Will Smith Rushes Oscar Stage And Socks Chris Rock In The Face For Insulting His Wife

Andy C

Looks like a sissy slap to me, Smith does not strike me as a real tuff guy.
To me, it looked like a fairly hard slap. In “street“ terms, its extremely insulting to be - I cant post the real word, so lets
call it “female dog slapped”……:oops:. To use prison language, he made Rock his “punk”.

Chris Rock has already declined to press charges.

Last edited:

jab777

I saw the video and don't think it was staged. I guess it's possible... but I think it was real. I don't think the little guy would press charges for the assault and battery if it was real.
I wondered if it was staged but there is a story on Townhall.com about it with a clip from Japanese tv which broadcast the awards show. They didn’t censor anything and you could hear the smack when Smith slapped Rock. You also heard Smith’s remarks to Rock after he went back to his seat.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
That was my thought also. I could care less what they do and I would not waste my time watching the Oscars or any other Hollywood award shows.
The only reason it does matter is bc it shows where our culture is (or quickly headed) that you can walk right up to a person and assault them on national tv and have no consequences but even be applauded with awards. I heard he got a standing ovation when he won award? :rolleyes:

daygo

I saw the video and don't think it was staged. I guess it's possible... but I think it was real. I don't think the little guy would press charges for the assault and battery if it was real.
Its the way the host who got slapped didnt flinch or recoil at being hit, if it was real he would have held his face or grimaced in pain or whatever there was no reaction at all unless he was a fighter of some sort.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Its the way the host who got slapped didnt flinch or recoil at being hit, if it was real he would have held his face or grimaced in pain or whatever there was no reaction at all unless he was a fighter of some sort.

After Rock recovered and straightened out from the force of the assault, his face was not the same as it had been before. I could imagine he was in a state of disbelief at what had just happened, and he did try to keep his composure and press on, but it appeared to affect him.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
After Rock recovered and straightened out from the force of the assault, his face was not the same as it had been before. I could imagine he was in a state of disbelief at what had just happened, and he did try to keep his composure and press on, but it appeared to affect him.
Yea he was already prepping himself for something when he saw him running up onstage toward him anyway

depserv

Since the Hollywood community has the means to make fake fights look real you can't really tell if it was real or fake. Seems like a dumb way to increase ratings though if that was the purpose, and I don't know why Chris Rock would go along with it, since he ended up getting slapped down like some obnoxious drunk and that would be humiliating.

I didn't see any security guards come running out (though maybe they did and I just didn't see it), and you'd think they would, just to make sure it didn't go any further, unless they had been told ahead of time not to interfere with it.

Anything's possible with that group. They make a living essentially lying, by pretending to be people they are not and being as convincing as they can be in their roles. So I would guess that deception and hypocrisy is second nature to them.

I thought these shows were boring even when I was a kid and we only got one channel on TV. Since they have been turned into hate-America fests they have become worse than boring. I haven't watched one in decades.

I think they might as well be more open about their purpose and have awards for things like Best Marxist Propaganda, Best Supporting Actor in the Racist Hate Campaign, Best Depiction of Christians as Crazy People, Best Promotion of Feminism, and so on.

Back