Your Salvation – Evidence of Being a New Creation

Ruth

10 Questions from John's first epistle. We can be assured of our Salvation – Evidence of being a new creation in Christ Jesus.

These were presented in the epistle of John for assurance for the believer that they are truly born again and for the one who may be deceived into thinking they are born again when they actually are not if they do not exhibit these changes in their life. Some changes and events are more dramatic in one person’s life than another and if one or two are not evident than it may be an area where you need to focus and pray about.

1. Do you enjoy fellowship with the Holy Spirit in your daily life? 1 John 1:6; 1 John 4:13
2. Are you sensitive to sin? 1 John 1:5 And do you recognize that you are a sinner? 1 John 1:8
3. Do you obey God’s word? He tells us to love Him above all else and to love others as He has loved us. 1 John 2:3
4. Do you love this world and the things in this world? We are told not to: 1 John 2:15
5. Do you eagerly await his return? 1 John 3:2-3
6. Do you love other Christians? 1 John 3:10
7. Have you suffered rejection because of your faith? 1 John 3:13
8. Do you experience answered prayer? 1 John 3:22
9. Can you discern between spiritual truth and error? 1 John 4:1-3
10. Do you see a decreasing patter of sin in your life? In other words are you more holy today than you were when you were first saved or if you were saved recently – are you walking towards holiness or trying to adjust to pleasing both the world and God? 1 John 3:4-10

I think this is a good list too to use before going to communion to evaluate our hearts.

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
wow i feel good
i need to work on 2 of them but i feel great

i can do this

thanks for the list --what a great witnessing tool

Ruth

I am so glad it is helpful. I know that often the enemy beats me down trying to tell me that I am not saved and so I searched the scriptures for His word to help me know for sure that I my salvation is evident in my life. I found listings like this from various different sources and merged them along with the scriptural references that support each one.

I know that my heart is burdened for those who believe they are saved but have not exhibited any evidence of becoming a new creation.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
wow i feel good
i need to work on 2 of them but i feel great

i can do this

thanks for the list --what a great witnessing tool

I agree. I could do better on a few of them, too. We just need to workma little harder. But regardless, we can still see the HS moving greatly in our lives and that is the result of belonging to God. :thumbup

bghtnpd4

Home with Jesus ... waiting for you all.
That was awesome for me to read today. Like the rest of you, there are a couple I could do better on. Specifically 1 & 3. I've recently realized I have been HEAVY on 7 for sometime now and just hadn't recognized it...:sharks:

Sing4Him

JUDE 1:3 Contender!
For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. Matt 10:20

justme

In Jesus' Kingdom Soon!
I am so glad it is helpful. I know that often the enemy beats me down trying to tell me that I am not saved and so I searched the scriptures for His word to help me know for sure that I my salvation is evident in my life. I found listings like this from various different sources and merged them along with the scriptural references that support each one.

I know that my heart is burdened for those who believe they are saved but have not exhibited any evidence of becoming a new creation.

This is what I'm seeing so, so, so much of these days. People professing to be Christians but living and acting just like the world. I do not understand this behavior. It's as if they have 1 foot in church and 1 foot in the world's pleasures and are loving every minute of it. To me this is what the bible refers to as lukewarm.....neither hot nor cold. I would be absolutely miserable living a life such as that.

paul&katie

This is another good one at the end you will know are you saved or not.

All of it is here: http: http://www.omegaletter.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=5940&SearchFor=saved

Paradox: "A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true;" e.g., the paradox that standing is more tiring than walking.

Two thousand years ago, becoming a Christian meant becoming an enemy of the state. The simple act of believing meant, under Roman law, being guilty of a 'hate crime'.

It wasn't because the Romans were anti-religious. Ancient Rome was one of the most religious empires of antiquity. The Romans had dozens of their own gods and were willing to embrace pretty much anybody's else's god, as well.

The only 'god' rejected by Rome was the God of the Jews and Christians. To be accepted by the God of the Jews required converting to Judaism and forsaking all other gods. To be accepted by the God of the Christians required converting to Christianity and forsaking all other gods.

Your average Roman had room to worship his own gods, (and anybody else's) but he drew the line at worshipping one God exclusively. And the doctrine that only worshippers of the One True God could go to heaven left out all the pagans.

That's why Christianity qualified as a hate crime in AD 55.

Paul

Last edited:

Deborah

Thank you Ruth for sharing this. What a great reminder of where our focus really needs to be.

I'm printing it right now and will put in my bible for easy reference!

Ruth

I am so glad it is of help. I have been setting out to answer the following questions for myself:
1. Is our salvation eternal and permanent or can we 'lose' it? I have learned that it is indeed eternal and there is no doubt in my mind with scriptural support that it is permanent.
2. If it is permanent - then I needed to make sure that there was no doubt that I am saved - and that is what prompted the list.
3. What does the narrow path mean? I’ve learned that the narrow path has several meanings (isn't that God's way to make the truth multi-dimensional?) It is narrow because it is to follow behind Jesus alone - single file - and we follow Him without our own works or baggage adding to our salvation; And it is narrow because on the right side of the narrow path are those who those who believe themselves to be 'good' and deserving of heaven because they are 'good'; And on the left side are those who are so guilt ridden with conviction that they don't think they are deserving to be saved and reject Him for that reason. The path is indeed narrow and few there be that find it.

Anyway – that has been my own personal little study and journey over the past several months and what a wonderful journey it has been. It is fun to share what I’ve learned with my brothers and sisters in the body of Christ.

Back