Why do we born again Christians sometimes worry about being left behind?

Eastxn

Paul does tell us to pray unceasingly that in that day, we will be found worthy to be taken..

Ever since I read that as a teenager, I have worried about it and when the thought preys on my mind, I pray that God will find me worthy when he comes...
If you are a believer then you have nothing to worry about. We are saved because we believe, not because we deserve. And if you're saved then you'll be raptured. Simple as that.

Wings Like Eagles

Here's a hypothetical situation that will help perhaps;

Let's assume for a moment that you really were lost. Now the last thing satan wants is for you to actually KNOW that you're a sinner, because then you will look for the Savior. So instead of condemning you and making you feel guilty, he (masquerading as an angel of light), is going to shower you with...I don't know... warm fuzzies or something, anything to get you to feel good about yourself and comfortable with what you're doing. That way you'll keep on doing the same thing and won't change your mind and search for the truth.

But since you're saved, you're out of his reach. Now he's going to fight you. He's going to attack you with everything he's got, trying to bring you down, destroy you, prevent you from influencing others. But isn't it wonderful that "greater is He that is in you than he who is in the world". I can't remember off the top of my head where that verse is.
1 John 4:4 :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I posted this in the other thread in this forum. It seems like it is applicable here as well.

Making people doubt and question their salvation is one of Satan's greatest strategies to try to neutralize believers in the spiritual war. We need to learn to remind ourselves to know who and where these thoughts come from.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." - (James 4:7)

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." - (John 4:4)

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
I posted this in the other thread in this forum. It seems like it is applicable here as well.

Making people doubt and question their salvation is one of Satan's greatest strategies to try to neutralize believers in the spiritual war. We need to learn to remind ourselves to know who and where these thoughts come from.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." - (James 4:7)

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." - (John 4:4)
Thank you Chris!

Musician 4 Jesus

Thanks everyone for y'all of the wonderful replys from each and everyone of y'all! I can say I didn't think so many christans had the same thoughts! I will Also say no matter how many times I have my doubts I always come back to the same place of realizing it's the devil messing with me and other christans. As Chris said. and I just can't wait to get home the more I think about it the more excited I get!!!!!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Okay I've put off asking this for a long time because I used to think that I was a "bad christian" for even being scared or worried or unsure of my salvation or second guessing that I'll be left behind even though I'm born again and asked Jesus Christ into my heart as my lord and savior and been baptized. I rededicated my life to Christ last year. So why do I still sometimes worry I'll be left behind or that I'm not saved even though I'm pretty sure I am. I'm a baby Christian and pretty young as most y'all know. My mother has explained to me that this is totally normal and that all Christians have thought the same at one time or another but why do we feel that way sometimes? Most times I'm excited talking about the good Lord coming back and some rare times I'm kinda worried that I'll be left behind. Do my question is why does us Christian worry about this sometimes and how do y'all just put them thoughts behind you?

Sorry y'all if this seems like a stupid question.

:hug :console

This is not a stupid question.

I asked the same thing last December, so you have written (electronic) proof other Christians get scared/worried about this, too.
https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/is-anyone-else-scared.173633/

Whether or not someone is saved or not is the most critical question because where each person spends eternity depends on each person's answer.
As Christians, we know what the two alternative are, so we know how high the stakes are.

Jesus promised, and He keeps His promises. His Resurrection is proof of His veracity and power.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16, KJV

62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.
Matthew 27:62-66, KJV

28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Matthew 28:1-6, KJV

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
Revelation 22:14, ESV

17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.
Revelation 22:17, ESV

:hug :console

:pray :pray :amen :amen

ldonjohn

"God said it, that settles it!"
I worry often that I’m not really saved and what if I am one of the “false Christians” people talk about being left behind. I think it’s just Satan at work on some believers minds and it would be really nice to be set free from it. Also, I fear that I will be deceived and somehow wrongfully deny Jesus when he returns for us.
For many years I doubted my salvation until the Holy Spirit showed me that if I look at myself for assurance I won't find it, but if I focus on the finished work of Jesus on the cross, assurance will be found there.
Below is a link to my testimony of how God brought me through my struggle of fear & doubt into a peace that is impossible to explain to anyone who has not found the peace that only God can give.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/what-does-it-mean-to-believe-in-jesus.82903/

Don

Batman

My worry lately has been I will find myself in heaven and sin and get cast out. I know it’s an enemy attack.
Can't happen. In Heaven we are all changed and have zero sin nature. It will be wonderful and you will be relaxed and in love with eternity forward. Worrying about our sins on this side is certainly a typical, expected, and needed task though.

