Why doesn't the USA help Israel in the Gog/Magog War?

InsuranceGuy

There is a big difference between I suspect or surmise which means to to believe to be guilty on little or no evidence.

I could do something like that if I wished but I did not.

One of the most prolific prophecy writers, J Dwight Pentecost, has presented the scenario of a mid tribulation invasion of Israel.

All other invasions have been discounted as far as different times for that invasion to have taken place, the different reasons being presented in his book "Things to Come" which I have presented a few posts up.

Ezekiel 38and 39will be fulfilled in the middle of the tribulation period. Such a view would lead us to this chronology of events, briefly stated: (1) Israel makes a false covenant with the Beast and occupies her land in a false security (Dan 9:27; Ezek 38:8, 11). (2) Because of a desire for spoil at the expense oi an easy prey, the king of the north, satanically motivated, invades Palestine (Ezek 38:11; Joel 2:1–21; Isa 10:12; 30:31–33; 31:8–9). (3) The Beast breaks his covenant with Israel and moves into the land (Dan 11:41–45). (4) The king of the north is destroyed on the mountains of Israel (Ezek 39:1–4). (5) The land of Palestine is occupied by the armies of the Beast (Dan 11:45). (6) At this time the great coalition of nations takes place that forms one government under the Beast (Ps 2:1–3; Rev 13:7). (7) The kings of the East are brought in against the armies of the Beast (Rev 16:12), evidently as a result of the dissolution of the government of Gog. (8) When the nations of the earth are gathered together around Jerusalem (Zech 14:1–3) and the Valley of Jehoshaphat (Joel 3:2), the Lord returns to destroy all Gentile world powers so that He might rule the nations Himself. This is further described in Zechariah 12:1–9; 14:1–4; Isaiah 33:1—34:17; 63:1–6; 66:15–16; Jeremiah 25:27–33; Revelation 20:7–10.

So the problem presents itself, why doesn't America provide Israel help.

Jeremiah 50 and 51 along with Revelation 18 provide the answers.

If you think that it does not matter, then the warning to God's chosen people to come out of Babylon has no validity.
I'll disagree with this one too. Since when have "all other invasions been discounted as far as different times for that invasion to have taken place"? They have not been. A quick Google search on the topic will show you this. I think, as the Bible states, certain things were sealed up until the time of the end. We're nearing that time and have much better biblical understanding of what to expect.

We'll agree to disagree. It's not a salvation issue, so no use harping on it. For one Dwight Pentecost book you can show that says America is Babylon, there are literally hundreds by just as reputable Authors arguing it most certainly cannot be. I have read his views. They are old, outdated and have been more than repudiated on this topic. Remember, as great as he may have been, only one perfect person has walked this Earth. He was simply incorrect in his thoughts and I'll take the side of the 100's of other Authors, most just as reputable, at their word.

Lynn

For one Dwight Pentecost book you can show that says America is Babylon, there are literally hundreds by just as reputable Authors arguing it most certainly cannot be.
Amen! When God's Word says 'Babylon' He means Babylon, no matter what some commentator says. A great sermon on this very topic was preached by Andy Woods at his church just this last Sunday, Sept 15. slbc.org
Revelation & Babylon, Part 1. Can't wait to hear Part 2 next week. This sermon will blow all other theories about Babylon right out of the water. :thumbup

kathymendel

Sorry, InsuranceGuy............... I did misread your post. I was speaking about Christians and conservative right people starting a rallying cry.
It just doesn't happen anymore............at least, very few people really take a public stand on the evil stands of the liberals. I apologize for reading your post too quickly and not letting your words sink into to my dense brain.

Ohioan

Amen! When God's Word says 'Babylon' He means Babylon, no matter what some commentator says. A great sermon on this very topic was preached by Andy Woods at his church just this last Sunday, Sept 15. slbc.org
Revelation & Babylon, Part 1. Can't wait to hear Part 2 next week. This sermon will blow all other theories about Babylon right out of the water. :thumbup
That comment does not ring true Lynn,

While the outcome of Babylon is the same in both Revelation 17 and 18, that both are destroyed by fire;

one is lamented by the nations as being destroyed as in Revelation 18

the other, in Revelation 17, Babylon is destroyed by the nations.

TRex2

That comment does not ring true Lynn,

While the outcome of Babylon is the same in both Revelation 17 and 18, that both are destroyed by fire;
one is lamented by the nations as being destroyed as in Revelation 18
the other, in Revelation 17, Babylon is destroyed by the nations.
There is no reason that both cannot be true about the same city,
and if you will look closely, not only was she destroyed in the same
way, but the descriptions of her, in both chapters are very similar.

