Will the raptured church battle with Jesus against the Antichrist and False Prophet and the ungodly nations at his second coming?

Lovin Jesus

I was surprised to learn that at Jesus second coming the raptured church will not participate in the battle against the Antichrist, the False prophet and the ungodly nations. Though we the church Will return With Jesus to reign with him in his kingdom during the millennium , that battle won't include the church. Revelation 19:14 describes those following Christ at his second coming as armies of heaven riding on white horses and dressed in white linen, and is why I concluded it was referring to the raptured church. But in fact angels also are clothed in white and angels are recorded in scripture as having roles in battle in bible history and in prophecy like Michael the Archangel who battles against Satan and his angels in heaven and ousts them out of heaven down to the earth as recorded in Revelation 12:7-9. So, it makes sense that this verse in Revelation 19:14 is actually referring to angels who are geared up to battle with Jesus. But the church will accompany Jesus at his second coming to reign with him in his kingdom and I imagine the battle that takes place will be a swift and precise battle that will take place and Jesus kingdom will be set up immediately Daniel 2:44.

RULING AND REIGNING
By Jack Kelley

Rev. 19:14 says it’s the armies of heaven who return with Jesus. Remember, angels are also clothed in white, and personally I don’t think the Lord will take His new bride into battle with Him. Besides, there’s no place in scripture that identifies the church as the armies of heaven. It always refers to angels.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/ruling-and-reigning/

Lovin Jesus

I was surprised to learn that at Jesus second coming the raptured church will not participate in the battle against the Antichrist, the False prophet and the ungodly nations. Though we the church Will return With Jesus to reign with him in his kingdom during the millennium , that battle won't include the church. Revelation 19:14 describes those following Christ at his second coming as armies of heaven riding on white horses and dressed in white linen, and is why I concluded it was referring to the raptured church. But in fact angels also are clothed in white and angels are recorded in scripture as having roles in battle in bible history and in prophecy like Michael the Archangel who battles against Satan and his angels in heaven and ousts them out of heaven down to the earth as recorded in Revelation 12:7-9. So, it makes sense that this verse in Revelation 19:14 is actually referring to angels who are geared up to battle with Jesus. But the church will accompany Jesus at his second coming to reign with him in his kingdom and I imagine the battle that takes place will be a swift and precise battle that will take place and Jesus kingdom will be set up immediately Daniel 2:44.

RULING AND REIGNING
By Jack Kelley

Rev. 19:14 says it’s the armies of heaven who return with Jesus. Remember, angels are also clothed in white, and personally I don’t think the Lord will take His new bride into battle with Him. Besides, there’s no place in scripture that identifies the church as the armies of heaven. It always refers to angels.

I always knew that the angels were included in the Revelation 19:14 verse but I used to think that the raptured church were also part of the armies.

Andy C

RULING AND REIGNING
By Jack Kelley

Thanks for posting, I concur with Jack.

Wings Like Eagles

RULING AND REIGNING
By Jack Kelley

I agree with Jack Kelley on this--the armies of heaven has always referred to angels as the "armies of heaven" and that the "Captain of the Host" (Joshua 5:13-15) is a Christophany. We like to think of Our Lord as being the bringer of mercy, but not exacting justice with His enemies. In addition, the Church is never pictured as warring, in any setting. The Church, like our Lamb of God, has always been "lambs to the slaughter" throughout the entirety of Church history. We are under God's mercy. It seems out of character for the Church to suddenly become instruments of His Justice.

Lovin Jesus

I agree with Jack Kelley on this--the armies of heaven has always referred to angels as the "armies of heaven" and that the "Captain of the Host" (Joshua 5:13-15) is a Christophany. We like to think of Our Lord as being the bringer of mercy, but not exacting justice with His enemies. In addition, the Church is never pictured as warring, in any setting. The Church, like our Lamb of God, has always been "lambs to the slaughter" throughout the entirety of Church history. We are under God's mercy. It seems out of character for the Church to suddenly become instruments of His Justice.
I was surprised because many prophecy teachers who are explaining the pre tribulation rapture have referred to Revelation saying the church isn't mentioned after chapter 4 until chapter 19, so we read chapter 19:14 and the "armies on white horses dressed in white linen" is referring to angels then, but the church is mentioned from verses 4-9 when the marriage supper of the lamb is happening. I have heard some say we the church are part of the "armies" returning with Jesus though. Either way it doesn't matter to me because we are with Jesus but I found it interesting to know this and share it because I imagine there are others who have thought the church is part of that army.

Wings Like Eagles

I was surprised because many prophecy teachers who are explaining the pre tribulation rapture have referred to Revelation saying the church isn't mentioned after chapter 4 until chapter 19, so we read chapter 19:14 and the "armies on white horses dressed in white linen" is referring to angels then, but the church is mentioned from verses 4-9 when the marriage supper of the lamb is happening. I have heard some say we the church are part of the "armies" returning with Jesus though. Either way it doesn't matter to me because we are with Jesus but I found it interesting to know this and share it because I imagine there are others who have thought the church is part of that army.
Yes--it is taught that we will be part of the Armies of Heaven but, truthfully, I think that we will be here, not to wage war but to help set up the Kingdom after Jesus and the Host of Heaven slay God's enemies. The angels throw the Antichrist and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire--ending the Beast rule on the earth. The Church doesn't seem to have much of a presence on the Earth until the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven, after the Final Judgment.

Eastxn

Doesn't the bible describe these armies as being "clothed in fine linen" and the fine linen as the "righteous acts of the saints"? I don't recall anywhere in the bible about angels wearing fine linen. If there is then my apologies.

Back