Will Our Pets Be Raptured With Us?

usoutpost31

I believe God created animals not just for his glory and pleasure but so we could enjoy them too. Human-animal relationships can be intense and hard to understand for those who don't share in it. Still, I wonder if the love we feel for them isn't us catching a glimpse of God's love and sharing in it. I believe it pleases the Lord to see us and his creation in right and proper relationship with each other.

Wherever we go in Heaven and whatever we are doing, we will never be separated from the presence of our Lord. I don't see anything that precludes animals, including our pets, still having a part in the plan of God, as a testament to his glory and majesty.

NCannie

I’ve always thought pets would be raptured because heaven is the things that bring us joy and that would include my dogs. Simple thinking but just hopeful. I do have to ask though; do you think they will be able to take themselves outside to go potty? Not that would be awesome!

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
I’ve always thought pets would be raptured because heaven is the things that bring us joy and that would include my dogs. Simple thinking but just hopeful. I do have to ask though; do you think they will be able to take themselves outside to go potty? Not that would be awesome!
Yes! There might not even be poops at all. Wouldn't that be heaven?

I like to think about this. When I can't sleep or I get anxious, I imagine myself walking to my home Jesus prepared for me, and I imagine the joy I feel upon getting home, with my little cottage surrounded by flowers and a forest. My blue Dutch door is open and there is a cow standing by the door chewing cud and some dogs sitting waiting for me to come home. Then I spend the afternoon painting outside in the sunshine and then Jesus comes over for some tea. :) If our imaginations can't even compare to what WILL be, I imagine it will be much, much, (eternally) more wonderful than even the most happy imagining.

Rocky Rivera

Of course God cares of His animal creatures. He set the example in creating Adam and giving him favor over all the creatures He had made. In the beginning, man was simply God's highly-favored pet! But now, after Christ, cross, and resurrection, we are His child and His bride. Perhaps in the Resurrection, after the Great White Throne judgment, animals may be given a bit of an upgrade and raised in the level of the creature scale as we were.

When God made Adam, He surrounded him with animals. When God saved Noah and his family from the Great Flood, He surrounded them with animals. When He instituted the Mosaic animal sacrificial system, He had it stocked with animals. When Jesus Christ was born into the world as a man, He was born in a stable -- surrounded by animals. When we return with Jesus Christ we will come back riding on animals. Therefore, when we are in the Millenium and eventually the eternal Heaven, we can definitely expect to be surrounded with all kinds of animals -- perhaps even new ones God will make!

Taking a page from Randy Alcorn's excellent book "Heaven" -- imagine Jurassic Park with all those wondrous creatures and absolute peace among all of them. Imagine plowing your fields with a triceratops, or an RV trailer hitch on top atop an ankylosaur. LOL...but you'd have to bring one heck of a "scooper" along with you to clean up the mess.

MapleLeaf

My kids are continuously saying they can't wait to get to heaven to ride some particularly dangerous animal. Today my daughter wanted to ride a cheetah. I am still skeptical that individual animals will be there as I don't think they will have souls. But I would be very sad if there weren't any animals at all. The Bible says God knows every sparrow that falls. He loves all His Creation even if we have a special and elevated place. When I was a child I had hoped my job in heaven would be to take care of the animals. I still would be OK with that job. I am a pet person and we have a cat. I just get uncomfortable with how attached some people get to their pets. My cat is not my baby, I am not her mommy. I did not give birth to that insane bundle of energy that is both fluffy and pointy.

Andy C

If they do go with us, and have a glorified body, opposing thumbs would be great. ;)

It is fun and interesting reading so many different thoughts on this topic.

Yes, pets are not people, but my dog is defenitly part of our family although my daughter does not like me referring to her as
Buddys sister:oops:

All we can do is speculate and hope for the best for our pets future.

alisani

My kids are continuously saying they can't wait to get to heaven to ride some particularly dangerous animal. Today my daughter wanted to ride a cheetah. I am still skeptical that individual animals will be there as I don't think they will have souls. But I would be very sad if there weren't any animals at all. The Bible says God knows every sparrow that falls. He loves all His Creation even if we have a special and elevated place. When I was a child I had hoped my job in heaven would be to take care of the animals. I still would be OK with that job. I am a pet person and we have a cat. I just get uncomfortable with how attached some people get to their pets. My cat is not my baby, I am not her mommy. I did not give birth to that insane bundle of energy that is both fluffy and pointy.
Pointy and fluffy! Yep!!

Patreesha

I've thought and prayed about this for a long time. I used to believe that if an animal had a name, they might go with us. My conclusion is this: Only the church will be raptured. God will put our pets to a gentle sleep. We will not worry about or miss them in heaven. The Millennial Kingdom will be full of animals who can talk and will live in peace with us and each other. I'm hoping to have a "relationship" with my white horse and a dolphin in my own little lagoon. Ultimately, I'm trusting God!

daygo

If they do go with us, and have a glorified body, opposing thumbs would be great. ;)

It is fun and interesting reading so many different thoughts on this topic.

Yes, pets are not people, but my dog is defenitly part of our family although my daughter does not like me referring to her as
Buddys sister:oops:

All we can do is speculate and hope for the best for our pets future.
Spot on Andy.

JStar

My thought is anything is possible with our Lord and Savior. Heaven will be a very special place of eternity, just the thought to praise and glorify my Redeemer for ever and more. With our present condition we can't even imagine what the Lord has prepared for us. King David had said in Psalms 139:6 Such knowledge is to wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot (attain) unto it. Praise God most high.....Amen and Amen!

AWillow

Peace that passes all understanding.
I don’t know about that they don’t sin - I see a lot of selfishness with my cats and the birds like the doves go to combat the others as they’re trying to eat food and my cat is selfish and does stuff to my other cat so it’s kind of funny but it’s hard to think of them as sinless but yes I would love for them to be raptured with us and I’d love to see some of my pets and pet sitting friends i made there- one in particular a white lab named Mischa. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
It's hard to think about, but the reality is that the severe judgements during the tribulation will make it very hard to survive, for all the animals. But then comes the millenium, so I just have to trust God.

Lovin Jesus

Of course God cares of His animal creatures. He set the example in creating Adam and giving him favor over all the creatures He had made. In the beginning, man was simply God's highly-favored pet! But now, after Christ, cross, and resurrection, we are His child and His bride. Perhaps in the Resurrection, after the Great White Throne judgment, animals may be given a bit of an upgrade and raised in the level of the creature scale as we were.

When God made Adam, He surrounded him with animals. When God saved Noah and his family from the Great Flood, He surrounded them with animals. When He instituted the Mosaic animal sacrificial system, He had it stocked with animals. When Jesus Christ was born into the world as a man, He was born in a stable -- surrounded by animals. When we return with Jesus Christ we will come back riding on animals. Therefore, when we are in the Millenium and eventually the eternal Heaven, we can definitely expect to be surrounded with all kinds of animals -- perhaps even new ones God will make!

Taking a page from Randy Alcorn's excellent book "Heaven" -- imagine Jurassic Park with all those wondrous creatures and absolute peace among all of them. Imagine plowing your fields with a triceratops, or an RV trailer hitch on top atop an ankylosaur. LOL...but you'd have to bring one heck of a "scooper" along with you to clean up the mess.
Why would God have used a humble and meek lamb, an animal, to represent Jesus? Just thinking.