Will Heaven Be Boring?

Psalm37v4

Hated and laughed at by the world but loved by God
I don't think those are stupid questions at all!

I personally hope there are sports still.
I hope there's a bowling alley or 2 there. LOL I love bowling.
Maybe I can bowl better than I do now. :p
Did any of you ever see The Family Circus (comics), where in one strip (?) Billy thinks they're bowling in heaven when he hears thunderstorms. I thought of that a lot.

SarahRose

I hope there's a bowling alley or 2 there. LOL I love bowling.
Maybe I can bowl better than I do now. :p
Did any of you ever see The Family Circus (comics), where in one strip (?) Billy thinks they're bowling in heaven when he hears thunderstorms. I thought of that a lot.
Now that would be fun!

I haven’t seen that but I’m sure the next time I hear thunder I’ll think of bowling :lol

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
If we could understand just how full our joy will be,

maybe we could get an inkling of how long it will take to express that joy.

As transformed citizens of a new Heaven and Earth - in the very presence of Christ, can we even grasp the joy of Praising my Savior all the day long...

We will have plenty to do, and those who struggle with that though are only limited by the flesh we must abide in for now.
But what a surprise awaits all the faithful.

Rejoice! And again I say Rejoice!

RedRx

I’m assuming there will be a RR breakfast club where everyone meets to discuss a variety of interesting topics. Ironically, we won’t even have to talk about the Rapture.

Part of my fascination with NDEs and listening to those testimonies is wondering if those people really saw a glimpse of heaven. The amazing colors, forests with no dead trees, and other amazing sites are wonderful to hear.

I think just getting to see Jesus and be with God would rule out boring. I’m also wondering about all of the people I could get to meet. I’m also hoping for the chance to learn new things and study history. The possibilities are endless.

Just thanking God for all the blessings I’ve had in my life will take some time. It will be great to be without pain or stress or regrets. I’d characterize heaven as a lot of things but boring is certainly not on the list.

Len

Heaven in my mind equates to paradise on earth, somewhere God would call very good, where there was a plethora of animal and plant varities as the OP said ..... the first two humans were meant to "enjoy" caring for it all and the crowning joy was personal visits and communion with God for all eternity.....

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
This is a bit of a random off topic question but i wonder if the people in paradise before Jesus died were able to see or hear the people that were in the torment side of Sheol ?

The thought came up because i recently read the parable where it says that the rich man saw Abaraham from afar and cried out to him for relief from his torture ?

RedRx

I have a wish list of things I want to have the opportunity to do in heaven. Not sure if I will get to do them or not but I don’t anticipate boredom being an issue. Just being with the Lord will prevent boredom from being a possibility.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Whenever my thoughts take me to that moment in my life when I was saved, emotion wells up inside me. That was decades ago. It never gets old but is always new. Perhaps in heaven nothing will ever get old and boring but will always be fresh and good.

Back