'You are a disgrace': European MPs trash Justin Trudeau to his face during Brussels visit over 'trampling' of Freedom Convoy protests

athenasius

You know what blew me away when he gave one of his speeches? When he was talking about the trucker's convoy and was referring to white supremacists and referred to the confederate flag. Confederate flag? Hahahaha. I didn't know Canada had any ties to the civil war in the US.
He has more hair than wit. Like his mother.

Sadly he is running the country! The only ties I'm aware of that we had with the US Civil War was the Underground Railway-- we were the end point for a lot of slaves. That effort ended in 1865 with the 13th Amendment of your Constitution outlawing slavery. There was a final surge from 1850 to 1865 with the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 that allowed slave owners into the Northern States but of course didn't apply in Canada. Thankfully in 1865 the 13th Amendment was passed and slavery was outlawed. We got a bunch of good Canadian citizens coming north who did a lot to build Canada (and add a little melanin to the mixture)