Praying

Europe is already organized as a region with the E.U. Globalists have been doing much to try and get the other regions formed as well. The framework is written down and the efforts are underway. Why do you think it is so important to have an open border between Mexico and the USA? And what was the real reason for NAFTA? NAFTA and open borders are the foundational steps for creating one of those 10 regions. I don't understand why the plotters attached Mexico to the USA and Canada, it would seem better suited with the rest of Central and South America given the language and culture.
So true Tall Timbers. When I saw the ten regions on the EU website a few years ago, It sent chills down my spine. Looks like we are not the only ones watching and waiting …….. of course, they are not waiting for the same reasons we are! I am so-o-o ready to go home! Maranatha!

Breath of life

So true Tall Timbers. When I saw the ten regions on the EU website a few years ago, It sent chills down my spine. Looks like we are not the only ones watching and waiting …….. of course, they are not waiting for the same reasons we are! I am so-o-o ready to go home! Maranatha!
Hi, I have a different understanding. . The reason the USA will not intercede is they won’t be able too. I believe it will happen like this. At the beginning of the 70th week begins this guy we know as the false prophet shows up without the false prophet the apostate Israel would not accept anti-Christ. The clue is in the prophet who is expected to prepare the way for Messsiah. No this isn’t that Elijah this is the false prophet who will counterfeit Elijah even so far as to seem to bring fire down from heaven. This is important Fire first it will be anti-Christ coming as an angel of fire counterfeiting the Lord’s Shekinah Glory. If that wasn’t enough the fire for temple service will open the way for anti-Christ to claim the throne of David as his own.

3 and a half years the Lamb act is thrown off the release the Beast he really is and he will go out conquering and he is going to have a very special army to do all his nastiness. Remember when anti-christ came up out of the Bottomless /Abyss he had some special friends an army of fallen angels and in case he needs a few more the fallen angels held prisoner under the Euphrates River. The Lord never said as in the day of Noah for nothing. The fallen angels who left their proper place going in the world marrying the daughters of me. But that’s for another time. These angels we are told are being held for them to be released during this time of judgment. .

This is the army that when they advance men’s hearts melt they are so terrifying and they don’t even break ranks. That is remarkable especially if you are shooting at therm.. after 3 and a. Half years of terrifying the Gentile world anti- Christ, the false prophet and the fallen angel army against the apostate portion of Iisrael. Here is where it gets really cool again like the false Elijah bringing down that fire. Anti- Christ is in the process of wiping out all of apostate Israel Israel and the so called faithful Remnant needs to be rescued. Zechariah tells us the Lord will stand on the Mount of Olives and it will split in two causing a massive earthquake for Jerusalem and a valley the remnant uses to escape through. Then anti, the false and their fallen angel army go to. Fight the Christ and the Lord destroys anti-Christ and all his forces by the brightness of His Coming in the real Shekinah Glory

1,000 years later Satan leads the Gentile nations against what appears to be an unwalled village but the Lord will be Her wall and He will go out as He does for battle and he will destroy outside of Jerusalem Har Meggio or armeggedom. AfterThe Lord defeats Satan he is thrown into the Lake of Fire where anti-Christ and the false prophet have already been for 1,000 years. The thrones for the GWTJ are set in place the Ancient Of Days takes His place in court the Book Of Life is opened and anyone not in it is cast into the LOF.

It is sealed and there is a new heaven and earth. Then comes the New Jerusalem and the Bride of the Lamb and the Wedding Supper of the Lamb takes place.

Ohioan

There is no reason that both cannot be true about the same city,
and if you will look closely, not only was she destroyed in the same
way, but the descriptions of her, in both chapters are very similar.
So you do not see any difference between these two passages the first
Rev 17 and the second Rev 18

Rev 17

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Rev 18

9 “When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10 Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

“‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’

TRex2

You can argue if you want to. I have stated my position and I am finished with this.
As I said before, there is no point arguing with someone who has their mind made up.
Besides, no one says we have to agree on everything.

Chapter 17
I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Chapter 18
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Narrow Path

Several possible reasons why the U.S. does not assist Israel. If it occurs post rapture, then a easy speculation is that America will be dominated by Israel hating leftists. The government will be filled with globalists. They surely won't be sympathetic to God's people. In addition to that, it may be that the U.S. simply doesn't exist as we know it today. It's possible a fracturing of our nation into several sovereign states could make the U.S. a non-entity. When one examines the partisan divide of today, a split is easy to see. We're a major crisis away from full widespread civil unrest.

