Wrong House Shootings

jab777

This is awful. People do pull into wrong driveways and such and realize they have the wrong address. They usually mean no harm to the homeowners. I’m not surprised more people are jumpier than they used to be since everything is falling apart and there’s more people out and about with bad intent. It’s a sign of the times that the old adage “shoot first and ask questions later” seems to be the guiding principle.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
And another one in Texas, cheerleaders tried to get into the wrong car, man starts shooting. What kind of person feels threatened by three school girls? The enemy is using the freedoms afforded by our republic to destroy it.
That's scary. I have walked up to the wrong car before...I think I may have even tried to open the door once. It's easy to do after leaving a noisy, crowded store especially if you're tired and hungry.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
It doesn't seem like there is any excuse for these shootings, and certainly they will suffer the consequences,

but I wonder how much fear has been pumped into these households? Age also may come into play.

Praying for the families and friends suffering through these events. :pray

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Since in a lot of places it seems that criminals are being allowed to have free run without police intervention, a lot of people are probably going to be quicker to shoot in perceived self-defense. Given that the best defense is an offensive action, I really blame unfettered lawlessness on people's responses with regards to protect themselves and their property. It'll only get worse if crime keeps paying.

I know I for one don't really care what the local law says with regards to self-defense. I'll defend life and property come what may as I believe I have a God given right to do so. I won't be shooting anyone who just pulls in to my driveway, though...

I wonder about the black teen at the wrong house shooting. I wonder if there is more to that story...

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
I also wonder if there is a hidden agenda, Like OK MSM: Let's report these gross negligence of firearms stories as the normal conduct of gun owners.

Let's vilify gun ownership. Hunting already is being trampled by andromorphic animals having souls and shouting murder when they become table fare.

Next will be publication of all the License plate numbers seen at Bass Pro Shops...

Oh yea, fishing is ok..... for now... unless you loved The Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo...

One in Florida last fall according to the article, two dads got into a road rage match, shot at each other, and each wound up hitting the other's young daughter in the backseat of each vehicle.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...lison-florida-road-rage-shooting/11652073002/

Madness. Over some silly mess in traffic that should just be blown off.
News just released in that case charges have been dropped against one party. It was ruled he acted in self defense.

dseno

This kinda stuff is wild. Even stories of police entering the wrong house and killing innocent people. Society is rampant with hatred and sin, not to mention the weapons of the world.

NewWine2020

Since in a lot of places it seems that criminals are being allowed to have free run without police intervention, a lot of people are probably going to be quicker to shoot in perceived self-defense. Given that the best defense is an offensive action, I really blame unfettered lawlessness on people's responses with regards to protect themselves and their property. It'll only get worse if crime keeps paying.

I know I for one don't really care what the local law says with regards to self-defense. I'll defend life and property come what may as I believe I have a God given right to do so. I won't be shooting anyone who just pulls in to my driveway, though...

I wonder about the black teen at the wrong house shooting. I wonder if there is more to that story...

I have seen accounts that said the teen was manipulating the door knob, trying to open the door which, even if it's the right house to pick up your siblings at night time, still seems kinda odd to me.

At night, everything appears more threatening; and "kids" today are pretty big (to me anyway), I'd bet money that the pictures of the teen the media is using don't show how large he actually is, nor would they capture how threatening he probably looked to an 84 yr old man, well after nightfall.

I know I sure haven't forgotten the "Summer of Love" and how Black Lies Matter was allowed to run wild. The Black community can cry "racism" all they want but they can thank BLM for folks (not just whites either) now being hyper vigilant when around young black men they don't know personally.

Honestly, I would be pretty put off seeing any person of either gender or any ethnic makeup pulling on my front door handle at night time and would def. issue a not very politely worded verbal challenge to them demanding they explain what they thought they were doing.

This is such a sad story for everyone involved. Such is the state of the fallen world.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Honestly, I would be pretty put off seeing any person of either gender or any ethnic makeup pulling on my front door handle at night time and would def. issue a not very politely worded verbal challenge to them demanding they explain what they thought they were doing.

Me, would find a firearm, place a chair in front of the door, and wait for them to open it. If they do...

Dragontiger777

More as they are cold heart as wax that have no warm or hot heart as compassionating but end up shot. This is kind of sadly. Good thing newspaper throw on their pouch and will they shot to whoever.

I was work with newpapers delievery to house or apartment. There no problem. that something beyond crazyyyyyy

GotGrace

That's scary. I have walked up to the wrong car before...I think I may have even tried to open the door once. It's easy to do after leaving a noisy, crowded store especially if you're tired and hungry.
I have done that and kept wondering why the door wouldn’t unlock. I would eventually feel like a fool and slink my way over to my vehicle hoping nobody saw me.

NewWine2020

Me, would find a firearm, place a chair in front of the door, and wait for them to open it. If they do...
Lol, TT, When I initially read this, (before my reading comprehension kicked in) I pictured you SITTING on the chair ( maybe whistling & polishing your boom-stick a bit) waiting for them to break in..

My wife & I are not gun owners (yet) but our 1st "line of defense" includes a ''tactical tomahawk"...:)

depserv

I opened the wrong door at a motel quite a few years ago. I was tired and had gone to a bar after work and had a few drinks. It was the right number room but the wrong motel, mine being on the opposite side of the street. I don't know why my key opened the door but it did. A very upset Hispanic fellow in his underwear came right up to me and told me to get out of there immediately. I actually argued with him for a little bit because I thought he was in my room. Then I turned around and looked across the street and apologized to him. I'm glad he didn't shoot me.

Out of a nation of over 330 million people, all kinds of things are going to happen. Add in massive lawlessness and a government that does more to protect the criminals than the good people, and there will be mistakes made by people thinking they are in danger from criminal assault when it's just some honest mistake. The liberal press will do its best to make it look like these things are way more common than they are, as part of their long running propaganda campaigns intended at disarming the American people.

Consider how many people are killed in automobile accidents, way more than are killed in accidental shootings, but no one is calling for cars to be outlawed, or for making it harder to get a driver's license or anything like that. Even the most hard core anti-gun bigot will get in his car and drive even when doing so is not essential to the preservation of life, even though he knows that travelling in a car is more dangerous than living in a society where guns are legal. This makes the hypocrisy of anti-gun bigots very clear.

In self defense you don't always have a lot of time or the presence of mind to analyze a situation. So when I look at cases like these I wonder how many cases there might be where a good guy hesitated, and ended up getting killed by the bad guy when he could have defended himself if he had not hesitated. This is something we have no way of knowing, but it stands to reason that it is at least as common as these accidental shootings are. Even trained military professionals sometimes kill members of their own side; it's called friendly fire.

What all this boils down to is that when government becomes in effect a criminal gang, allied to common street thugs, there will be more cases of self defense, and when there are more violent encounters, there will be more accidental shootings, because that's the nature of self defense. The solution is to return America to a more peaceful society. This though is not likely, given that lawlessness seems to be the goal of the political class.

Back