Will An Economic Pearl Harbor Destroy America?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Will An Economic Pearl Harbor Destroy America?
By Britt Gillette

On December 7, 1941, Japan caught America by surprise when it attacked the U.S. naval base in Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, Hawaii. Japan sought to destroy the U.S. Pacific Fleet. Fortunately, that attack didn’t destroy the United States. But the future may not be so kind. Why? Because the U.S. is setting itself up for a modern day Pearl Harbor – one from which it will never recover. And it won’t be the result of a military strike. It will be the result of an economic one. To understand what’s coming (this attack is already underway), we need to understand our history.

The Bretton Woods System​

In 1944, the Bretton Woods Agreement established the financial rules and monetary system governing western nations. The system required participating nations to guarantee convertibility of their currencies into U.S. dollars at a fixed rate with the dollar convertible to gold by foreign governments. This essentially put the world on a type of gold standard via the U.S. dollar.

This system served the world well until the late-1960’s, when it became clear the United States was printing dollars without the gold needed to back up those dollars. Out-of-control government spending via a host of new government social programs and the war in Vietnam threatened to deplete U.S. gold stockpiles. So on August 15, 1971, President Nixon “temporarily” closed the gold window (it’s never been reopened) – terminating the convertibility of dollars into gold. This made the dollar a fiat currency, meaning it wasn’t backed by anything of value. To prevent runaway inflation, the United States brokered a deal with Saudi Arabia which effectively set up a new world monetary system.

The Petro-Dollar System​

Following the 1973 Yom Kippur War, the United States found itself the target of an OPEC oil embargo as a result of the military aid it provided to Israel. Oil prices quadrupled. With the dollar no longer tied to gold, inflation soared as the U.S. continued to run annual budget deficits. Facing these headwinds, in 1974 the U.S. brokered a deal with Saudi Arabia to stabilize the dollar. The U.S. agreed to buy oil from Saudi Arabia and defend the kingdom militarily, while also providing military aid and equipment. In return, Saudi Arabia (and the rest of OPEC) agreed to sell oil only in U.S. dollars and use those dollars to buy U.S. debt, effectively supporting both the dollar and U.S. deficit spending.

For nearly five decades, the U.S.-Saudi relationship held up well. The United States successfully defended Saudi Arabia in Operation Desert Shield in 1990-1991, and Saudi Arabia continued to sell oil in dollars. But in recent years, the U.S.-Saudi relationship has started to fray, and over the past 18 months, it’s all but fallen apart. That means the days are numbered for what remains of the petro-dollar system.

A Critical Turning Point: August 2021​

Exactly fifty years to the day from when Nixon closed the gold window, the Taliban entered Kabul and the Afghan president fled the country. In hindsight, this event struck a fatal blow to the petro-dollar system. The petro-dollar is still alive, but it won’t last much longer. Why?

The U.S. abandoned its allies. It left Americans behind enemy lines and allowed those who assisted America to fall into the tortuous hands of the Taliban. In the face of such a betrayal, is it any surprise Saudi Arabia might begin to question U.S. commitment to its security? The U.S. showed itself to be an unreliable partner. Russia was quick to capitalize. Unnoticed by many in the western media, Russia brokered its own security deal with Saudi Arabia, undermining the petro-dollar and threatening its future.

The Russian Invasion of Ukraine​

Fast forward to February 2022. Russia invaded Ukraine. In response, the U.S. and its allies imposed sanctions on Russia, froze Russian assets, and kicked Russian banks out of the international financial messaging system, SWIFT. This served as a major wake-up call to the nations of the world. Just as America’s abandonment of Afghanistan made every nation question America’s commitment to its allies, U.S. actions against Russia made the nations of the world realize what would happen if they ended up on America’s “bad list.” They now understand the risk of holding too many U.S. treasuries or of being too reliant on an international financial system dominated by the U.S. dollar. The result? These nations are now willing to explore (if not actively seek) an alternative to the dollar.

BRICS​

In 2006, Brazil, Russia, India, and China (the BRIC nations) held the first BRIC Summit. The goal was to increase cooperation and explore opportunities for economic growth between these growing nations. In 2010, South Africa joined, and the coalition took on the moniker BRICS. Since then, BRICS has worked to create an alternative to the SWIFT payment system as well as a commodity-backed currency to challenge the U.S. dollar. As 2022 draws to a close, a host of additional nations have expressed interest in joining the BRICS coalition. Among them are some of the most important producers of oil and natural gas – Nigeria, Iran, Argentina, Algeria, Kazakhstan, and Indonesia. The latest nation to express interest? Saudi Arabia.

The Coming Destruction of the U.S. Dollar​

If BRICS creates its own commodity-backed currency as an alternative to the U.S. dollar, and all the nations expressing interest join BRICS, it will destroy the dollar. Those nations represent over 50% of the world’s population and an even larger share of the world’s commodity production. If oil starts trading in other currencies… If the dollar loses its reserve currency status… If international trade is conducted in fewer and fewer dollars – meaning demand for dollars drops while supply remains the same – then a flood of dollars will return to the United States. This will cause massive inflation, a collapse in confidence in the U.S. dollar, and major destruction throughout the American economy. Interest rates will skyrocket, and the four pillars of American wealth – stocks, bonds, dollars, and real estate – will collapse in real terms. The U.S. will no longer be the world’s financial center. Its power will erode significantly.

