Wife of Israeli citizen denied citizenship due to faith in Jesus

Discussion in 'Christian Citizens' started by Tall Timbers, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

According to Israeli law, a foreign spouse of an Israeli citizen will automatically be granted citizenship if their partner is Israeli (Israeli Nationality Law of 1952.)

That is, at least in theory, regardless of their religious views:

“Israel will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitant irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture” (The Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel \ 14.5.1948)

However, because the Ministry of Interior is under the control of Orthodox religious Jews who have great disdain for followers of Jesus, these rights are regularly withheld. This leaves Jewish believers in Jesus in a predicament where they must spend tens of thousands on lawsuits to take the matter to the court system, simply to receive what was rightfully theirs in the first place.

https://kehilanews.com/2018/09/22/wife-of-israeli-citizen-denied-citizenship-due-to-faith-in-jesus/

Last week, the Ministry of Interior invited the Stutz family to come and finally receive the Israeli identification documentation for his wife. Excited, the Stutz family went to the Ministry of Interior, only to find out that once again, their request had been rejected, and no reason was given.

Humiliated and exhausted from fighting, the Stutz family have no other choice but to uproot their kids from their lives and to leave Israel and go back to Poland – the country where Jews had to escape for their lives from only some years ago.

Chris likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This is shameful and this is a form of persecution. The religious leaders will get theirs in the end for this behavior and it won't be a happy ending. :sad

ShilohRose, chaser, SonSeeker and 2 others like this.
  3. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

Religious leaders choosing to stick to their religion and tradition rather than choose to follow the real Messiah, no different than in Jesus day, and if they do not repent it will be bad for them.

mattfivefour, ShilohRose and Chris like this.
  4. HeIsRisen

HeIsRisen Well-Known Member

To be honest, this is exactly why I don't really desire to go to Israel. I have a friend in Israel, and he believes in Christ, even though he is Israeli and was Jewish. He goes through all sorts of drama, even as a citizen, because he tells me, the Israeli people are very condemning of Christians. Until they realize and understand the error of their thinking, I don't want to be subjected to their sentiments about Christians.....and going there to see where Christ was, at this place or that, is somewhat like putting a target on myself, because they don't, at this time, feel the same about Christ that I do.
    Dont get me wrong, I love my brothers and sisters, and we are family, but sometimes, family sees things so differently as to cause it's members to think less is sometimes more.

mattfivefour and ShilohRose like this.