Why Study Prophecy?

Thank you for your suggestions, DanLMP...I have read a lot of studies and articles written by Jack Kelley & visit the gracethrufaith site often. I don't anticipate the difficulty of understanding Revelation will be what causes our class to take so long to get through it. However, my tendency to get overly excited and hyper-focused on topics that really hold my interest will be the reason we'll need so much more time to get through it lol.

That must have been such a fun, rewarding experience.

And to the "butterflies" feeling, I'm getting that more frequently these days. Every day we're getting closer. How close? Not sure. But I do hope it is within our lifetimes!
I know there has been a lot of "date-setting" over the years so I don't make it a practice of mine, but seeing all these signs converging so rapidly and intensely, it really feels like it could be sooner rather than later!

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
I found it! Ray Boltz...I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb... the video brings tears!! It starts out with him talking to his son... wow
I used to love Ray Boltz’s music, had many of his CDs, even saw him in concert and it was awesome. It broke my heart when he came out of the closet as a homosexual male and moved in with his boyfriend.

I felt sad for his wife and kids, and I threw his CDs in the trash. I just couldn’t get a mental picture of the devastation to his family and witness out of my mind.

I don’t remember exactly what started my fascination with Biblical prophecy. I always liked Hal Lindsay, and Jack Van Impe and used to watch their shows regularly.

I began my own Bible study of prophecy because reading Revelation as a child scared me. I began to seek writings of solid prophecy teachers such as Grant Jeffries, I miss him and his writings.

After in depth studies and the Bible proving to me time again it’s 100% accuracy, I studied deeper. There are keys to understanding the New Testament prophecies and many of those are found in the Old Testament. Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Habbakuh many of their prophecies lead to understanding End Time prophecies.

The words of Jesus himself in Matthew 24. Many prophecies in the New Testament lead to a better understanding of Revelation.

Revelation is still a mystery to me even as I understand it more. I ask a question to everyone I speak to about the Bible, Bible literacy and prophecies. If you read a book and you understand everything in that book, Do you read it again? Books I read that I completely understand don’t get read again.

My 84 year old grandmother read her Bible everyday. She always told me, son if you ever get too old to learn it’s time to die. She was one of the wisest women I ever knew when it came to scripture. I could ask her where a scripture was that I’d remembered but not the book. She would tell me what book, chapter and usually verse numbers.

I had two favorite pastor mentor friends whom I could call at any time, they both passed from Covid complications last year.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
A quick reminder of the forum rules is due here:

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/board-rules-and-guidelines-for-posting.188752/

[35] Please do not promote books, DVD, movies, etc. that are for commercial purposes. This is not a bookstore and we do not endorse making the forums a marketplace. No links to Amazon, B&N, etc. to purchase things. We can not and will not be a marketplace. Remember how Jesus felt about people turning his Father's house into a marketplace.

We've had too many cases where people mentioned this or that book they were reading and it turned out to be a bad book with false teachings in them. So, please refrain from mentioning books, CDs, videos, etc. on the forums.

Thank you for understanding.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Just as soon as I wrote what I did above....that my prophecy study is mostly passive now.....I suddenly have a fire under my butt to do a thorough review of Daniel. So I guess that's what I will be doing for a while, with the Footsteps book at the ready :) I love it when the Lord prompts and gives that desire to study something.

Maybe it's because we will be seeing some more "gelling" of Daniel events very shortly.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I agree totally. Seems like a lot of stage-setting is happening rather quickly!
Yes, it's sort of like watching a movie trailer, just a brief look at a few scenes to give us a general idea of what is coming 'full force' in the future. So thankful that the body of Christ will not be on earth for the first scene of the tribulation.
Though, tbh, I'd love to see the two witnesses who will preach the gospel on the streets of Jerusalem just before we go. Of course, that's not the order of things to come. Right now, the church is God's witnesses on the earth. When we're taken up to meet Jesus in the air, there will then be a need for other witnesses. God describes it very clearly how He has a plan already in place. :nod

daygo

I used to love Ray Boltz’s music, had many of his CDs, even saw him in concert and it was awesome. It broke my heart when he came out of the closet as a homosexual male and moved in with his boyfriend.

I felt sad for his wife and kids, and I threw his CDs in the trash. I just couldn’t get a mental picture of the devastation to his family and witness out of my mind.

I don’t remember exactly what started my fascination with Biblical prophecy. I always liked Hal Lindsay, and Jack Van Impe and used to watch their shows regularly.

I began my own Bible study of prophecy because reading Revelation as a child scared me. I began to seek writings of solid prophecy teachers such as Grant Jeffries, I miss him and his writings.

After in depth studies and the Bible proving to me time again it’s 100% accuracy, I studied deeper. There are keys to understanding the New Testament prophecies and many of those are found in the Old Testament. Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Habbakuh many of their prophecies lead to understanding End Time prophecies.

The words of Jesus himself in Matthew 24. Many prophecies in the New Testament lead to a better understanding of Revelation.

Revelation is still a mystery to me even as I understand it more. I ask a question to everyone I speak to about the Bible, Bible literacy and prophecies. If you read a book and you understand everything in that book, Do you read it again? Books I read that I completely understand don’t get read again.

My 84 year old grandmother read her Bible everyday. She always told me, son if you ever get too old to learn it’s time to die. She was one of the wisest women I ever knew when it came to scripture. I could ask her where a scripture was that I’d remembered but not the book. She would tell me what book, chapter and usually verse numbers.

I had two favorite pastor mentor friends whom I could call at any time, they both passed from Covid complications last year.
Nice one.