Why are you here?

MikeD

Love this place! The fellowship, the many articles which are fantastic, and just being with others who believe in a pre tribulation rapture is ttuely an encouraging blessing. Don't come here much because of my job as a truck driver.

Andy C

I happened upon the old RR site in 2013. For the next year I would lurk and read all the articles, and learn from all the frequent posters on that site. I finally decided to join in 2014 and I was an active poster for the next year. Many posters would make commentts about the RF site, but I did not seek this forum out until RR daily activity slowed way down, and it was a little frustrating for me. So I lurked on here for a few months, then Joined in 2015, and have been active since.

I did not become a Christian until 2005, and within that first year felt drawn to eschatology. I have many books in this field with my favoirte being by Arnold Fruchtenbaum “Footsteps of the Messiah”.

Why do I continue to post? I enjoy the fellowship on this forum, and its hard to replicate that feeling of family away from this site, in the “real” world.
Plus, I only have 30,000 posts, which leaves me 75,000 posts behind Patiently, so I need to become even more active.... :biggrin2 :eek2 .

Scilent

I was just curious about what brought you all here and was hoping you’d share the experiences that brought you to RF!

What led me here was a friend encouraging me to read up in the end times and sending me updates weekly. I started searching on my own and found a wonderful article here. My friend really got my interested and believing we were in the last days.
I've been a believer since I was a little kid back in the '70's. I'd first heard about escatology and end-times events in small spatterings here and there when my grand parents took us kids to church back then. I dunno... but to my child's mind and heart, even back then I think I knew Pre-Trib/Pre-Mill and dispensationalism were true. I remember reading Hal Lindsey's book, the Late Great Planet Earth when I was a young teenager.

High School came and went, my first delving into college came and went and then when working my first "real" job, I was introduced to my old paster/professor named Dr. Mal Couch in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. He was a GREAT teacher, strong in his faith, steeped into church history and an ardent professor of Pre-Trib, Pre-Mil teaching. Sadly, he passed away in 2013. I look forward to seeing him again one day. Interestingly he was a camera man for a local television station in Dallas back in his early years and was riding in the motorcade with JFK when he was shot. He was riding with several news people several cars back when the shots rang out. They actually have some of his testimony in the Warren Report. Funny as well was the attempt one time that he tried to set me up with a young lady that was going to our church. LOL!! She wasn't my type.

Anyway... in later years while working as a Circulator Nurse in Surgery on the night shift, we had one of our occasional nights when nothing was going on, and one of my co-workers told me about Rapture ready and the forums.... I dunno.... around 2007-2008, I'd guess.

Didn't ever really have a lot of time to write posts, but on slow nights I'd participate.

Since my old pastor passed away to glory, I found the likes of Jack Hibbs (I love his teaching style), Jan Markell and JD Faraq, as well as John Haller's Prophecy update on Youtube.

It's just amazing to watch prophecy open up before our eyes like it is now!

But I have to say, I have a difficult time getting people to believe it that aren't into it. I present all kinds of evidence, but they kinda give me a "he's a screwball" look.

All except my son. He listens to his ol' dad with great attention and he gave himself to the Lord a couple of months ago!

Anyway, I'm rambling... and I've got a meeting to go to.

Talk to ya later!

RobinMc

I've always known about the rapture and end times, but until I heard this David Jerimiah series-' Is this the End?' I really didn't think about the time being so near. So I wanted to study it, talk about it, learn more about it and guess what? a lot of people didn't want to do that. Not my family, or my church family or my friends, all who claim to be children of God. I get that "she's a nut" look quite often. Even if I didn't believe the end was near, I wouldn't mind talking about it. So I started searching and found RF. I love reading the articles and comments, I have learned a lot.
My husband is eager to learn and talk about it also and starting last Wednesday, our pastor is doing an end times prophesy series that has drawn much interest in our church.
So I'm thankful all of you are here and love to hear what you think.

