Will Our Pets Be Raptured With Us?

Rocky R.

The serpent did talk under the influence of Satan, but did all the other animals talk, before Adam and Eves sin? Thats nowhere to be found in the bible.
Genesis 3:1 says, "Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made."

That implies that other animals were also cunning, just not to the degree that the serpent was.

pixelpusher

I dunno. I don't see why the animals couldn't talk before the fall. Adam named all the animals, but none was found as a suitable partner for him. Eve wasn't astonished at the serpent speaking, and I think we have to take it literally. Having kept snakes, I can say they are VERY subtle, they can play the long game like the Devil, and they do go on their bellies and eat dust that sticks to their prey. But they can also go about seeking what they can devour. After the fall, God put the fear of Man into the animals. Things changed. Just because how we experience it today, doesn't mean that's how it's always been. I asked my dog flat out if she knew God, if she knew Jesus, and she just wagged her tail and grinned. So I dunno. In Revelation somewhere I think it says everyting in the earth and on the earth and under the earth will praise Him. I'm just trusting Him and hanging on to see what happens next.

MapleLeaf

Why do we have to get into fairy-tale speculations just because we also like to talk about the end times? The rest of Christendom already thinks us pre-millenialists are the kooky, stupid cousins. Animals talking?? There is zero reason to think that is real other than we think it would be really neat. Language requires sentience and then we are once again reduced to the order of animals and there is zero biblical support for that. We are made in God's image. Fido was not.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Why do we have to get into fairy-tale speculations just because we also like to talk about the end times? The rest of Christendom already thinks us pre-millenialists are the kooky, stupid cousins. Animals talking?? There is zero reason to think that is real other than we think it would be really neat. Language requires sentience and then we are once again reduced to the order of animals and there is zero biblical support for that. We are made in God's image. Fido was not.

Angels also aren't made in God's image as far as I can tell, and they can speak. Why not admit it might be within the realm of possibility? Plus, it's fun to speculate the good things heaven might include.

Mama Bug

Do your cats do that too? That is so aggravating. Chaos is screaming at me for food, I'm trying to get to his dish, but he keeps stepping in front of my feet and stopping. Why do they do that?
Mine are the worst. My guinea pigs do something similar. I go to put their food bowls in the cage and they're in the way so much I almost can't put the bowls in there. Scared I'm going to end up dropping the bowls and spilling food everywhere. The guinea pigs are spoiled little brats.