Witnessing to some is easier than others

Eastxn

I thought I would share a little life story with y'all about witnessing. Years ago when I was in the navy a fellow sailor and I drew night watch together. This guy was a party animal, loved to swear, loved to drink, loved heavy metal music, was always talking about how he wanted to bed this girl and that girl etc... Well we were walking and chatting and I have no idea how but the conversation got around to the bible and I was talking about the revelation prophesies. I talked about the seal judgements, the rapture, the antichrist...etc etc. All of a sudden I realized that I had been talking for a good 15 minutes and he hadn't said a word. And I thought "what am I thinking...this guy isn't interested in this stuff" so I stopped.

Then he said "is that all"? I said no....then started talking about the trumpets, the plagues, etc....all the while he was just listening and kept saying "then what?"...."wow then what" It was like he kept wanting to know more....like he was hungry for more so I kept going. I was surprised but I started talking about the gospel, the flood, and other stuff. He just kept asking "then what"...and "what else is there?" That's the way the night went. The next few weeks I noticed something different about him. He was a lot calmer and not as loud as he used to be. After that I shipped to my next assignment and never heard from him again. I have no idea what has happened to him since then.

Contrast that with an experience I had a few weeks ago. I was talking to a woman who was really into word of faith and spiritual experiences. Trying to witness to her was like trying to nail jello to a tree. She wouldn't listen...kept saying "I'm right....your wrong....you're clueless....etc...etc" I kept showing her verses and she just said "that's not what it means yada yada yada" And she kept bringing up so and so scholar says this and this theologian says that.

Witnessing to lost people who never really cared about such things before is sometimes difficult....but for the most part I've found that THEY will at least listen. It's the religious people who think they're saved but aren't who are next to impossible to get through to. Have y'all ever had an experience like this?

Last edited:

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Have y'all ever had an experience like this?
People are at different stages in life as God is drawing them. One plants, One waters, but it is God that gives the increase. Please pray for my family as we gather together today, Pray that I may share God's word without hindrance as I plant the seed. May God direct my footsteps towards those He has made ready and put in my path so that I can have a productive day of witnessing for Him.
God bless you Eastxn
Brother Albert

Randy - Saved by Grace

I thought I would share a little life story with y'all about witnessing. Years ago when I was in the navy a fellow sailor and I drew night watch together. This guy was a party animal, loved to swear, loved to drink, loved heavy metal music, was always talking about how he wanted to bed this girl and that girl etc... Well we were walking and chatting and I have no idea how but the conversation got around to the bible and I was talking about the revelation prophesies. I talked about the seal judgements, the rapture, the antichrist...etc etc. All of a sudden I realized that I had been talking for a good 15 minutes and he hadn't said a word. And I thought "what am I thinking...this guy isn't interested in this stuff" so I stopped.

Then he said "is that all"? I said no....then started talking about the trumpets, the plagues, etc....all the while he was just listening and kept saying "then what?"...."wow then what" It was like he kept wanting to know more....like he was hungry for more so I kept going. I was surprised but I started talking about the gospel, the flood, and other stuff. He just kept asking "then what"...and "what else is there?" That's the way the night went. The next few weeks I noticed something different about him. He was a lot calmer and not as loud as he used to be. After that I shipped to my next assignment and never heard from him again. I have no idea what has happened to him since then.

Contrast that with an experience I had a few weeks ago. I was talking to a woman who was really into word of faith and spiritual experiences. Trying to witness to her was like trying to nail jello to a tree. She wouldn't listen...kept saying "I'm right....your wrong....you're clueless....etc...etc" I kept showing her verses and she just said "that's not what it means yada yada yada" And she kept bringing up so and so scholar says this and this theologian says that.

Witnessing to lost people who never really cared about such things before is sometimes difficult....but for the most part I've found that THEY will at least listen. It's the religious people who think they're saved but aren't who are next to impossible to get through to. Have y'all ever had an experience like this?

I know exactly what your talking about.
Going through that now with some friends.