the realignment/transition of NATO into becoming a eurocentric EU Defence Force (See also PESCO and here), and with high youth unemployment rates, it will not be difficult to begin to draft their army.
Ultimately, the failure of the NATO structure, as well as the continued decline of the United States, will by necessity, force a defense-based realignment within the European Union. Some might think that building an EU army might take decades. Might I remind everyone of the condition of the US military just before WWII, and how quickly we overcame that deficit to become the world’s superpower in less than six years (1939-45). Watch as the EU begins to embrace its’ ancient identity and take back on the mantel of its former self, the old Roman Empire
4. Global Religion: With the completion of the Abrahamic House in Abu Dhabi this coming May, the world will have its first, truly ecumenical, globalist-endorsed, religious headquarters. At present, it seems powerless and even laughable to most of Christendom (as I’m sure it does also to Jews and Muslims) but think about it this way. Think about how much power and influence the World Health Organization (WHO) had before Covid 19. Not much really, especially as it relates to Americans. The WHO was a medical advisory organization that worked with other national Centers for Disease Control (CDCs) and other similar organizations to promote global health initiatives. Then think about how much power and influence it’s had since 2020. Now it seems every major medical decision (wrt pandemics and vaccines) has to have the backing of the WHO in order to gain traction. Furthermore, global medical policies (e.g., global vaccine passports) are being crafted by the WHO and are being enforced by nations who submit to their medical authority.
So that was a medical crisis, and it greatly bolstered the WHO’s standing with regard to global authority. Consider economic crises and how global authorities (not national) are being used as the ‘final word’ in matters pertaining to economics and currency. Now think about the world’s next major crisis (the Rapture), and how much influence this new house of Chrislam will have after that religious/supernatural crisis.
5. Depopulation: World leaders are increasingly convinced (or so they say publicly) that climate change is the world’s greatest, existential threat. At the same time, the world’s population just passed the eight-billion persons. As 2023 opens up, we are going to see a greater push to reduce the carbon footprint of humans by endorsing (and enforcing) things like abortion, euthanasia, and medically induced “died suddenly” medical experiments that will continue killing millions.
Paradoxically, the world’s global leadership is now more concerned than ever about our health and security and has offered Orwellian-type medical surveillance (even under the skin) to keep us safe. They are saying this out of one side of their mouths, while equally and aggressively pushing policies designed to kill off the human population. Ironic eh? Not to worry though, if depopulation is their chief concern, the 21 judgments inside the 70th Week will correct that problem supernaturally.
6. Changing of the Guard: The world’s two major superpowers (the US and China) are both in bad shape economically and societally and are presumably in their final stages before collapse. China suffers from a significant female-to-male deficit (thanks in part to a decades-long one-child policy and abortion), and a rising (and massive) geriatric population, all built upon a house-of-cards economy.
The US is now at $31.5 trillion in debt and is increasingly suffering under the weight of a bloated bureaucracy (a voracious deep state), failing currency, out-of-control political polarization, chaos at its borders, drug epidemics, and numerous other national and global challenges. Seeing as we can’t even control what’s going on within our nation, how are we expected to maintain law and order around the world? The truth is, we can’t.
China sees this and is quickly attempting to diversify its economic dependence upon the US, but the ties are too deep, and when the US collapses, it will drag China down with it. Perhaps this is why we don’t hear much from them in Bible prophecy until the end. Nevertheless, China will continue to dominate in their region until they collapse, but I don’t expect them to achieve all the grandiose global aspirations they have planned (Belt and Road Initiative, global control of the economy, etc.). Rather, I see, through a series of unfortunate and prophetically predicted events, Europe rising to take back control of the global stage as both the US and China suffer under the weight of their own makings
7. Rapid advancement of Technology: The world is continuing to race ahead in every spectrum of technology. This is both quickly outpacing our ability to defend against all of the threats, and is moving beyond the technological capabilities as described in the book of Revelation (e.g., artificial superintelligence, colonizing the moon and Mars, etc.). Mankind has reached (or is about to reach) the Tower of Babel moment where God puts His thumb down and stops mankind in his tracks through a sudden, calamitous event known as the Rapture of the Church. Consider the race is afoot in all the below categories:
– Artificial intelligence
– Space-related technologies
– Next-generation communications
– Quantum technology
– Human cloning and genetic manipulation
8. Quantum Technology: Speaking of out-of-control technology…the real arms race in the 21st century will not be found in nuclear weapons, aerospace, or even outer space, but in quantum technology. The term is ‘quantum supremacy’ and the goal is to create a stable, usable, system that everything is linked to and can run everything (thus fulfilling the NWO prophetic mandate of achieving the Internet of Things). The crazy thing is, one quantum computer is capable of doing just that. While there are races concurrent with CBDCs and AI, achieving Quantum Supremacy will be the edge that puts whoever gets to it first, victorious. Currently, the big three American companies in the race toward quantum supremacy are IBM, Google, and Microsoft. These companies all have European-based headquarters as well, so if the US goes down, these transnational companies will just shift their immense resources to Europe. Consider these possibilities from the following articles here and here if interested. Quantum technology will:
1. Make medical experiments no longer necessary as Quantum programs will be able to model every conceivable scenario (except the supernatural!)
