Woke Board Names

alisani

Me too since it is the short version of my given name.
Mine too, both my real name and my anglicized Mohawk name Alisani. So I grew up being called Al and hated it. There was a beer commercial back in the day with some guys playing poker and the guy had a dog named Al who, when called, fetched the beers from the fridge. So between that song being sung at me constantly and someone calling for me and requesting beers when I answered, I'm not too fond of being called Al. However, I was willing to take one for the team so to speak. :cool: I much prefer being a Ni Knight so my gratitude to @Footsteps!

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
:cool: I much prefer being a Ni Knight so my gratitude to @Footsteps!
:cool::thumbup
My grandfather came from Germany, his name was Albert with a solid German last name and he disliked his first name and always went by Bud, he was an avid outdoorsman , hunter/fisherman/trapper , good with a spear and a bow, made his own dip nets and seine nets by hand, could read a river better than most. But he had 5 daughters, and all he kept getting was grand daughters, and some how he became an alcoholic , something happened when he was at war and he got malaria. Then I came along the first born male from 5 daughters(and my mom had 2 miscarriages before me) and my dad was in the Navy and gone for a long time, so mom named me after grandpa. Grandpa was in Louisiana when I was born because he was a finish carpenter and went south for the winters to work, when came home in the spring he found out he had a grandson and was jumping for joy, when he found out my name was same as his he said I'm calling him Butch, which I thought was great as I got older, infact when I was young I thought my real name was Butch. Grandpa quit drinking completely when I was born and I have great/fond memories of him and I wading rivers/fishing and learning all he knew of the outdoors as he took me fishing and hunting/trapping all year when something was in season during weekends we were on it. Hope to see him with Jesus when we rapture , sorry for rambling on I can do that when I don't have a migraine.

alisani

My grandfather came from Germany, his name was Albert with a solid German last name and he disliked his first name and always went by Bud, he was an avid outdoorsman , hunter/fisherman/trapper , good with a spear and a bow, made his own dip nets and seine nets by hand, could read a river better than most. But he had 5 daughters, and all he kept getting was grand daughters, and some how he became an alcoholic , something happened when he was at war and he got malaria. Then I came along the first born male from 5 daughters(and my mom had 2 miscarriages before me) and my dad was in the Navy and gone for a long time, so mom named me after grandpa. Grandpa was in Louisiana when I was born because he was a finish carpenter and went south for the winters to work, when came home in the spring he found out he had a grandson and was jumping for joy, when he found out my name was same as his he said I'm calling him Butch, which I thought was great as I got older, infact when I was young I thought my real name was Butch. Grandpa quit drinking completely when I was born and I have great/fond memories of him and I wading rivers/fishing and learning all he knew of the outdoors as he took me fishing and hunting/trapping all year when something was in season during weekends we were on it. Hope to see him with Jesus when we rapture , sorry for rambling on I can do that when I don't have a migraine.
Not rambling at all and I love to hear stories like this! I'm always running on lol!

alisani

I'm actually hoping that in heaven, we will have the chance to all share those stories with each other about family, experiences, culture, everything.

alisani

I look forward to not remembering the bad and pain from our earthly lives, Isaiah 65:17 comes to mind, and Rev. 21:4
I have no way of knowing for sure, but just as Jesus remembered his earthly connections after His ascension, I think we will too. And I think in our glorified minds and bodies, we will remember but without pain or mourning. None of of earthly experience will have that power over us any longer.

I've endured trauma, but I would not choose to forget it because God was so purposefully and lovingly involved in seeing me through it and on to joy and peace. I would not wish to forget His presence in my life, whether it was good life or not. And with eternal safety as my evermore, I have no fear.