Woke Methodists Move to Ban Own Symbol

RogerThat

All I can say is wow.
https://www.westernjournal.com/woke...ingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

The "minister" they quote in the article who is calling for the change said, "when I saw the United Methodist Cross and Flame, I didn’t think of John Wesley’s heart being strangely warmed, I didn’t think of the flaming tongues of fire resting on the Apostles in Acts 2. I didn’t think of how each tongue of the flame represents the former denominations that came together to form The United Methodist Church — The Evangelical United Brethren and The Methodist Church. My mind went back to that burning cross I saw on the side of the freeway — a symbol my mother told me was devised to cause fear in black people.”

Here we have a man who SHOULD derive his worldview through the lens of Christ and Scripture, but still only sees the world through the false lens of the woke left. Sad.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
All I can say is wow.
https://www.westernjournal.com/woke...ingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

The "minister" they quote in the article who is calling for the change said, "when I saw the United Methodist Cross and Flame, I didn’t think of John Wesley’s heart being strangely warmed, I didn’t think of the flaming tongues of fire resting on the Apostles in Acts 2. I didn’t think of how each tongue of the flame represents the former denominations that came together to form The United Methodist Church — The Evangelical United Brethren and The Methodist Church. My mind went back to that burning cross I saw on the side of the freeway — a symbol my mother told me was devised to cause fear in black people.”

Here we have a man who SHOULD derive his worldview through the lens of Christ and Scripture, but still only sees the world through the false lens of the woke left. Sad.

....oh boy .....

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
True, had to chuckle anewcreationinjesus gay was thought to be one of carefree and happy, gone are the days sigh.
Yeah it's been annoying when reading Enid Blyton books to the kids ....am now starting to hate seeing the word "tran" too ....where a tranny used to be a radio ....sigh ......

Last edited:

Son of the Rock

Their symbol always appeared to me to be a "T" or "Tau" that was burning. The Tau is a symbol for the winged staff of Hermes, and the fire depicted suggests it emerging from Hell. When you look at when the UMC adopted the symbol, I believe it was after they went Liberal/Apostate.