Women in faith conference

REKG

Didn't know where to post this, Does anybody have any good or bad information about the Women in Faith conference's that are being held? The conference is being held in Lake wood church, in Houston this feb. I kinda have a bad feeling bout this, can't find any real reviews or anything. thanks.

[email protected]

Defender of the Faith
Didn't know where to post this, Does anybody have any good or bad information about the Women in Faith conference's that are being held? The conference is being held in Lake wood church, in Houston this feb. I kinda have a bad feeling bout this, can't find any real reviews or anything. thanks.

Sounds like a spirit of Jezebel to me - I would just read the scriptures under the guidance of the Holy Sprit - why do we need to go to conferences to understand the Word of God :scratch:

followerofjesus

Slave of Christ
Sounds like a spirit of Jezebel to me - I would just read the scriptures under the guidance of the Holy Sprit - why do we need to go to conferences to understand the Word of God :scratch:

I think some conferences are beneficial, so I wouldn't lump them all together as being bad, but just looking at the lineup of this one (includes Beth Moore and Christine Caine), I would caution my wife to avoid it. Plus the fact it's being held in Mr. Osteen's establishment would indicate double trouble for me.

Lucy

I went to a Women Of Faith conference, probably almost 10 years ago now. My impression...it was horrible. It was all motivational, emotional, imaginations of humans, not the Word of God at all. Of course it was all wrapped in the vernacular of Christianity, but, it was not of the Holy Spirit.

I had gone with a group of women from the church we were attending at the time, so I called my dh to come get me and I left early. It made me sick in my spirit.

REKG

Thank ya'll for the input, had red flags go up, however didn't know anything about it. Again I thank each of your responses.:thumbup

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I went to a Women Of Faith conference, probably almost 10 years ago now. My impression...it was horrible. It was all motivational, emotional, imaginations of humans, not the Word of God at all. Of course it was all wrapped in the vernacular of Christianity, but, it was not of the Holy Spirit.

I had gone with a group of women from the church we were attending at the time, so I called my dh to come get me and I left early. It made me sick in my spirit.

Though I've not ever gone to one (on purpose), I've read enough about them and looked at their programs, speakers, etc., to know that I want no part of it.
So glad, Lucy, that you had the discernment to get up and leave. That would be hard for some women to do, since many of us are usually so intimidated about being the 'odd woman' out.
I respect and admire you for you courage.

araj54

I know the feeling Sis. Back in the early 1980's I was invited to attend a camp meeting in our area that was put on by a WOF preacher, though I wasn't aware of that at the time. I arrived early, was praying, reading my bible, etc., then this "preacher" walked into the auditorium through a side door about 30' from me, and almost immediately I felt this coolness round about me, almost like a damp fog feeling, and an uneasy feeling in my spirit. I left soon thereafter. At some point after that I saw his smoke and mirrors performance on tv and understood why the Holy Spirit prompted me to leave that meeting.

followerofjesus

Slave of Christ
Praise God for the discernment that He gives us. There are so many things in the world today with "Christian" stamped on them, but are not of God.

Philippians 1:7-11
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

ReadyforSupper

I've never attended one, although they hold the Women of Faith conference from time to time, very close to me. There are several reasons I've never attended such a conference...I'm not trying to be rude, but I really don't like listening to women preach, never mind several of them.

Conferences can turn God's houses into marketplaces, each speaker hawking their wares. If they truly loved and cared for their bretheren, they'd make it affordable for EVERYONE to attend. I understand, they have huge expenses, but this is ridiculous.

This is from Orlando's 2013 WOF conference: "New for 2013: Women of Faith will incorporate selected stories from “The Bible” miniseries (seen on the History Channel) into the Believe God Can Do Anything tour." (oh, fabulous...let's use the History Channel instead of scripture, by all means) and..."Ticket Prices: Individual: $99 Standard, $109 Premium | Group: $89 Standard, $99 Premium | $2 service fee per person will be added"

Then I found this: Women of Faith

Sis, I applaud your discernment, and I'm so glad you posted this thread. I have friends who have been contemplating spending a ton of money on going to one of these conferences, now I can show them what we've found.

REKG

Just in case, " I,m a bro.":elmogrin I posted this cause my wife saw it at church, and yes I,ve done more research and I really have a bad feeling bout the wof and will asked at my church why?