Pre-rapture, it may be that we have been neutered from our superpower status. I think an EMP is unlikely. The rest of the world needs us in the global economics game. What happens to our national debt and our trade agreements if we're decimated by an EMP? It would end not only us, but most of the world. I don't see any scripture that supports that. What I could see is an cyber extortion of our technology. If an enemy had the ability to control our utilities they could exert their will upon us. Some speculate that whatever nation perfects 5G tech will essentially control the world. A related potential attack could take place on our satellites. Somewhere I've read that China is developing offensive satellites which would hunt and disable other satellites. If a nation can cripple / control your satellites, you're done for.

But the main reason that seems obvious is that God would want Israel to understand that it was Him alone that defends them from Gog / Magog assault. The whole point of the Great Tribulation as I understand it is the salvation of his chosen people.

TRex2

Of course, there's always the possibility that the US ceases to exist, such as the Yellowstone Caldera going off...
I think if that were our end, God would have included it in the Book. (Based on there being more Jews in the US now, than anywhere else in the world, if I recall correctly.)

I rather suspect that, as a superpower, we will collapse from our own internal conflicts, and simply become irrelevant on the world stage. At the rate we are going, that shouldn't take more than a few years from now, even without any major disaster.

ByGod'sGrace

I rather suspect that, as a superpower, we will collapse from our own internal conflicts, and simply become irrelevant on the world stage. At the rate we are going, that shouldn't take more than a few years from now, even without any major disaster.
I agree....considering the amount of debt the US has and internal imploding, I don't see us lasting as a superpower much longer. God truly is holding everything back until it is time for things to fall off the precipice.

Sojourner414

I think if that were our end, God would have included it in the Book. (Based on there being more Jews in the US now, than anywhere else in the world, if I recall correctly.)

Why would He? The United States wasn't made any great promises like those the Lord made to Israel. Nor did Scripture foretell the end of several other nations and kingdoms that perished over the course of time; some He did, some He didn't and He did so of his own authority and reasons. However the US collapses, my thinking is that we as a nation will be finished by the time Israel needs such assistance.

Last edited:

kathymendel

I've always felt that we think WAY too much of our nation and have put much too much attention and importance on ourselves, in the realm of bible prophecy. I think all of the prophecies are centered in the Holy Land - in the middle east. Not on us. Civilization, as we know it, began there and will end there. God only made a covenant with Israel................the only nation He made a covenant with. One day soon, He will renew His utmost focus back to her. I believe something - one of several possibile opportunities - will stop us from helping Israel, so she will see ONLY God as her Savior.

Sojourner414

I've always felt that we think WAY too much of our nation and have put much too much attention and importance on ourselves, in the realm of bible prophecy. I think all of the prophecies are centered in the Holy Land - in the middle east. Not on us. Civilization, as we know it, began there and will end there. God only made a covenant with Israel................the only nation He made a covenant with. One day soon, He will renew His utmost focus back to her. I believe something - one of several possibile opportunities - will stop us from helping Israel, so she will see ONLY God as her Savior.
I agree with you; The Lord didn't promise the US a continued existence. And frankly, this once-great nation of ours has in recent years spat right in His face! And you raise some very valid points, most of all, the fact that only the Lord is going to be able to help Israel.

TRex2

I was going to let this go unanswered, but it seems that more than one person is misunderstanding of what I was saying, possibly because I didn't go into detail. We are at the end of the Church Age (expecting the Rapture any day now) and the Bible actually discusses, in one prophesy or another, pretty much every major kingdom in the history of the world. It isn't that ours nation is special, it is that it is conspicuously missing, when the others are there. Therefore I expect that we will no longer be a world power after the Rapture, and in fact, probably will fall, before the Rapture. This is especially probable, since a major portion of our government and a major portion of our people have been shaking their fist in God's face for several years.

ByGod'sGrace

I don't think America will fall before the rapture. Out of all the nations in the world, America is the one that has been the most supportive towards Israel. Despite people being sinful in America, I think that the reason we are absent from the Bible is because we are a relatively young nation and personally I think that the believers who will be raptured will cause a gaping hole in our government, infrastructure, etc. America is a tinder box ready to blow right now with the level of unrest/corruption in the government, so once you remove the Restrainer/believers then Satan can really do his work on causing chaos.