Why so much pain?

I need some encouragement. My son was born with spina bifida. We received news today that he will soon need a bladder augmentation. I have such a hard time with children who have pain and health issues. God has a plan but I certainly do not understand. I am thankful for my son's joy and someday he will be made whole with a new body. We are all looking forward to that great and wonderful day! Many blessings to you until His glorious appearing!

Sowen

I’m praying for your son, you, and your family. God bless you all. :hug

16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. 17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, 18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NASB

Jeff K

It's sometimes hard for us to see, but I believe God puts us in situations where our faith in Him and the finished work of His Son Jesus Christ, becomes a great light for others to see the power of Him through us.

I can't imagine what you are going through. My prayer is that you keep your focus on and trust in our Sovereign God, knowing that He truly has everything under control. Let your light shine in this dark world - we know what lies ahead!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
It's sometimes hard for us to see, but I believe God puts us in situations where our faith in Him and the finished work of His Son Jesus Christ, becomes a great light for others to see the power of Him through us.
:thumbup
I can't imagine what you are going through. My prayer is that you keep your focus on and trust in our Sovereign God, knowing that He truly has everything under control. Let your light shine in this dark world - we know what lies ahead!
Amen!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I am thankful for my son's joy and someday he will be made whole with a new body. We are all looking forward to that great and wonderful day!
This is a wonderful blessing in the midst of what's going on right now. :nod

It is so tough to watch our kids struggle, but it's the struggle that brings growth. And, just as you love your child and yearn for the very best for your child so too does God for your child and for you and for others through who your child and you may impact through this situation. :)

When one doesn't see clearly what God is doing it can be hard to continue to trust God, but it's so worth trusting God and I love your response and attitude in the midst of this situation. Continue to choose to trust God, I think you are right that there is a plan, most likely beyond what you could imagine.

I've been reading in 2 Sam 7 and am struck at how God said no to King David's plan and instead blessed David in sharing God's different plan which was far greater and more impactful than David could imagine. And, in response David rejoices in God's no and praises God for His different yes. A better yes, a best yes, for David, his son, his lineage and ultimately for the world. In it all, this no and yes to God's blessing gave glory to God.

So, there's a yes to the best in your life. It will be a blessing and it will give God glory. :)

:pray ing for you and your family. Keep looking up to see what God is working in your life.

Judy4Jesus

I’m praying for your son, you, and your family. God bless you all. :hug

16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. 17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, 18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NASB
AMEN!!

Thank you so much. My son's name is James. He has surgery in St Paul MN tomorrow morning. It is a minor surgery to buy time before the big augmentation. So much going on. God is in control. God uses challenges for His glory and our growth but it is hard to watch when it involves my innocent son. I guess that is a little taste of what God the father felt when Jesus was on the cross.... so hard.