Why doesn't the USA help Israel in the Gog/Magog War?

ItIsFinished!

Yeah, everything I said is personal opinion, which is why I prefaced it with plenty of "I think." I am definitely not a prophet!

I do think the church will be gone before the Ezekiel 38 war, but I wouldn't mind seeing it, either. We know who's going to win and how it's going to go down!
Yes friend.
I also believe it will happen after the Rapture.
America will be decimated.
It will not have the desire or capability to help aid Israel.
I long for it all to be over.
I long to live in eternity with my Saviour and brothers and sisters where there IS NO MORE SIN EVER AGAIN.
I truly do.

Work4Peanuts

Yes friend.
I also believe it will happen after the Rapture.
America will be decimated.
It will not have the desire or capability to help aid Israel.
I long for it all to be over.
I long to live in eternity with my Saviour and brothers and sisters where there IS NO MORE SIN EVER AGAIN.
I truly do.
Just remember, our time here with pain, sorrow, and death when compared with eternity is barely a blip on the radar.

I don't get rapture burnout, but I do get world-weary from time to time. The song, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus helps me greatly.

ItIsFinished!

Just remember, our time here with pain, sorrow, and death when compared with eternity is barely a blip on the radar.

I don't get rapture burnout, but I do get world-weary from time to time. The song, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus helps me greatly.
Amen friend. I say , amen.
I absolutely LOVE that hymn.
I'm going to go sing it after this post.
I always tell people to turn their eyes upon Jesus , and keep them on Him.
Oh His mercy and grace!
We are more then conquerors through Him who loved us.

athenasius

I was reading some posts earlier today from 2012 and many names are no longer active here anymore. I guess they are doing fine but they're not watching so much for the rapture now , burnout perhaps?
Some have moved to heaven. Others come in and out occasionally-- I see their names come up but they don't post anymore, while others haven't been in a while. Everyone has freedom to come and go, and there are seasons of life too. I know of some who are still eagerly awaiting the Rapture but just don't want to be online anymore. That's ok too. I'd imagine quite a few are like them. Others have had arguments and were asked to leave and did so. That too is part of online life. And speaking as a former homeschooling mother with her hands full, not every one has enough time to do much more than read a bit when they catch a few moments to themselves. I for one, lurked quite a while before joining so that I could post. After that, I became quite chatty, but during some of my tougher moments, I wasn't sure if I could be online much if at all. My sister's health issues, my father's death, my husband being diagnosed with a brain tumour which God has mercifully directed his dr to a drug that is shrinking the tumour. There's all kinds of reasons.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
I think we can say for sure that since at least 37-75 million people in the USA (10-20%) are believers, the US will be significantly weakened the moment of the Rapture. I do not think we will be in much good shape to be helping anyone abroad amidst the chaos at home. Think about this for a moment. God blessed the USA in every conceivable way. We were blessed because of our faith and missionary enterprise. In his foreknowledge He also knew the impact His Rapture would have on any nation that is filled with believers. If by the miraculous work of God, a nation could be 100% filled with believers, that nation would not exist at the rapture. Thus, the US is not specifically singled out in Scripture because she is too weakened by the removal of the saints.

athenasius

I think we can say for sure that since at least 37-75 million people in the USA (10-20%) are believers, the US will be significantly weakened the moment of the Rapture. I do not think we will be in much good shape to be helping anyone abroad amidst the chaos at home. Think about this for a moment. God blessed the USA in every conceivable way. We were blessed because of our faith and missionary enterprise. In his foreknowledge He also knew the impact His Rapture would have on any nation that is filled with believers. If by the miraculous work of God, a nation could be 100% filled with believers, that nation would not exist at the rapture. Thus, the US is not specifically singled out in Scripture because she is too weakened by the removal of the saints.
I couldn't agree more. My best guess is that the US IS in exactly that position, weakened due to the removal of the good people who pay taxes, work in service industry like nurses, drs, teachers, pastors, army and navy and airforce, firemen, ambulance and other first responders, police and yes lawyers, bankers and politicians.

A lot of Christians serve their country and their fellow Americans in such ways. And they PAY THEIR TAXES, they USUALLY don't cheat people or steal, or get out of taxes or refuse to pay their loans back or their mortgages.

When you take the givers out of the country in one moment what are you left with?????

Yup the TAKERS. The users. the ones with perpetual grudges and feelings of entitlement.

How many Alexandria Occasio Cortes's does it take to bankrupt a country????? (or screw in a lightbulb?)

