Womens Infections (ahem…)

Psalm37v4

Hi there,
I didn’t want to put the exact reason for this thread in the title since it involves a particular part of the woman’s body down below (and I don’t mean Australia).

i’m referring to the oh so lovely but annoying yeast infections. My mom gets them often, and now I’m beginning to get them fairly regularly.

I was wondering if you had some natural remedies to keep yeast infections in check? Particularly annoying at night when I’m trying to fall asleep, and that burning sensation occurs.

thanks for reading and replying! :)
Lynda

Leigh

Hi Lynda! I don't have particular suggestions for you, but I do love natural remedies and often get ideas from the website Earthclinic.com.

On the home page under Popular Categories click on Conditions and find *the ailment* in the list. I just checked & would put the direct link here for you, but not sure if that's allowed.

First, general suggestions are listed, then the reader comments begin pouring in. Those are what I like to read. There are 22 pages of comments for "your condition." :)

(Disclaimer: Earthclinic isn't a Christian site so I skip right over anything I disagree with. And obviously, I feel like I have to say check with your doctor if you want to be sure about any of the suggestions given. Although doctors typically aren't into natural remedies! )

Hope this helps!

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
It's all about the undies. All cotton...no synthetics...and not too tight.
If they get sweaty, change them ASAP. Same with panti-liners.
Also extended wearing of yoga pants and leggings can create a problem.
And consider wearing nothing to bed. Or Sometimes I wear 100% cotton men's boxer shorts to bed. Very comfy, nice and airy.
Girl's gotta breathe! ;)

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
And consider wearing nothing to bed. Or Sometimes I wear 100% cotton men's boxer shorts to bed. Very comfy, nice and airy.
Girl's gotta breathe! ;)
thongs cause trouble

Wings Like Eagles

Hi Lynda! I don't have particular suggestions for you, but I do love natural remedies and often get ideas from the website Earthclinic.com.

On the home page under Popular Categories click on Conditions and find *the ailment* in the list. I just checked & would put the direct link here for you, but not sure if that's allowed.

First, general suggestions are listed, then the reader comments begin pouring in. Those are what I like to read. There are 22 pages of comments for "your condition." :)

(Disclaimer: Earthclinic isn't a Christian site so I skip right over anything I disagree with. And obviously, I feel like I have to say check with your doctor if you want to be sure about any of the suggestions given. Although doctors typically aren't into natural remedies! )

Hope this helps!
I would try limiting excessive starches and especially sugar. They cause high blood sugar and contribute to the condition. Also, eating plain yogurt once a day--kefir is even better. Studies have shown that the number and severity of both yeast infections and UTIs are significantly reduced by the edition of plain yogurt to the diet. I would avoid sugared varieties of yogurt as they are absolutely loaded with sugar, and high amounts of sugar in the finished product, kills the beneficial microorganisms, so what would be the point?

Wings Like Eagles

thongs cause trouble
Ironing the crotch on all-cotton panties is helpful as well. Yeast are vulnerable to bleach (although bleach is destructive to the cloth fibre) and high heat. Perfumes are very irritating so it is best to use scent-free detergent when washing undies. Jeans are also a problem as they trap heat and moisture in that area--especially if they are thick denim. Wearing thinner, all-cotton lounging pajamas while at home are also beneficial. Daily showering with un-scented, very mild soap is a must, as yeast by-products and bacteria need to be washed away daily. Some studies have shown that it isn't so much the yeast itself (it is always present there) that is the problem as much as the stuff that it puts out and the bacteria which collect there as well as various perfumes to which the area is often exposed.

Last edited:

ShilohRose

Wings Like Eagles said, "Daily showering with un-scented, very mild soap is a must, as yeast by-products and bacteria need to be washed away daily."

I would suggest Dove unscented soap for sensitive skin. Also, don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets on any of your clothing or towels. I would imagine that scented laundry detergents like Gain would be problematic as well.

Jan51

I second the cotton panties. Also adding 1000mg vit C a day helped me. Go to earthclinic dot com, my favorite natural remedy site, and search for yeast infection, then especially read the info on organic apple cider vinegar, both internal and external.

RobinB

Girl's gotta breathe! ;)

Agree with all that. cotton only, even if your hubby buys you cute nylon ones.

ChildofLight

I had a yeast infection for a long long time. I even wore cotton panties showered every night and ate yogurt. I tried over the counter stuff- didn’t work. Went to doctor and got medications- didn’t work. Tried more over the counter stuff again- didn’t work. Went back to doctor and previous doctor left and new female doctor. She simply said go to a natural health food store and get acidophilus. It must be a high dose and must be refrigerated as it is a living bacteria. Double up on the dose the first day and then as prescribed on bottle. IT WORKED!

ChildofLight

Not sure as I didn’t read each response but high doses of antibiotics cause yeast infections. Not sure if one antibiotic is worse at causing yeast infections or not. Also no nylon or polyester panties.

Wings Like Eagles

Not sure as I didn’t read each response but high doses of antibiotics cause yeast infections. Not sure if one antibiotic is worse at causing yeast infections or not. Also no nylon or polyester panties.
About 70-80% of all antibiotics produced in the world go into animal feed. We would be kidding ourselves to think that there are not some of these agents coming through in the meat and milk of those animals. Crowding livestock together in small spaces is responsible for most of the need for antibiotics--fish farming is a new market for the antibiotics.

While we are on the subject, the world needs animal protein. Despite the push of veganism, there has never been a people group anywhere which has survived long-term on a vegetation-only diet. Vegans will often say, "Look at India--they don't eat meat!" That is true, they don't (for the most part--they have many different cultures and cuisines in India). BUT, they eat lots of eggs, dairy products and some fish, in places near the sea. Yogurt is a staple in the diet of most Hindus. The biggest nutritional deficit that they have is Vitamin D, which is counter-intuitive for such a sunny country as India. But, going out in the sun is discouraged, in the Hindu culture. In particular, it is discouraged among wealthy Hindu women. It has been estimated that 80-90% of Indians are severely Vitamin-D deficient (less than 20 ng/ml of blood).

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
You can infect your husband, so even if your yeast infection is treated and gone, he can reinfect you. Both need to be treated until both are totally clear. Yeast infections can spread to any/all parts of the body - anyplace there's moisture.

Washing of hands and anything that could might possibly have gotten contaminated . . . white cotton sheets and white cotton towels and washcloths so they can be sterilized. A new washcloth and towel every single time, for both you and your husband.

Wet wipes in the bathroom, but blot dry after because moisture. Make sure all skin is kept clean and dry. Under the breasts, in the armpits, inside the elbows and knees, between fingers and toes and under finger and toe nails, and the crotch/upper thighs are extremely important. Your husband's body, including his private parts, are just as important as yours to treatment/prevention.

Some people microwave undies.

:pray :pray :amen :amen