aldanielle

I've always known about the rapture and end times, but until I heard this David Jerimiah series-' Is this the End?' I really didn't think about the time being so near. So I wanted to study it, talk about it, learn more about it and guess what? a lot of people didn't want to do that. Not my family, or my church family or my friends, all who claim to be children of God. I get that "she's a nut" look quite often. Even if I didn't believe the end was near, I wouldn't mind talking about it. So I started searching and found RF. I love reading the articles and comments, I have learned a lot.
My husband is eager to learn and talk about it also and starting last Wednesday, our pastor is doing an end times prophesy series that has drawn much interest in our church.
So I'm thankful all of you are here and love to hear what you think.
Dr David Jeremiah is my favorite! It seems a lot more people recently are preaching on the end times. I love that your church is teaching on it now! I’m glad to have you here! ☺

aldanielle

I've been a believer since I was a little kid back in the '70's. I'd first heard about escatology and end-times events in small spatterings here and there when my grand parents took us kids to church back then. I dunno... but to my child's mind and heart, even back then I think I knew Pre-Trib/Pre-Mill and dispensationalism were true. I remember reading Hal Lindsey's book, the Late Great Planet Earth when I was a young teenager.

High School came and went, my first delving into college came and went and then when working my first "real" job, I was introduced to my old paster/professor named Dr. Mal Couch in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. He was a GREAT teacher, strong in his faith, steeped into church history and an ardent professor of Pre-Trib, Pre-Mil teaching. Sadly, he passed away in 2013. I look forward to seeing him again one day. Interestingly he was a camera man for a local television station in Dallas back in his early years and was riding in the motorcade with JFK when he was shot. He was riding with several news people several cars back when the shots rang out. They actually have some of his testimony in the Warren Report. Funny as well was the attempt one time that he tried to set me up with a young lady that was going to our church. LOL!! She wasn't my type.

Anyway... in later years while working as a Circulator Nurse in Surgery on the night shift, we had one of our occasional nights when nothing was going on, and one of my co-workers told me about Rapture ready and the forums.... I dunno.... around 2007-2008, I'd guess.

Didn't ever really have a lot of time to write posts, but on slow nights I'd participate.

Since my old pastor passed away to glory, I found the likes of Jack Hibbs (I love his teaching style), Jan Markell and JD Faraq, as well as John Haller's Prophecy update on Youtube.

It's just amazing to watch prophecy open up before our eyes like it is now!

But I have to say, I have a difficult time getting people to believe it that aren't into it. I present all kinds of evidence, but they kinda give me a "he's a screwball" look.

All except my son. He listens to his ol' dad with great attention and he gave himself to the Lord a couple of months ago!

Anyway, I'm rambling... and I've got a meeting to go to.

Talk to ya later!
This is wonderful news that your son gave himself to the Lord! Praise God! Thank you so much for sharing. I have also been hearing about it since I was a child! Only recently did I start studying and seeing how now everything is unfolding right in front of our eyes and how neat it is. It is a wonderful time to be alive! I am going to check out the others you listed as I have only heard of Jan Markell! I am sorry about your pastor but you are right, you’ll get to see him again someday! What a day of rejoicing that will be. I hope your meeting goes well!

Scilent

I just wanted to put in a quick addendum to what I wrote. I just recently found out that John Haller and the FBC Chapel believe in mid-trib eschatology. I don't believe in that of course... I'm very much a staunch Pre-trib and Pre-Mil guy.

I do still like John Haller for this point though..... I've noticed that in his prophecy updates, he doesn't teach on the eschatological theology itself 99% of the time. In fact, I can't recall when he ever has.

His presentations focus almost entirely on what's going on in the world and I do believe he gives a very good update on the state of things before we get raptured out of here.

His timing of events in the end of days may be messed up, but he really does have a good read on the pulse of the world and how it's becoming more and more depraved before Christ calls us out of here.

But his/their eschatological teaching..... I listen to it some, in order to keep me sharp on my own beliefs, but I don't accept it at all.

Círeth

I have always known about the rapture, sort of. My Gan-Gan talked about it all the time when I was a child but I wasn't a Christian, I didn't understand and I forgot.

Then I became a Christian but didn't remember until I read the Left Behind series. I was so excited after reading that series to see if there were fellow believers who also knew about and believed in the pre-trib rapture. I went on Google and found this place.

