World Events: Bleak Outlook / Depression

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I have a list of Bible verses that really speak to me, personally. Some are unusual, in that they are not the ones which are traditionally turned to for comfort. But He speaks to me thru them…

I typed up the list, made copies of it, and keep copies at home, at work, and in my car, so that whenever I start feeling sinking and horrible, I have the list right there with me to read and remind me. I even had each list laminated so they stay in good condition! That’s how desperately I need these verses at hand!

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I love this often overlooked passage. It has carried me thru so much misery and trouble. It’s first on my list of favorite verses…

(2 Corinthians 1:8-10)

We do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the hardships we encountered in the province of Asia. We were under a burden far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life itself. Indeed we felt we were under the sentence of death, in order that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God, who raises the dead.

He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will again deliver us. In Him we have placed our hope that He will yet again deliver us.

RobinB

When I start feeling totally overwhelmed by the increasing evil, I try to keep in mind this just isn't rampant corruption that we have no control over and will never end. It's part of God's plan that will eventually lead to us meeting Him... all that evil will eventually be punished... we just have to do our best until then.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I have a list of Bible verses that really speak to me, personally. Some are unusual, in that they are not the ones which are traditionally turned to for comfort. But He speaks to me thru them…

I typed up the list, made copies of it, and keep copies at home, at work, and in my car, so that whenever I start feeling sinking and horrible, I have the list right there with me to read and remind me. I even had each list laminated so they stay in good condition! That’s how desperately I need these verses at hand!

I like that. I keep a verse on my bed stand so I see it every day. It is a favorite verse of mine... 2 Chronicles 16:9 The eyes of the Lord roam over the whole earth, to encourage those who are devoted to Him wholeheartedly.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
So if you have been raised with the Messiah, seek what is above, where the Messiah is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God. When the Messiah, who is your life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4

Came across this passage and thought of this thread. As I meditate on this passage and others like it I can't help but to be completely stunned that not only is the Church rescued by Jesus from the wrath of God, joined to Christ but also will be revealed with Him in His glory, (when he comes for a second time to earth to reign)!!

That is really an amazing generosity, kindness and incredible privilege so freely given to us by God! It pales in comparison to anything this world has to offer and when one thinks of it, nothing we have today or others have is worth one bit compared to what God has reserved for his Church and hidden very securely with Him! It is going to be an incredibly glorious eternal life with Jesus, well worth the trials that we endure here on earth. No wonder the Apostle Paul considered his previous life as nothing, less than nothing even:

He says “…..I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.” Phillippians 3:8-9

kathymendel

Lamborgini, you mentioned your friendS seem to be doing just fine and living the good life.
Perhaps it seems that way because they are not walking closely with the Lord, and/or aren't watching for His soon return for us.
So many people - the lost and Christians alike - are not interested in end times. In fact, many have never been taught from the pulpit, or don't
even believe in prophecy. So, they walk through this life without a lot of conviction..........just waiting for death to take them, and THEN they will
go to heaven. They are not looking for our release from this earth, in fact, many have no desire to go! They are in a much worse place than you
are right now. At least you care!

I'm old...........and, I've been waiting a l-o-n-g time for the rapture to happen. My body is in pain, my energy levels are so low, life has shrunken for
me as it does for many elderly. I can become depressed if I'm not careful. I'm blessed to have my wonderful daughter, and sister in Christ, living
with me, and we both work at boosting each other up as we wait. We have a devotion each morning with our coffee, dicuss The Word frequently,
and we choose to focus on how good God is to us........He provides our needs in every way until He comes. Is our life perfect? Heck, no! But, even
tho our lives don't look as easy and comfortable as that of many others.........we are content to live each day as best we can for Him as we wait his
return for us. And, HE IS COMING........SOON! Be of good cheer, as we all wait for this Glorious Promise to be fulfilled together, ever encouraging
one another.

I understand where you are coming from, and I'm almost sure most of us here have felt the same way at times. I certainly have.
Hang in there with us, it won't be too much longer.

penbrat

Lately i have been feeling incredibly anxious as well, and depressed. I tell Him every day how much i wish He could just take me up outta here, so i can sympathize with you there.

The best advice I can give, is to keep your eyes on Him.... He will help you through. And one very helpful aspect of keeping your eyes on Him, is to ask yourself "what can I do for HIM?" and "How can I be of service to HIM?"
Shine outward.
Do not go inward, by wondering why others have been "blessed" or how/what Jesus can do for you. Turning inward will only lead to us trying to lean on our own understanding, as well as hinders the trust we place in the Lord.
Just know that He loves you, and that alone is all that matters. <3
Love this. Perfect advice for the times we are in.

Rocky Rivera

Lamborghini, you have described my life. Word for Word. 100%!

But as the others already said, we must keep our eyes on Jesus…not on our misery…

We must be so very close to going home. The final generation…the “fig tree” generation…began in 1948…it is now 73 years old…and the Word of God says that a generation is 70 - 80 years. He’s now wrapping things up…

In the depths of our misery - our heartache, depression, anxiety, resentment, frustration, and disappointment - we are right now standing on the very edge of eternity…

Whenever I start to sink, emotionally - which is every day, throughout the day - I remind myself of what took place in 1948, and what it means for us now, 73 years later, regarding the time frame of Bible prophecy…

