Worldwide anti-government protest, paving way for "savior"

lismore

Kate Forbes a Christian who is running to be Scotland's First Minister seems to be under a barrage of media attack for her Christian views. (If you google her name you'll see what I mean). Her main rival, Humza Yusaf a Muslim is not under any level of scrutiny for his Muslim beliefs. Secular media are anti-Christian because of it's 'archaic views' but are ok with Islam? That's ridiculous. The only thing the media seems to have an issue with is the truth. If ever we needed any confirmation this was the last days here it is. God Bless You All :)
Sadly Humza Yuasf has narrowly won the election to be Scotland's First MInister after the media bashed the Christian candidate Kate Forbes. A double standard, a hatred for the truth. So we have a Muslim FM and a Hindu is the Prime Minister. Lord have mercy!

Last edited:

Bethlehem57

Just my perspective but unfortunately I feel like I hear the call from believers regularly for a government or person that "we need" or that "if only the GOP or so and so could gain power". And it kind of blows me away some times.

I guess I don't see the call for an earthly savior as unique to unbelievers alone and that is sad. The Obama election, the Trump election (especially), The 2020 race (defintely), the midterms, the SOTH selections all under score that, at least with known "Christians" in my life and even on TV/ YouTube etc.

I get that there is a difference between a "good" (better than other guy) president and a savior but in hearing the language and reading the posts of Christians I know and listen to, it's hard to differentiate that some people don't see a political figure or movement/party as a savior.

I think That'll only increase going into 2024 elections. I feel like Biden facebook memes and tv punditry that tickles the ears are itches that need to be scratched by many believers. I think Sharing Holy Spirit inspired perspective and reading the Bible would be far more beneficial, but often those aren't itches that need attention by all believers.

This is definitely feels like the time to keep facing ahead and finish the race, however long it takes.
If only we had depended upon the Lord God Almighty, instead of man, to lead our country! I believe that the Lord allowed this man to become President, because we leaned on a human instead of the Almighty! Look at what that got us!

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;”

GHoe

If only we had depended upon the Lord God Almighty, instead of man, to lead our country! I believe that the Lord allowed this man to become President, because we leaned on a human instead of the Almighty! Look at what that got us!

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;”
Great verse to meditate on these days especially for the questions many Christians have for why is this leader being allowed (and potentially another Biden-esque leadership system to follow in 2024).. Looking at the decline of this country and its rebellious turn away from God, it really should be of no surprise to those who have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

But yet the question still gets asked by believers and they still act like they don't understand why God is allowing this to happen or they have eyes fixed on a man that could make things better for them.. Those questions/thoughts need to be reviewed in the contrast of verses like you've provided, Proverbs 3:5, Isaiah 55:8-9 and Hebrews 13:14, "For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven."

Personally, I think Trump was allowed, to help highlight or contrast for us, what was to come in Biden and next in 2024. God allowed Biden knowing full well what was and is to come and "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance,". (2 Peter 3:9)

If I believe 2 Peter 3:9 and I believe Hebrews 13:14 then I believe that it's very likely that this rebellious leadership currently in place actually is an act of God's love for His children in His brilliance that we can never comprehend (fine by me). Biden and a continued moral decline in 2024 could very well be more fertile ground to stregthen those in Christ to share the gospel, for calling back the back-slidden and for unbelievers to come to eternal salvation through Jesus Christ than a Trump (head in the sand / comfortably numb) leadership.

fretslide

Learning more daily
I was just thinking about this yesterday after reading about the protests in China and Iran as well as many other places.
Things are becoming quite restless.
You can sense it in general.
Something is definitely amiss on a global scale.
There seems to be a convergence on a Biblical scale on many fronts.
There seems to be this ominous silence hovering about.
Wickedness is shifting gears .
It is definitely accelerating .
However , Jesus Christ the same yesterday , and today , and forever.
When I think of this, I get the picture of a great herd of people waiting to get into a festival, then when the gate is opened, they all pour in like water from a burst dam. The wickedness is getting up to speed waiting for the restrainer to be taken out of the way then boom, it will accelerate at a speed never before seen. But we are like the news video of the man on the roof of the house in the flood and the helecoptor lifts him up just as the house is swept away.

If I were not saved and did not know prophecy, I would be freaking out with the rest of society but I am, and I do, so every event I see makes me ever more confident that our God knows the end from the beginning and what we are seeing is the stage being set for the finale of this world system.

Back