Wild Road to the World Series; 2018 MLB Playoffs!

Discussion in 'The Sporting Dugout' started by ehbowen, Sep 30, 2018.

Who will win the 2018 World Series?

This poll will close on Oct 31, 2018 at 4:05 AM.
  1. Astros!

28.6%
  2. Athletics ('A's)!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Braves!

14.3%
  4. Brewers!

14.3%
  5. Cubs!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dodgers!

28.6%
  7. Indians!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Red Sox!

14.3%
  9. Rockies!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Yankees!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ehbowen

ehbowen Well-Known Member

While the brackets still remain to be finalized, the ten teams for this year's postseason are now known! So, step up to the plate and tell us your pick for this year's World Series championship team!

Between each round of the playoffs I intend to post the current running total of where the votes stand. You CAN change your vote in this poll, so if your favorite drops out, feel free to pick a new standard bearer. And may the best team win...as long as it's the Astros!

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Long time Braves fan here. I'm glad to see them back in the playoffs after 4 years of not making it. Go Braves! :yay

3. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

I want to apologize upfront for the whooping my Dodgers will inflict upon the Braves.:imsorry

SonSeeker likes this.
  4. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I voted for the Dodgers because that's the team I grew up with... but they won't win. No matter how strong their team, they always blow it in the end, at least in recent history... and they seem to be struggling this year anyways... they made the play-offs by the skin of their teeth.

Andy C likes this.
  5. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Key words “made the playoffs”. I think making it to game 7 last year has finally allowed them to believe they can win. They had lots of injuries this year, but are healthy now. However, Boston or my other favorite team, the Yankees, will be tough for anyone to beat.

Tall Timbers likes this.
  6. ehbowen

With the Wild Card games over, the Cubs and the Athletics have been eliminated from contention. There are now eight teams vying for that one championship spot!

Current vote totals are:
    • Astros: 1
    • Athletics: 0
    • Braves: 1
    • Brewers: 0
    • Cubs: 0
    • Dodgers: 2
    • Indians: 0
    • Red Sox: 1
    • Rockies: 0
    • Yankees: 0
    Best of luck to all the teams still in the chase...any one of them would be deserving!

Andy C likes this.
  7. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

Since the D'Backs fell apart in the stretch, I'll go with the Braves!:thumbup
    Or maybe the Brewers!:noidea2 I just don't know.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Andy C likes this.
  8. John Romans

John Romans Well-Known Member

Go Braves!

Andy C likes this.
  9. ehbowen

And they went....

(Sorry!)

Andy C and SonSeeker like this.
  10. ehbowen

We're down to baseball's Final Four; the League Championship Series matchups are set! In the American League, the defending champion Astros take on the 107-win Red Sox in a repeat of last years' ALDS (and I'm hoping the outcome will be similar!). In the National League, the Brewers are matched up against the Dodgers. Best of seven takes the pennant!

The current vote totals are:
    • Astros: 1
    • Athletics: 0
    • Braves: 2
    • Brewers: 0
    • Cubs: 0
    • Dodgers: 2
    • Indians: 0
    • Red Sox: 1
    • Rockies: 0
    • Yankees: 0

On towards the World Series!

Andy C and Almost Heaven like this.
  11. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Go Dodgers.

Tall Timbers likes this.
  12. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

Just want to say I did change my vote to the Brewers a few days ago, but the poll hasn't changed. As I type this, the series is tied 1-1. Just wanted to go on record before they clean the Dodger's clock!:D

Andy C likes this.
  13. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

:chatter
    Apparently, while cleaning their clock, they missed several spots and the Dodgers are now up 3-2, ONE win away from a second staright year in the World Series!:chatter
    :darth:calvin:mousedance

SonSeeker and Tall Timbers like this.
  14. ehbowen

They have done well so far...better than my team...but there's many a slip 'twixt the lip and the cup....

SonSeeker, Tall Timbers and Andy C like this.
  15. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Dodgers so far. Guess they've got one more game with the Brewers and then they'll get a little rest... :sling

Andy C likes this.
  16. ehbowen

Congratulations to the AL champion Boston Red Sox. I didn't think they could beat us four in a row, but they did. Best of luck in the Series.

Andy C likes this.
  17. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

My Dodgers lost last night, so game 7 will be great tonight. I hope my players bring their big bats.
    I regret I wont be able to watch the game tonight, but were taking our daughter and granddaughter to a halloween event tonight in a local park. Sports are good entertainment, but family comes first. 15 years ago, I would've had a different set of priorities, but thank God Im a new man!