CBCDs​

Then what? Once the petro-dollar ends, and the dollar experiences massive inflation or even hyperinflation, a new monetary system will have to take its place. Will it be the new BRICS currency or something else? We don’t know for sure. But in all likelihood, it will be built on blockchain. Many believe if BRICS creates a new commodity-backed currency, that currency won’t be convertible into the underlying commodity. Instead, the commodities will be pledged and anchored to the new currency via blockchain technology. Meanwhile, central banks openly discuss their plans to replace today’s national currencies with central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). Either way, a “great reset” is coming to the global financial system, and digital currencies will take over. When they do, government will wield unprecedented power. With such power, not only will government be able to track everything you buy or sell, it will be able to kick you out of the economic system – just as the Bible says.

What’s Coming to the World​

When government-sponsored cryptocurrencies replace paper currencies, individual freedom and liberty will disappear. Governments will be able to “turn off” your cryptocurrency or reprogram it to determine how you can use it. For instance, if your social credit score isn’t high enough, they can reprogram the currency in your account to only work within five miles of your home or limit it to the purchase of specific “pre-approved” items. Ultimately, if you do something the government doesn’t approve of, they’ll be able to shut down your ability to buy and sell all together. The Canadian government already showed its willingness to do this when it cut off financial access to anyone who supported the Canadian trucker protest.

The Bible says this is precisely what will happen in the end times. The Antichrist will establish a global system of commerce. His system will play a part in every economic transaction on earth. It will be so dominant, no one will be able to buy or sell anything without the Antichrist’s approval (Revelation 13:17). Does this sound like something far off in the future? It’s not. It’s fast approaching. We see the foundations of the Antichrist’s economic system coming into place today. The U.S. dollar will soon lose its status as the world’s reserve currency, and the world will be one step closer to the mark of the beast system.

It’s yet another sign we live in the season of the Lord’s return. We just experienced a global pandemic (Luke 21:11). A global famine is on the horizon (Matthew 24:7). Israel is back in the land (Jeremiah 23:7-8). The Jewish people are back in Jerusalem (Luke 21:24-28). And the Gospel is being preached throughout the world (Matthew 24:14). Make no mistake. The tribulation, the Antichrist, and global government are part of the world’s immediate future. But don’t despair, this also means the return of Jesus is part of our immediate future (Revelation 22:20). And His is an everlasting kingdom (Daniel 2:44) with no more death or crying or pain (Revelation 21:4). So keep your eyes fixed on Him!

Britt Gillette is the founder of End Times Bible Prophecy and the author of Coming To Jesus and Signs Of The Second Coming. Receive his book 7 Signs of the End Times for FREE when you sign up for his monthly newsletter.

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/will-an-economic-pearl-harbor-destroy-america/

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
And just when you think you have it figured out, satan blindsides everyone. Even the elect - if it were possible.

It is interesting times we live in without a doubt.

I suspect all this structure will survive a major war on the horizon. The haves do not loose their grip willingly.

And in the chaos of recovery, a dynamic leader will arise.

athenasius

God is in control. The timing of everything is in His hands. It's a lot like being on a rollercoaster ride. You know with your head all is well, it's safe, and you can trust the ride operator to a degree but your heart and body react with fear and amazement. I trust God completely, unlike a roller coaster operator but the dizzying sensation of the last few years has me wondering when the next shoe will drop and it's like facing the scary bits on the roller coaster. :eek2

soundingthealarm

God is in control. The timing of everything is in His hands. It's a lot like being on a rollercoaster ride. You know with your head all is well, it's safe, and you can trust the ride operator to a degree but your heart and body react with fear and amazement. I trust God completely, unlike a roller coaster operator but the dizzying sensation of the last few years has me wondering when the next shoe will drop and it's like facing the scary bits on the roller coaster. :eek2
Great analogy lol I have post a notes with Bible PROMISES all over my desk cause it seems minute by minute almost something pops up to cause me to be tempted to "think not"

Nuclear War is more on the table than it's ever been in my life time
talk of a monetary depression in the largest scale ever GLOBALLY
Inflation seems to have taken a steroids shot
Diesel shortage talk
Violence off the charts
Transitioning KIDS
Abortion on Demand EVEN IF THE BABY SURVIVES

I want OFF this roller coaster lolol I know ALL of God's promises are yes and amen and HE said if we evil parents give good gifts to our kids, how much more will He give good gifts ....WELL ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS FATHER IS FOR YOU TO SEND JESUS to CALL US UP TO SIT BY YOUR TREE!!!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Great analogy lol I have post a notes with Bible PROMISES all over my desk cause it seems minute by minute almost something pops up to cause me to be tempted to "think not"

