Written records of biblical King David discovered by researchers

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Written records of biblical King David discovered by researchers
The stele was discovered in fragments in 1868 roughly 15 miles east of the Dead Sea and currently resides in the Louvre museum in Paris.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: JANUARY 12, 2023

The Mesha Stele, also called the Moabite Stone, is a basalt stone slab that has provided historians and linguists with the largest source of the Moabite language to date. Researchers have only now been able to verify with a considerable degree of certainty that the stele contains explicit references to King David.

The stele was discovered in fragments in 1868 roughly 15 miles east of the Dead Sea and currently resides in the Louvre museum in Paris. While it was damaged in 1869, a paper-mache impression of the inscription was captured before the damage occurred. The slab is etched with a lengthy account of King Mesha of Moab going to war with Israel. The events described correspond, albeit imprecisely, with a similar account in 2 Kings chapter 3.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/article-728354

Dave123

That is really interesting because it wasn't until the 1980s that a unified kingdom under David was accepted by the biblical archeology community at large. That tells me that they already knew it was true and rejected the evidence. There was a reference to the "house of David" found in the 1980s, up north in Tel Dan. That is when the archeological community finally had to swallow their pride and admit that King David was a real person. But they knew as far back as 1868, but refused to accept the evidence publicly. Makes me wonder what other discoveries have been made that they are not being honest about with the public.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
That is really interesting because it wasn't until the 1980s that a unified kingdom under David was accepted by the biblical archeology community at large. That tells me that they already knew it was true and rejected the evidence. There was a reference to the "house of David" found in the 1980s, up north in Tel Dan. That is when the archeological community finally had to swallow their pride and admit that King David was a real person. But they knew as far back as 1868, but refused to accept the evidence publicly. Makes me wonder what other discoveries have been made that they are not being honest about with the public.
Exactly. God is making sure the cat is out of the bag, so to speak.
They absolutely held back certain items that prove the authenticity of God's Word , as well
as the One whom they pierced .
One day the veil will be lifted from their eyes and they will see .

Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David,
and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem ,
the spirit of grace and of supplications: and
they shall look upon me whom they have
pierced , and they shall mourn for him , as one
mourneth for his only son, and shall be in
bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness
for his firstborn.

Praise The Son of God!
✝️

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
It is so exciting that they keep finding artifacts/scrolls that date way back. This should make believers out of some people that are not stiff necked and hard headed. I like the scripture that says :bible my word will not return void. :praying for many more salvations into the family of God. :bighug

Back