Worldwide anti-government protest, paving way for "savior"

GHoe

That's the beauty of the Holy Spirit. There is a recognition from the Holy Spirit that our citizenship is not here and so we won't be (shouldn't be) looking here for the answers but many will because that's the flesh. It's easy for Christians walking with Christ to see the writing on the wall, the world deteriorating and the A.C. on the horizon. And because the masses don't look for God now they will be looking for him and accept him. Great time to have lamps full and guided by the Holy Spirit.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
The government of the UK has stopped even pretending to be anything but an oligarchy that wants to drain all our money into its own pockets and kill off all the poor, disabled and long term sick through starvation.

As one of the long term sick I am not happy but there's not a blasted thing I can do about it. The Tories are corrupt. Labour is corrupt. The Lib Dems and the Greens are corrupt.

They're all corrupt. When your whole government is unrepentantly evil what on Earth can you do about it?

Nothing is humanly possible. We can do nothing but pray.

lismore

As one of the long term sick I am not happy but there's not a blasted thing I can do about it. The Tories are corrupt. Labour is corrupt. The Lib Dems and the Greens are corrupt.
Hello Cireth! That's the point. The government is shocking and there is no prospect of getting anything but another shocking government. Therefore people are willing to accept anything or anyone, even the A/C, who seems to be able to promise something more. The OP is correct, the way is being paved, the scene is being set. but we the church won't see a false saviour we are going to see the real one. Soon and very soon we're going to see the King! God Bless You :)

alisani

I agree that covid changed things. More people got comfortable with the idea of handouts and reliance on the government. They got more comfortable quitting jobs and staying home. They became more anxious and depressed, forsaking community and socialization. In that isolation and anxiety, they don't hear dissenting opinion and they are relieved when someone else tells them what to think. So many freedoms lost. And the government is happy to encourage all of the above in the name of acquisition and domination. People aren't looking for Jesus because that would demand moral absolutes and greater responsibility. To our younger generations especially, He is pure anathema.

KenE@21B

Many people rely on government to solve all of their problems. Inevitably when that government fails to do so there is discontent. I do worry about potential military actions that could create added stress. What if 2023 is the year Israel attacks Iran’s nuclear facilities? What about China attacking Taiwan? And what does the US do in response to these kinds of events if anything? I pray for peace and stability on this earth but things seem to be speeding in the opposite direction.
I fully appreciate your position.... but must always defer to the Word of God which states that these things MUST come to pass!

I feel for those who see trouble escalating all around the world and who are tempted to pray for this to stop - but without trying to sound super-spiritual, I urge you rather to pray that the Father's will be done so that He can be glorified by the fulfillment of His Word. Remember, He is with us always with us and for us - whom shall we fear!

lismore

The government of the UK has stopped even pretending to be anything but an oligarchy that wants to drain all our money into its own pockets and kill off all the poor, disabled and long term sick through starvation.

They're all corrupt. When your whole government is unrepentantly evil what on Earth can you do about it?

Nothing is humanly possible. We can do nothing but pray.
Hello Cireth. You may have heard this but the First Minister of Scotland resigned a few days ago. There are three candidates in the running to replace her. The third, Kate Forbes the finance secretary is a Christian and member of the Free Church. She is reported to have said that marriage is between a man and a woman and this: “To be straight, I believe in the person of Jesus Christ. I believe that he died for me, he saved me and that my calling is to serve and to love him and to serve and love my neighbours with all my heart and soul and mind and strength.” It's a bit of a development. Can she be appointed to the post? Will she be able to do any good if she is? The other two candidates, Humza Yusaf is a muslim and the other, Ash Regan I have not heard of. God Bless You :)

lismore

Kate Forbes a Christian who is running to be Scotland's First Minister seems to be under a barrage of media attack for her Christian views. (If you google her name you'll see what I mean). Her main rival, Humza Yusaf a Muslim is not under any level of scrutiny for his Muslim beliefs. Secular media are anti-Christian because of it's 'archaic views' but are ok with Islam? That's ridiculous. The only thing the media seems to have an issue with is the truth. If ever we needed any confirmation this was the last days here it is. God Bless You All :)

NewWine2020

It seems that no one is happy with their governments. Protests are happening across the world, from Brazil regarding the election that happened, to Europe over farming and other stuff, to even China protesting the extreme lockdowns. People won't be welcoming of the anti-christ if they're satisfied with their governments. Instead, the whole world needs to be disheartened and despondent, waiting for a savior to rescue them from fascistic dictatorships and provide them with all that they want and need. We are clearly seeing the starting conditions for the rise of the Anti Christ when people are willing to stand against even the Chinese Government.

"People won't be welcoming of the anti-christ if they're satisfied with their governments."

Agreed, you can see the pieces falling into palace day by day with an increasing tempo.

Sadly, the Antichrist will have a very, VERY low bar to clear to look 200% more caring and competent than the organized crime syndicates in suits posing as "government officials and CEO's who care for their citizens & consumers." The elite see regular people as nothing but metrics and statistics.

If I did not know how it inevitably ends I would be one of the people on the street demanding change as well.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
With capitalism failing (intentionally?) at unprecedented levels across the planet, I can see how easily the beast will win its subjects.
Capitalism was always doomed to fail. It increasingly rewards the despotic psychopaths who see nothing wrong with treading on others to acquire more and more profit.

Communism works... If you remove sinful, greedy, grasping human beings.

dseno

Capitalism was always doomed to fail. It increasingly rewards the despotic psychopaths who see nothing wrong with treading on others to acquire more and more profit.

Communism works... If you remove sinful, greedy, grasping human beings.
I think they are very similar because in theory they could both work but in practice it doesn't work at all

I'm no economics major but if a system is "not working right" when too many people are prospering your system doesn't work lol

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I think they are very similar because in theory they could both work but in practice it doesn't work at all

I'm no economics major but if a system is "not working right" when too many people are prospering your system doesn't work lol
It's not that too many people are prospering it's that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Trickle down economics doesn't exist. Wealth trickles up, not down.

Have you heard of the Vimes (Terry Pratchet) Boots theory of poverty?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
It's not that too many people are prospering it's that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Trickle down economics doesn't exist. Wealth trickles up, not down.

Have you heard of the Vimes (Terry Pratchet) Boots theory of poverty?

There's a problem when the mechanisms for upward mobility disappear and most of the middle class disappears, mostly to the poor side of the chasm. When the mechanisms for upward mobility disappear, they also wipe out housing stability for families and financial security for old age. The only exception being families that somehow manage to hang onto family farms that do well enough to provide enough for the family and pay the taxes and expenses.

SJ129

With the information age, more and more people are getting a glimpse of what they could have. Of course what they see is manipulated to an extent, but its the desire for something else - something others seem to get. Its envy or a feeling of entitlement. A balancing of equity that vilifies the haves.

And when leadership has the most, the best, on demand, the masses begin to hate such leadership.
Also, with the technological advances and instant info, it makes it even more probable that sometime soon, Jesus will have been preached to EVERY person on earth. Imagine being the person who was given the assignment of (unknowingly) sharing the gospel with that final person, heralding in the next chapter!! Just something I’ve thought about. We must continue pointing to Jesus, no matter what chaos is going on around us!

Back