Will The World See Saints Change and Go Up?

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I have always thought we would hear the trumpet, then the Lord, then instantly be in the clouds with Him with our new bodies.

Isn't the Rapture for the Bride, to save us from the wrath to come? To me, it's all about The Bride...our time will finally be here. We will be perfect.
In my earthly flesh, I worry over those left behind, but once I am in my incorruptible body, will this still be the case??
I have read discussions on whether there will be time to put the cat out or turn off the stove. I say no. Earthly things will not be our focus, only Jesus Christ and what He has in store for us.

I agree, the Rapture is the witness to the unbelieving world. I think at the twinkling of an eye, our work on earth is completed.

Changeditall

When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there.
I also watched that sermon he gave and it’s the first time I’ve ever heard that viewpoint. It’s certainly made think..and believe me I’ve been thinking about it a lot. Based on the way he explained it, I agree it’s possible ……but as with so much concerning the rapture I don’t believe we can be absolutely certain.

it’s frustrating on one level, to have so many questions, and yet it’s also making me anticipate it even more. :)
Oh great. I'm glad you heard it too. Yes it does make me look for it even more. I certainly can't explain it the way Pastor Don did. I know I heard another pastor with the same view. Maybe I will remember who it was at some point. Ever since I heard him I've been writing down other scriptures that seem to go along with it (at least to my way of thinking). It certainly is a message of comfort. Lord knows we need it. Thank you for responding dear saint.

Changeditall

It is interesting about the Resurrection of the saints / Rapture. Paul seems to present it as a sequence of events, rather than something that occurs instantaneously.

1 Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

First the Lord descends, with the trumpet call, then the dead in Christ rise.

So one can argue this event is already underway, before our feet have left the ground. Only after that, are we caught up with them.

The Rapture is always presented from the believer's point of view. Paul wants us to know what we can expect to see and experience. It makes me wonder if we(as believers) do indeed see the Lord descending, hear the trumpet call and the dead in Christ rising. Even before we ourselves are caught up.

If that is the case, that we actually see 1 Thess 4:13-18 occurring just as Paul describes, then I don't think we just vanish. The issue I have is in that scenario(where believers just disappear); it means that Jesus has descended, the trumpet call has sounded, the dead in Christ have risen, but we're unaware of all this until the very moment we are caught up.

That's the scenario that I have doubts about.
Yes I agree. There is definitely a sequence. These events do not all happen in the twinkling of an eye. The transformation of the living church happens in the twinkle after the dead in Christ rise. The Bible says "then" those who remain will be changed. According to the scriptures all the rapture events do not happen in an instant. So I ask myself why?. God certainly could do it all in an instant with no witnesses. Yet the scriptures don't say no one will see. And when I compare scripture with scripture I lean more towards the world witnessing the Rapture. This makes me so excited and looking forward to our blessed hope even more. Hallelujah ❤️❤️

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Yes I agree. There is definitely a sequence. These events do not all happen in the twinkling of an eye. The transformation of the living church happens in the twinkle after the dead in Christ rise. The Bible says "then" those who remain will be changed. According to the scriptures all the rapture events do not happen in an instant. So I ask myself why?. God certainly could do it all in an instant with no witnesses. Yet the scriptures don't say no one will see. And when I compare scripture with scripture I lean more towards the world witnessing the Rapture. This makes me so excited and looking forward to our blessed hope even more. Hallelujah ❤️❤️
The Scriptures also do not say those left behind will see/witness the Rapture.
That said , if those left behind can "witness"/ see it , than there should be multiple recordings of it after the fact.
That would ( IMHO) cause a whole lot of problems.
I personally believe the Scriptures teach that the Rapture is a signless and sightless event.
Faith comes from hearing The Word , not sight.

I personally believe the Rapture will be a more profound witness unseen than seen.
I don't think God wants those left behind to see it.
I believe the Rapture will be a stronger witness
after the fact , not during.

These our just my thoughts and what I personally glean from the Scriptures.
One day (hopefully soon) we will know!

Once again, nice thought provoking thread.
I also appreciate your excitement!
:)

Changeditall

That said , if those left behind can "witness"/ see it , than there should be multiple recordings of it after the fact.
I personally believe the Scriptures teach that the Rapture is a signless and sightless event.

