Witnessing

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I saw a girl comment that she is losing her faith and she doesn't understand how God loves us (citing hell, the flood). She wrote, "Someone please help me."
Move in with the verse John 3:16, then explain how our sin can only be covered/forgiven once and for all by Jesus blood shed for all, all who accept that his sacrifice as payment for all our sins. That is God's love for all mankind that none should perish but have ever lasting life.

SarahRose

Move in with the verse John 3:16, then explain how our sin can only be covered/forgiven once and for all by Jesus blood shed for all, all who accept that his sacrifice as payment for all our sins. That is God's love for all mankind that none should perish but have ever lasting life.
Oh wow, that’s so funny. I already responded to her yesterday and used that verse!

I also added some of the parable of the lost sheep since she is feeling like God doesn’t care about us.

Haven’t seen a response but I’ll update if she does!

SarahRose

Thank you both for your advice!

I'm finding it's a little bit hard to keep things easy enough to digest in a YouTube comment, while also saying everything that needs to be said. I might start a thread for this specific reason in the Defending the Faith forum. Like tracts in YouTube comment form, lol. :hmmm

Jojo4124

So I know in another thread I said I wasn't going to comment on YouTube videos anymore because of the hostility...but I've been feeling a real pull to be a witness in that area! Even though in pretty much every video sharing the gospel, there are athiests commenting saying things about how "dumb" believers are and whatnot. But then, like today, I saw a girl comment that she is losing her faith and she doesn't understand how God loves us (citing hell, the flood). She wrote, "Someone please help me." And I just thought, "Well I can't not say anything now!" No one had responded to her and it had been a week since she posted it.

I'm really shy in person -- but I love to write. Maybe God wants to use this for His benefit? Even though I tried to fight it earlier?

Hm.
Go for it with God's leading! Writing can be a powerful witness to the lost, and encouragement to believers!

Psalm37v4

Just tried to witness to an atheist via Facebook. He was a complete stranger. I did not know the man until we made comments on the same subject (music). It was not a pleasant experience. He viewed himself as an intellectual. Blamed most of the worlds ills on organized religion. He admitted later on that he was damaged by some organized religion but would not name the denomination. Very arrogant in his points. Made me feel like a one-celled organism for believing in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Bible. The best I can say is he knows I’m a Christian and that I told him I would pray for him. The best thing he said to me was that I am an idiot and incapable of thinking for myself :D I would not recommend witnessing on Facebook unless it’s to someone you already have a good relationship with. Perhaps I planted a seed with this gentleman but if I did I think the seed is pretty deep in the ground.
I have witnessed on Facebook and I have no intention on stopping, just because a few atheists or misled believers don’t like it, laugh, etc. God has shown me over and over again that He has work for me to do. The best thing we can do when we witness to others, is to ask the Lord to stir their hearts and convict them, to give them a desire to want to know how to be saved. Then, I share Pastor Ralph “Yankee” Arnold’s four minute video on how to be saved. He explains it so clearly, better than I can. I’ve also pinned his video to my Facebook page so anyone who visits can learn how to get saved instantly.

One of the other things God has called me to do on Facebook is to pray for others, and also share the truth about certain doctrines, religions, etc. I know a lot of people think Facebook is evil and should be avoided, but I use it as a tool to further the kingdom of God.