Will nations have flags in the Millennium Kingdom?

Moonlight

Life Everlasting
I've heard that in the Millennial Kingdom of Jesus, that the world will still be sectioned into nations or groups of people that will represent themselves before Jesus on His Throne.

So do you think these nations might have flags like they do today? (Not that Jesus needs national flags to know who is who.)

Lovin Jesus

I've heard that in the Millennial Kingdom of Jesus, that the world will still be sectioned into nations or groups of people that will represent themselves before Jesus on His Throne.

So do you think these nations might have flags like they do today? (Not that Jesus needs national flags to know who is who.)

DanLMP

IMO there is nothing wrong or inherently bad about differences. There is nothing wrong or inherently bad about national or "racial" identity.

It has always been our perception of those differences that has been bad.

I see nothing wrong with flags that identify groups so long as the groups that they identify don't get a superiority complex and don't try to be stand offish.

I would prefer that we learn to celebrate our differences rather than homogenize all of us.

The only thing that we need to have in common is our love for Jesus and our love for each other.

Batman

Christ told Moses to set up camps in the wilderness with flags/symbols flying for 3, 3, 3, and 3 tribes in the front, back, side, and side of the tabernacle..............which appears to indicate how the 4 creatures sit in place around the Throne in Heaven. I see flags as a great thing and believe the nations will still identify individually during the Millennial Kingdom with personal flags, symbols, etc. as allowed by Christ. It will be exciting to see how the nations/peoples divide, how much land space vs ocean is available, and who lives where.

TheRedeemed

Interesting question indeed!

We don't know (thank goodness) what the beast system will do to nations as part of the world govt. However, if you want some idea of what is likely to be the case at the 2nd coming, look to the EU.

Last year they banned the use of national flags on the parliament seats that each nation sat in. In fact as final act of defiance, the UK's MEP's deliberately had Union flags at every seat they occupied. The president (an Irish woman of all countries) instructed them several times to remove them.

You can search for the video of that incident on YouTube, it's quite blood boiling to watch, especially if you're British.

I think all national flags will be banned under the devil's new world order as it will be a sign of non-compliance, perhaps there will be just one flag left by the time of the 2nd coming with a demon and world on it or something like that. Hopefully, there will just be one flag allowed in the Millennium Kingdom too, with a fish and cross symbol on it representing everything for the next 1,000 years.

Batfan7

Interesting discussion. Since the nation's and their boundaries are determined by God, and descriptions of the Millennium include references to nation's, I think it's clear they'll continue in some form. But they may not have the boundaries they do today. Will, for example, America stretch from sea to sea unbroken, or will native American tribes be given national boarders separately? Will ancient nations be revived? China be broken up into smaller kingdoms? I don't know the answer to these, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

And will resurrected people have national identities? Will I still consider myself an American? Perhaps my Millennium duties will be centered in this nation! Who knows. Obviously national boarders won't involve greed, prevent travel, or such, but probably deliniate boundaries of authority and possibly areas of cultural distinction. Differences are celebrated rather than used for sinful behaviors.

I'm really looking forward to it! I want to travel this revived world and see all the variety. So much fun!

Back