Yossi Cohen: Iran not close to getting a nuclear bomb

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yossi Cohen: Iran not close to getting a nuclear bomb
Former Mossad chief: If Iran develops a nuclear weapon, lsrael must be able to stop Iran on its own.
By LAHAV HARKOV
OCTOBER 12, 2021

There is greater opposition to Iran’s nuclear program than in the past, former Mossad director Yossi Cohen said Tuesday at the Jerusalem Post Conference. “I think that Iran, to this day, is not even close to acquiring a nuclear weapon... This is due to longstanding efforts by some forces in the world,” he said in response to a question by Jerusalem Post intelligence reporter Yonah Jeremy Bob, which included references to Israeli covert actions in the Islamic Republic.

Iran’s position is also weaker in that there is “less foreign support for what [it is] doing than in the past,” he said. If Iran develops a nuclear weapon, Israel must be able to stop it on its own, Cohen said. Asked if that would be possible without bunker-buster bombs, he responded: “We have to develop capabilities to allow us to be absolutely independent, doing what Israel has done twice before” – bombing nuclear reactors in Syria and Iraq. “They should not sleep quietly in Iran,” he added.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/i...an-not-close-to-getting-a-nuclear-bomb-681752

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Can Israel afford to be wrong about the timing of Iran acquiring nuculear bombs? I think not. Better to err on the side of caution.

I would guess that Iran will want to have at least a half dozen of them before they decide to use them... just guessing.

Hiftobaf

Gantz said in early August that Iran was about 10 weeks away from having a nuke. If he was telling the truth, that means Iran should have one any day now. Cohen says a nuke is far off.

My Magic 8-Ball says Cohen is lying and Israel attacks Iran in the next 72 hours.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Gantz said in early August that Iran was about 10 weeks away from having a nuke. If he was telling the truth, that means Iran should have one any day now. Cohen says a nuke is far off.

My Magic 8-Ball says Cohen is lying and Israel attacks Iran in the next 72 hours.
LOL i don't know about that soon but i definitely wouldn't be having the complacent mindset that Cohen is stating