TRex2

InsuranceGuy[/URL] said:
Sadly, I used to be one of those.
No need to be sad, you are here now, you can focus on the road now.
(Beware that taking hold of the plow and looking back doesn't just mean pining for the "good ole days" but also means don't dwell on the things that went "wrong" back then, either. -- See Romans 8:28)

mikhen7

I suspect that the numbers may be much lower than 37-75 million. I would definitely say we can't be sure of the number of Believers in the USA or anywhere else for that matter.
You maybe correct. Instead of total population count at 10-20% let's take adults 19 and up. That equals around 252,000,000. 10% = 25,200,000 20% = 50,400,000. Still a lot of missing people.
https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/tables/99-total-population-by-child-and-adult-populations?loc=1&loct=1#detailed/1/any/false/871,870,573,869,36,868,867,133,38,35/39,40,41/416,417

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
You maybe correct. Instead of total population count at 10-20% let's take adults 19 and up. That equals around 252,000,000. 10% = 25,200,000 20% = 50,400,000. Still a lot of missing people.
https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/tables/99-total-population-by-child-and-adult-populations?loc=1&loct=1#detailed/1/any/false/871,870,573,869,36,868,867,133,38,35/39,40,41/416,417
What's your basis for 10-20% being raptured? It would be wonderful if that percentage of the population were Believers... That percentage may be church goers, but how many of those are actually Christians?

Len

so what would that percentage be "if" we use the eight who went into the Ark at todays population...... if there were a million people on earth at the time of the flood and only eight were saved what would that equate too today ...... any guesstimates?

mikhen7

What's your basis for 10-20% being raptured? It would be wonderful if that percentage of the population were Believers... That percentage may be church goers, but how many of those are actually Christians?
Statistics and polls are always coming up with the figure that 40% of Americans are Christians and Church-goers. In my book "Sifted Generation" I did a lot of research on this topic. That 40% figure is completely wrong. - I believe it is around the 10-15% range. I was being liberal with 20%

The Truth about Church Attendance
A recent study I found extremely fascinating, yet, sadly disturbing is titled, 7 Startling Facts: An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America, by Rebecca Barnes and Lindy Lowry. Through their methodologies they have documented what I, and many evangelicals, have known for years; that the popular polls on church attendance are not reporting accurate results. Under the subheading, “Less than 20% of Americans regularly attend church — half of what the pollsters report”, they state: While Gallup polls and other statisticians have turned in the same percentage— about 40% of the population— of average weekend church attendees for the past 70 years, a different sort of research paints quite a disparate picture of how many Americans attend a local church on any given Sunday. Initially prompted to discover how church plants in America were really doing, Olson, director of church planting for the Evangelical Covenant Church (covchurch.org), began collecting data in the late “80s, gradually expanding his research to encompass overall attendance trends in the Church. In his study, he tracked the annual attendance of more than 200,000 individual Orthodox Christian churches (the accepted U.S. church universe is 330,000). To determine attendance at the remaining 100,000-plus Orthodox Christian churches, he used statistical models, which included multiplying a church’s membership number by the denomination’s membership-to-attendance ratio. His findings reveal that the actual rate of church attendance from head counts is less than half of the 40% the pollsters report. Numbers from actual counts of people in Orthodox Christian churches (Catholic, mainline and evangelical) show that in 2004, 17.7% of the population attended a Christian church on any given weekend. 2 (bold print is mine). Shocking?? It shouldn’t be. If those were the facts in 2004 than I do not think I would be wrong in stating it has declined even more since then. I have seen similar results in my own unprofessional tracking time and again. Below is one such chart that illustrates the standard polling data often gathered. This chart is courtesy of the Pew Research Group.

See Chart here https://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/PMCMS/c7qcrr6afkmocddvjgauhq.png

Barnes and Lowry go on to report on a phenomenon that is very much in line with biblical teaching on the sinful inclinations of humanity (see Rom. 3: 23; Eccl. 7: 20; 1 John 1: 8). What they reveal is that people generally want others to think of them as being good, to do this they will often lie to others about their activities. To make their point they show that the work of sociologists C. Kirk Hadaway and Penny Long Marler, who are known for their scholarly research on the church, wholeheartedly agree with Olson’s findings:

What Hadaway and Marler, along with Mark Chaves, author of the “National Congregations Study,” discovered was at play is what researchers call “the halo effect” — the difference between what people tell pollsters and what people actually do. Americans tend to over-report socially desirable behavior like voting and attending church and under-report socially undesirable behavior like drinking. 3 (emphasis added)

So if the studies are correct, and I believe they are, we can conclude with little doubt the lack of emphasis on sharing Christ with the nonbeliever and the huge dips in church attendance are more than likely linked. In America, sharing the gospel and encouraging growth in Christ is just not happening at the level it once was.

Michael L. Henderson. The Sifted Generation: Tested, Tried, and Found True (Kindle Locations 1060-1078). WestBow Press. Kindle Edition.

ByGod'sGrace

I think the burnout comes from people who aren't necessarily interested in God as much as they are the Rapture. I won't question their salvation as it isn't my place, but it seems like an infatuation with the rapture more than eternity.
Personally, I know I go through phases where I post a lot on the forum, and then not so much, but I'm always reading the articles. Sometimes I am so mad and hurt by what evil is happening in the world that I am afraid I will not be edifying in what I say on the posts. So, I think everyone has their faith journey, but we can't tell why people leave or assume what their reasons are. It does get exhausting to live on the edge of hope and despair at the evil; I personally have loved ones who aren't saved, and the fear of them not accepting the Lord before the rapture is intense. Mix those intense feelings with my longing to go home can be confusing...honestly, I am just taking one day at a time, breathing, praying, and trusting God on a day by day basis.