Nuclear War is more on the table than it's ever been in my life time
talk of a monetary depression in the largest scale ever GLOBALLY
Inflation seems to have taken a steroids shot
Diesel shortage talk
Violence off the charts
Transitioning KIDS
Abortion on Demand EVEN IF THE BABY SURVIVES

I want OFF this roller coaster lolol I know ALL of God's promises are yes and amen and HE said if we evil parents give good gifts to our kids, how much more will He give good gifts ....WELL ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS FATHER IS FOR YOU TO SEND JESUS to CALL US UP TO SIT BY YOUR TREE!!!
Speaking of "transitioning kids" there's videos on youtube where Charlie Kirk has a Q& A segment with woke kids about the trans movement and he does a great job of shutting them down but also doing it in a polite way

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Speaking of "transitioning kids" there's videos on youtube where Charlie Kirk has a Q& A segment with woke kids about the trans movement and he does a great job of shutting them down but also doing it in a polite way
Charlie Kirk is very intelligent.
A very well read individual with a great memory.
He is definitely a threat to the left and their agenda.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
An economic pearl harbor that destroys the USA from within would effect many other countries. Dont tell TT, but this could be one slightly plausible reason why the church would still be here when the OWG forms. o_O

Don't need a reason beyond that the Bible tells us the OWG will come into being and even be divided into 10 kingdoms before the anti-christ is revealed. Therefore the Church may will see one or both of those developments, or not. I don't really care how it goes down. What's important is that people aren't led to believe a timeline that may not be supported Biblically.

cheeky200386

Don't need a reason beyond that the Bible tells us the OWG will come into being and even be divided into 10 kingdoms before the anti-christ is revealed. Therefore the Church may will see one or both of those developments, or not. I don't really care how it goes down. What's important is that people aren't led to believe a timeline that may not be supported Biblically.
I agree. I do wish we could be raptured today!

GHoe

That is something I would like to study more (God's promises to his children), I really think it would help me build my faith. Maybe there is a published list of them but I'm guessing it won't be that easy.

Andy C

An open letter in response to the above post by Mr Alaska

Again, I say again Mr TT, just so you HEAR me, I never said its a fact. Andy Woods, Jack Kelley, Pete Garcia, Jan Markell, and just about every other end times teacher I listen to, believes the church will be gone before the OWG is fully formed. Like me, they also state its their opinion, but it is based on the limited info the bible provides on the timing of the formation of the OWG.

I dont know why you feel the need to always post a disclaimer when I post my views/opinions.

Just so you understand, the post I made about a slight possiblity of the church still being here, and I used the really small font, that was me trying to be humorous about a subject we disagree on, which other members laughed at.

Relax, chill, lets enjoy these end times together, and when the call comes from Him to come Home, all the way up, Im going to tell you “ninny ninny booboo, we departed before the OWG”……..(this is humor)…

Your friendly (most of the time) brother in Christ

Andy

Last edited:

ChildofLight

I’m waiting for the long drop then going through the tunnel and seeing His glorious light at the end.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
History repeats.

One of my thoughts about rapture timing is that over the centuries, The Church had someplace to run to or hide.

There is soon to be a day where make believe Christians have soured the very word to the point of being hated,
and those who continue to believe, self discipline, and strive to love their families and neighbors will be deemed so toxic to society,
they will be gathered or exiled.

But there is no where else to go. Antarctica hasn't thawed yet.
Some may survive as farmers for a while, but only until it is convenient to sweep them up and replace them.

The plot follows the theme of the Warsaw ghettos.

Some may conjure some story of fighting for truth, but against any kind of military, the battle will be brief.
The desperation of the end-times will be crushing. If not suffering persecution, they will experience the Holy judgments raining down.

However Scripture paints a picture where the Bride is absent.

But examining the past, we see many died for their faith and experienced such brutality, which continues in many places.
In some places such apocalyptical-like torment doesn't seem much worse.

In the past, there was a place to run to. It could be very difficult, but many could escape.

Now there is no where else to go but... up... into the clouds.

How bad can it get? Very bad.

But we are given Hope. Christ will return to the skies and claim His Bride. Then He will come to earth and claim His throne.

We are to believe and persevere with this hope, this promise, always in our hearts.

Andy C

An open letter in response to the above post by Mr Alaska

Again, I say again Mr TT, just so you HEAR me, I never said its a fact. Andy Woods, Jack Kelley, Pete Garcia, Jan Markell, and just about every other end times teacher I listen to, believes the church will be gone before the OWG is fully formed. Like me, they also state its their opinion, but it is based on the limited info the bible provides on the timing of the formation of the OWG.

I dont know why you feel the need to always post a disclaimer when I post my views/opinions.

Just so you understand, the post I made about a slight possiblity of the church still being here, and I used the really small font, that was me trying to be humorous about a subject we disagree on, which other members laughed at.

Relax, chill, lets enjoy these end times together, and when the call comes from Him to come Home, all the way up, Im going to tell you “ninny ninny booboo, we departed before the OWG”……..(this is humor)…

Your friendly (most of the time) brother in Christ

Andy
No response yet from TT. Now Im fearful of opening my mailbox and a giant boxing glove will spring out and punch my face…. :oops:

Back