Kerbluey

Can't happen. In Heaven we are all changed and have zero sin nature. It will be wonderful and you will be relaxed and in love with eternity forward. Worrying about our sins on this side is certainly a typical, expected, and needed task though.

I know. I never said it was a reasonable worry. :D

heisable2

Okay I've put off asking this for a long time because I used to think that I was a "bad christian" for even being scared or worried or unsure of my salvation or second guessing that I'll be left behind even though I'm born again and asked Jesus Christ into my heart as my lord and savior and been baptized. I rededicated my life to Christ last year. So why do I still sometimes worry I'll be left behind or that I'm not saved even though I'm pretty sure I am. I'm a baby Christian and pretty young as most y'all know. My mother has explained to me that this is totally normal and that all Christians have thought the same at one time or another but why do we feel that way sometimes? Most times I'm excited talking about the good Lord coming back and some rare times I'm kinda worried that I'll be left behind. Do my question is why does us Christian worry about this sometimes and how do y'all just put them thoughts behind you?
Wow! When I became a Christian 45 years ago I too had the same feelings. It's like I was doubtful of my salvation. I even had a fear of walking into my bathroom and when I turned the light on I see the devil in my mirror. I even would wake up from a deep sleep speaking in tongues. I think it's because my dreams were full of doubtful things happening and having the enemy in the dreams. Thank you holy Spirit for the gift of tongues.

Thank God I got over all of that. I think that in the beginning of my Christian walk, Satan was trying to get me back to his realm. I kept praying, reading the word, and just praising the Lord in everything I did. Years ago I read a book called Power in Praise by Caruthers. That book saved me from all of that doubt that I had and I continue praising and praising and praising.

Eventually as I grew in the Lord, my experience in Bible studies and talking with other Christians became my strength. I joined a prayer line group and just the joy of praying with someone for healing or for a problem, help me immensely.

So just keep binding the evil things that you hear and see in the name of Jesus. The Lord hears you and he will get you through. He'll give you a way out.

Stay strong in the Lord and the power of his might. For he has given unto us the spirit of power the spirit of love and a strong mind. I believe those words are in the Bible somewhere and it was part of a song that I'd sing in my church. Keep listening to Christian music.

Musician 4 Jesus

I worry often that I’m not really saved and what if I am one of the “false Christians” people talk about being left behind. I think it’s just Satan at work on some believers minds and it would be really nice to be set free from it. Also, I fear that I will be deceived and somehow wrongfully deny Jesus when he returns for us.
I'm so sorry that I feel that way. I did sometimes think that too. But I have come to realize its just the devil whispering doubts. I have talked about both my doubts about being left behind and also your worrys. To my mother and she said that all Christans have the same doubts at one point or another in our life.

Kerbluey

For many years I doubted my salvation until the Holy Spirit showed me that if I look at myself for assurance I won't find it, but if I focus on the finished work of Jesus on the cross, assurance will be found there.
Below is a link to my testimony of how God brought me through my struggle of fear & doubt into a peace that is impossible to explain to anyone who has not found the peace that only God can give.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/what-does-it-mean-to-believe-in-jesus.82903/

Don

Its funny, I read this thread and somehow missed your comment and testimony in the link. I can tell you it‘s exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you for linking it and taking the time to share!

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
The Lord bought, and paid, for all who call on him to be saved with his blood on the cross, and He don't do no backsies, returns or refunds. :p

On a more serious note, the day we surrendered our lives to Him we became His and there is no power of Earth or Hell that can take those Christ calls his own away from Him.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
The Lord bought, and paid, for all who call on him to be saved with his blood on the cross, and He don't do no backsies, returns or refunds. :p

On a more serious note, the day we surrendered our lives to Him we became His and there is no power of Earth or Hell that can take those Christ calls his own away from Him.
Absolutely correct, and it is great seeing you :bighug Cireth posting! You have been missed!