Will Our Pets Be Raptured With Us?

castcrowns

My opinion will not be popular, but hear goes:

Firstly, we must remember what the purpose of the Rapture is.
It is the promise to the Church from the Kinsman Redeemer for Resurrection of the Redeemed.

Is Jesus Christ a Kinsman Redeemer to the animals?
Did Jesus Christ perform the Work of Redemption on the Cross for animals?

The answer to both questions is No.
He redeemed Humanity only, not angels and not animals.

Scripture does tell us that during the Tribulation, the Animal Kingdom will have an important role in the fulfillment of the Fourth Seal Judgment, and also the Supper of the Great God.

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans

It is the promise to the Church from the Kinsman Redeemer for Resurrection of the Redeemed.

Scripture does tell us that during the Tribulation, the Animal Kingdom will have an important role in the fulfillment of the Fourth Seal Judgment, and also the Supper of the Great God.
Mine wasn’t popular either, lol

alisani

All true of course. But just cuz you might ask what my plans are for today and I neglect to mention brushing my teeth or reading my newspaper doesn't mean those things aren't also on my agenda! ;) :hat

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Heaven will be full of people sad that their beloved pets didn't make it there. I think our Heavenly Father will make sure that our beloved pets will be there. That's just my opinion. I think it would be out of God's character to have us spend eternity in Heaven sad because our beloved pets didn't make it. That doesn't sound like Heaven to me. I think we are all worrying about it for nothing. We can trust that God will make everything the way it should be. And I think that includes pets. JMHO. :)

RobinB

Honestly, I’ve never understood the concern over this. I have a dog, and he is great, but I do not hold animals in the same regard that I do humans. That notwithstanding, I sincerely doubt our priorities will be anywhere near in Heaven what they are here on earth. I think the transformation will be so vast and so impactful, and we will understand so much of what we do not while here on earth, that we may not think of our pets at all. Maybe we will, but I just doubt it.

If we know there won't be marriage in Heaven, so we won't necessarily be with our human partners, I don't know that we would be with our pets either. :(

daygo

If we know there won't be marriage in Heaven, so we won't necessarily be with our human partners, I don't know that we would be with our pets either. :(
That's true, for me I'd hate to be in heaven knowing my dog could be starving and all shut up in the house pining for me and the wife, think I'd want to come back and at least take her to a neighbour or something with God's consent of course.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
That's true, for me I'd hate to be in heaven knowing my dog could be starving and all shut up in the house pining for me and the wife, think I'd want to come back and at least take her to a neighbour or something with God's consent of course.
Your dog is so cute. I think many people will be checking on neighbor's pets after the rapture. There are many animal lovers who will be left behind.

Andy C

Well, only time will tell, and lets hope our time left is coming to a rapid end.

No matter the final outcome, we will never be in need of anything in our eternal home.

I know what Im going to do, Im trusting in Him to make everything perfect.

Are we going in circles on this thread, the dog chasing its own tail........

Christopher64

So when we are raptured, I'll go first and ask the Lord if me playing a round of golf with my old doggie romping on the fairways can be considered worship. If i get the thumbs up (hopefully) , I'll let y'all know....

Accepted

I am not one of those people. Loving an animal and receiving love from an animal has nothing to do with whether or not we will be concerned about them in Heaven, nor will it necessarily translate into our pets joining us there. That’s my point.
For me, the main point is that I can’t bear to think of my two dogs being left, helpless, to slowly starve to death. I know I will be blissful in Heaven with or without my pets, but they are completely dependent on us, and can’t get to food or open the front door. So, I often ask the Lord to bring them with us, or if that’s not the way He chooses, to be sure and take care of them here.

castcrowns

The serpent did talk under the influence of Satan, but did all the other animals talk, before Adam and Eves sin? Thats nowhere to be found in the bible.
With all due respect...

Eve did not seem to be surprised that the serpent was capable of speech, and carried on a conversation with it.

Yes, Satan did indwell the serpent, but Eve was not concerned about their conversation.

Trust me, if a snake spoke to me...I would be screaming off into the woods!

cheeky200386

I love my dog and cat, but I also don't see scripture that confirms pets would be raptured. I fully trust heaven will be perfect in God's presence whether my pets are there or not. It's the same that I know it will be perfect even if our lost family members may not be there. It doesn't make sense to us now this side of heaven, but that's why Paul says we can't imagine what God has prepared for us. We just can't imagine it but we know it will be perfect and we will be happy.

Andy C

With all due respect...

Eve did not seem to be surprised that the serpent was capable of speech, and carried on a conversation with it.

Yes, Satan did indwell the serpent, but Eve was not concerned about their conversation.

Trust me, if a snake spoke to me...I would be screaming off into the woods!
Yes, I stand by what I stated - zero bibliical evidence the crittters talked.

I would be running for the hills if a snake spoke to me, or even a Biden supporter :biggrin2

Last edited:

fl2007rn

We truly don't know if our pets will be Raptured or not, but just in case I have a 1 gallon water dispenser and 2 bowls of their crunchies out at all times for my 2 dogs. That would get my pooches through a few days at least and maybe my house will be broken into by a Tribulation Saint looking for food. I have plenty of Bibles around so they will know that my husband and I have gone to Heaven.