I personally believe the Rapture will be a more profound witness unseen than seen.

Thank you for your input they will know we are Christians by our love.

Changeditall

I also appreciate

Changeditall

2Kings 2:
11And as they were walking along and talking, behold, a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and they separated the two of them. Then Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven. 12And Elisha was watching it ...
Acts 8:39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing. 40But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he kept preaching the gospel...
Here are some scriptures that give me reason to think it is possible the rapture might be seen. I also am merely voicing a thought❤️

Andy C

I agree that those left behind wont see bodies going up in the sky. However, there is no doubt all throughout the world, people will be talking to each other, then suddenly, without notice, one will simply disappear.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
The Church is one. And we are one with the dead in Christ. So for God to raise the dead first, and then hesitate to raise us up into the air after we are changed, doesn’t jive with me. We are one. The rapture event is for one body, the church and will not be in delayed phases, IMHO.

Last edited:

kathymendel

This thread has made me think about a sermon I once heard. Also, something I read in God's Word, but alas, cannot find now.
When Jesus was crucified and died, the graves were opened and people who were in them rose and walked about in the city for a time.
It doesn't say they did or did not speak to anyone............but, they were witnessed by some of the population.

I can't help but wonder if this means that when the Rapture happens the people of earth will see. I have no idea. But, it did come to mind.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
This thread has made me think about a sermon I once heard. Also, something I read in God's Word, but alas, cannot find now.
When Jesus was crucified and died, the graves were opened and people who were in them rose and walked about in the city for a time.
It doesn't say they did or did not speak to anyone............but, they were witnessed by some of the population.

I can't help but wonder if this means that when the Rapture happens the people of earth will see. I have no idea. But, it did come to mind.
Matthew 27:52-53

I think this was to reassure those in Christ that
one day they would resurrect and live.

Last edited:

PortWen

The Church is one. And we are one with the dead in Christ. So for God to raise the dead first, and then hesitate to raise us up into the air after we are changed, doesn’t jive with me. We are one. The rapture event is for one body, the church and will not be in delayed phases, IMHO.
We are one body yes, but in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Paul is very clear that the dead will be raised first, and then the living, and then we will join up in the clouds together to meet the Lord. Not saying there will be a lot of time or delay between those things but there is definitely an order of events.
But really, as the Bible doesn’t spell out whether it will be visible to the world or not, we can only speculate.

Andy C

We are one body yes, but in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Paul is very clear that the dead will be raised first, and then the living, and then we will join up in the clouds together to meet the Lord. Not saying there will be a lot of time or delay between those things but there is definitely an order of events.
But really, as the Bible doesn’t spell out whether it will be visible to the world or not, we can only speculate.
With surveillance cameras everywhere, think how many millions will be on a recording, then suddenly disappear….Think about a big city, such as New York, Times Square area, thousands walking on the streets, cameras everywhere, and in a flash, hundreds are gone, all caught on film. This same scene will be happening all around the world, all at the exact same time, as proof will be the time stamp on each video.

PortWen

With surveillance cameras everywhere, think how many millions will be on a recording, then suddenly disappear….Think about a big city, such as New York, Times Square area, thousands walking on the streets, cameras everywhere, and in a flash, hundreds are gone, all caught on film. This same scene will be happening all around the world, all at the exact same time, as proof will be the time stamp on each video.
For sure. How shocking/terrifying it will be for all those witnessing the sudden disappearances! But that’s not the same as actually seeing us change to our immortal bodies and ascending to meet Jesus in the clouds, which I think is what the original question was.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"

I always wonder why there wasn’t more written about the resurrected people walking around. There must have been such shock and awe!

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Yes, speculation. I just keep imagining the resurrected saints waiting around for us in the sky :ahaha and just don’t think there will be a delay.

Andy C

For sure. How shocking/terrifying it will be for all those witnessing the sudden disappearances! But that’s not the same as actually seeing us change to our immortal bodies and ascending to meet Jesus in the clouds, which I think is what the original question was.
Scripture IMO indicates its all over in a flash, nothing for anyone to see other than the person is no longer there.

Back