2. To conceive and create new building materials (ex. graphene oxide) at an increasingly faster pace
3. Answer the cosmic riddles that once plagued mankind
4. Enable artificial intelligence to rapidly outpace man’s ability to control it. Don’t worry though, demonic forces will do this
5. Be used to enhance cybersecurity through a merger between nanotechnology and biometrics
6. Render cryptocurrency (encrypted currencies) useless. Will require biometrics be implemented for security (i.e., hence in part, why the Mark of the Beast has to be put into humans)
7. Be used for military applications
8. Be used to enhance machine learning
9. Be used to forecast the weather
10. Be used to enhance investment portfolios (think Blackrock’s A.L.A.D.D.I.N)
11 Quantum transportation (as the Seal, Trumpet, and Bowl judgments continue to hinder global movement, this may become the primary mode of transportation)
So what is the big deal with quantum?
“Essentially, quantum computing, which uses subatomic particles to create new ways of processing and storing information, is a technological leap that’s expected to bring us computers capable of operating a trillion times more quickly than the fastest traditional processors available today. The potential danger of quantum computing is that it could render our current encryption practices useless — so any nation that develops quantum computing at scale could break the encryption of other nations, businesses, security systems, and more. This is a trend to watch carefully in 2023 as countries like the US, UK, China, and Russia pour money into developing quantum computing technology.” – (Source)
Now, the experts in the fields of quantum physics and technologies, are more conservative in their expectations for where they see that capability being in both 2023 and 2030. However, as we all know, crisis is the mother of invention, and it’s likely, that a great global crisis (such as the Rapture) would allow for the fast-tracking of these technologies on a scale we’ve not seen since World War I by removing the restraints for demonic intelligence to make it happen
9. Black Swan Events and Wildcard Options
Last but not least, is the innumerable wildcard and black swan events that we mortals either can’t know or can’t see coming. In no particular order:
a. Israeli strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities (I expected this for 2022) but with Netanyahu’s ouster that seemed to diminish. Now with his return, I expect them to do this in 2023 because Israel has run out of time.
b. China’s invasion of Taiwan. The worse China becomes economically and societally the more likely this will become a reality as China uses this as both a distraction for their population, as well as a focal point for their military.
c. The deaths of aging world leaders. I fully expect that globalists like Kissinger (99 years old), and George Soros (92 years old) to pass this year. Perhaps it’s why they’ve been so invested in passing on their globalist agendas to the next generation. Other notables are Klaus Schwab is 84. Joe Biden is 80 but in failing mental health. Pope Francis is 86. Will these be the leaders to carry on into the seven-year tribulation?
d. New pandemic planning event (copied from here)
Quote: Evidence is piling up that this “pandemic” had been scheduled long in advance. This article refers to 3 “simulations” that the Gates-funded Johns Hopkins undertook in the last 2 decades. This is on top of what has already been covered.
– Gates provides $750M for GAVI startup (1999)
– Dark Winter (2001)
– Atlantic Storm (2005)
– Rockefeller’s Lockstep Narrative (2010)
– Theresa Tam & “Outbreak” (2010)
– Gates/Pirbright & CV patents (2015)
– Raj Saini & M-132 (2017)
– GAVI lobbying Ottawa (2018-2020)
– Clade X (2018)
– Event 201 (2019)” End quote
Now add this to the list: Catastrophic Contagion (2022)
e. Natural calamity of global consequence. The earth is groaning and we are starting to get these “once in a generation” storms and events happening more and more frequently. I don’t expect this trend to suddenly reverse or end in 2023
f. Last but not least, is the Rapture of the Church. Although it does not start the 70th Week, it certainly sets the conditions for all that follows
Indeed, how did it get so late so soon? I don’t know if it’s because I’m 48 or we as a human race are just that much busier, but 2022 flew by very quickly. I reckon the longer we wait on the Lord, the faster things here on terra firma will continue to speed up, thus adding new understanding to the Lord’s return coming quickly. And while much of what we see is coming at us like a freight train, just remember what Christ’s words were to the church of Philadelphia, and by extension, to all believers alive in the last generation.
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name. “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” – Revelation 3:10-13 (my emphasis)