And in the meantime, we must be about His business here, as time grows so short, sharing the Gospel with those who don’t know Him and are stumbling around in a fog, in the darkness, because of their spiritual blindness…
Is it really 73 years? The Bible counts years as 360 days (Babylonian method), not 365 (Gregorian method). Therefore, from 1948 to 2021 is [(73 x 5) + (73 x 360) ] / 360 = 74.013 Babylonian years. If you use the Babylonian method, we're actually much further along. If we were to account for 80 Babylonian years, that would be 80 x 360 = 28,800 days. Take 28,800 days and divide that by 365 for Gregorian years and you get 78.9 Gregorian years. But yes, God is wrapping things up. If the LORD tarries, we could see economic collapse very soon, and the eventual consensus to reset the economy and go to a one-world currency system. If He tarries even further, we could be forced to move into our Heavenly mansions a lot sooner.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Is it really 73 years? The Bible counts years as 360 days (Babylonian method), not 365 (Gregorian method). Therefore, from 1948 to 2021 is [(73 x 5) + (73 x 360) ] / 360 = 74.013 Babylonian years. If you use the Babylonian method, we're actually much further along. If we were to account for 80 Babylonian years, that would be 80 x 360 = 28,800 days. Take 28,800 days and divide that by 365 for Gregorian years and you get 78.9 Gregorian years. But yes, God is wrapping things up. If the LORD tarries, we could see economic collapse very soon, and the eventual consensus to reset the economy and go to a one-world currency system. If He tarries even further, we could be forced to move into our Heavenly mansions a lot sooner.
All these maths calculations are burning my brain out LOL

Lovin Jesus

Hugs to you with great sentiment and love. You aren't alone in how you have felt. For me the more I gave of myself to others who were hurting and praying for them on a regular basis, I found myself being comforted by the same comfort I was giving them. Finding that this is scriptural made it even more meaningful.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God".
2 Corinthians 1:1-4

I have gone through the worst year of my life and yet it has been during this year that I grew ever closer to Jesus than in all of my life. I grew ever closer to my brothers and sisters in Christ during the most difficult trials I ever faced in my life.
Not to ever say it was easy getting through it all and I actually expect more to come, but I can say, even in my present physical condition that I can get up and walk away (spiritually) feeling a satisfactory that the devil lost again because nothing can ever separate from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:31-39
I share this with you because as I can only speak for myself, while I am certain that many in the body of Christ can relate to your feelings and it makes us think how much more or how much longer, but your coming here to open your heart to us in this way is unifying for us as a body. Read
1 Corinthians 12:12-26
This is why the church exists as the body of Christ. When one hurts we all feel it. And are here to lift one another up in Love.
I'm glad you chose to open up about how you have felt and I hope you know you can do this as often as you need to and know that you are in company with many sharing your sentiments and are here to encourage you and comfort you with the love of Jesus.

pixelpusher

Lambo,

I too know how you feel, this descent into disaster has made me angry and then depressed, then depressed and angry. Those are fed and fueled by looking at the so-called headlines. What makes me feel better is plunging into the Word, boning up so I might have answers for any who ask, and build up faith, re-charge the batteries in my flashlight as it were.

I think we need to be ready to let go of what we have in terms of earthly things. It's all His anyway, and we know day to day we will have our needs met.

Should we reject these times, or welcome them?! God's plan is going forward, are we to resist that? Or be ready to give the answers hurting people are going to need to hear? Perhaps the destruction of the Republic and all the evils going on will shake some (many?) hard enough, put them (and us) on their butts (and ours) so they have to look up. How many souls is America worth? It's not our home anyway, tho it's been a gracious host in the past.

So they are flooding the country with immigration. Should we be outraged, or pray for the opportunity to share the gospel with these, should they come into our circles?

How much do we REALLY trust God? Not accusing, but this I've asked myself many times lately.

There's no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone. That was a sign on the wall at the taekwondo school, and it's pretty good, but we do have Comfort even in the hard places. But also, persecution is like fertilizer for the Church... soooo....

Day by day. Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.

On this journey, do we fly first class, or second class?

Second class ticket: Psalm 56:3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

First class ticket: Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for YAH, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.

:pray

Carl

I remember once trying to explain delays in God's answers to prayer to my teenage son. My answer was that God could be waiting for someone to do something before He can give His answer to you.

JustLikeHeaven

The reason for the cliche, "It's always darkest before the dawn" is because it is true. God is never late, but He's never early either. The Bible tells us the reason for the delay--"He wants all to come to repentance." In comment-streams on conservative websites, I see great evidence of a turning to Him. Even six months ago, one would never have seen the number of "thumbs up" that Christians get when they comment on His nearness. It is as if the whole world is holding its breath in anticipation--the globalists--those who belong to this world, are salivating over their long-hoped-for one-world government. Those who are the children of God understand what is coming and that they will soon be going home--this world is NOT our home. More and more I am coming to that realization at a heart-level, not just a mind-level. God understands our impatience because He experienced it when He was here with His disciples (who were sometimes, laughably dense). He understands our sorrow, because He experienced that too when He was here. Please, hold on tight, study the word--keep your mind and heart on Jesus, and, most of all pray. It's going to be okay--He promised us that.
This was truly beautiful. I had to come back again and read it. I also saved it so I can refer to it as much as need be, even though it was for the OP. Either way…thank you! :inlove

JustLikeHeaven

We must be so very close to going home. The final generation…the “fig tree” generation…began in 1948…it is now 73 years old…and the Word of God says that a generation is 70 - 80 years. He’s now wrapping things up…

THIS!!!!!
:woohoo

JustLikeHeaven

It’s getting VERY scary out there.. BUT GOD!

yrrek

The only way the world will follow the Antichrist and the beast system is if the whole world is desperate. When there’s no hope and no where to go that’s any better, when it looks like people are going to starve and have nothing, that’s when they will look for someone to save them. And then suddenly there will be this charismatic, “perfect” man that has all the answers. Or, at least it seems that way. What else will make it possible for Americans to willing give up their freedoms and way of life? It seems bleak but really… I see this as the fire that is purifying the church before we go home.