I did study the possibility of a mid or post trib rapture but it quickly became clear that those theories held no water. I just wish my Dad believed in the rapture. He's so afraid of the tribulation and thinks we're going to go through it with the unbelievers and tribulation saints. It breaks my heart. I used to believe that too but the Word convinced me otherwise.

aldanielle

I have always known about the rapture, sort of. My Gan-Gan talked about it all the time when I was a child but I wasn't a Christian, I didn't understand and I forgot.

Then I became a Christian but didn't remember until I read the Left Behind series. I was so excited after reading that series to see if there were fellow believers who also knew about and believed in the pre-trib rapture. I went on Google and found this place.

I did study the possibility of a mid or post trib rapture but it quickly became clear that those theories held no water. I just wish my Dad believed in the rapture. He's so afraid of the tribulation and thinks we're going to go through it with the unbelievers and tribulation saints. It breaks my heart. I used to believe that too but the Word convinced me otherwise.
I like you studied other possibilities as well! I was raised pre-trib. I leaned more towards mid-trib for a few years but now I believe through studying, like you, pre-trib is the way. I wish that your dad would believe otherwise as well. I definitely am praying the rapture is soon! Thank you for sharing your story with me.

InsuranceGuy

I'm here because I was led here. It's the closest thing I have to a family. I don't know anyone here really, but it feels as though I do. I see the usernames and feel like I know the people behind them. The other reason is there is some excellent commentary here. I get to learn a lot. The varying viewpoints are nice and I haven't found anyone on the forum that is a troll, so the Mod's do a good job of patrolling and keeping things in order. I look forward to reading through the forums when I have an opportunity. What would be super awesome is a Rapture Forums picnic, or something of the sort. I'd be willing drive, or fly, to that event.

bigmoose

I came for the fellowship and to search for truth (Truth) with like minded believers. The Lord appears to have made some of the Scriptures not crystal clear on their first reading. It appears He intended some of them to require quite extensive study and cross correlation to understand. Some will not be understood until He unmasks them in the fullness of time. This forum, along with certain sound board guidelines, allow us to examine some controversial Scriptures together in order to discern the Truth within them.

My journey started with family tradition to "just trust the priest, he is trained to understand the scriptures..." Vatican II opened the Scriptures up to plain reading, and new readable translations appeared (as a kid/young man KJV was very difficult) The direct reading of Scriptures led to a revival in my part of the country in the late 60's/early 70's. That led to my commitment to the Lord, and a thirst for His Word. I spent years trying to discern the prophetic works, and then wrote a summary of them in the early 90's, "The End Times According to Scripture" for my family and kids. As head of the household, I felt driven to get this part right to focus our family on the right things in the years ahead. I did not want myself or my family to be like those 2000 years ago who "missed His coming" because He came in a way they didn't expect.

It has been an interesting journey. As I now grow older and weaker, I am energized by seeing things happening day to day that are written about in Scripture. I am particularly intrigued with Ezk 38-39 as we read about current conditions with Iran/Russia/Turkey... simply amazing! I don't know if I will make it to the trumpet that calls us all home, but I trust in His wisdom and His love and care for us all. What a wonderful and gracious Father He has been to us all!

aldanielle

I'm here because I was led here. It's the closest thing I have to a family. I don't know anyone here really, but it feels as though I do. I see the usernames and feel like I know the people behind them. The other reason is there is some excellent commentary here. I get to learn a lot. The varying viewpoints are nice and I haven't found anyone on the forum that is a troll, so the Mod's do a good job of patrolling and keeping things in order. I look forward to reading through the forums when I have an opportunity. What would be super awesome is a Rapture Forums picnic, or something of the sort. I'd be willing drive, or fly, to that event.
That would be such a wonderful picnic!! I’m here for the same reasons. I’m glad you’re here.

aldanielle

I came for the fellowship and to search for truth (Truth) with like minded believers. The Lord appears to have made some of the Scriptures not crystal clear on their first reading. It appears He intended some of them to require quite extensive study and cross correlation to understand. Some will not be understood until He unmasks them in the fullness of time. This forum, along with certain sound board guidelines, allow us to examine some controversial Scriptures together in order to discern the Truth within them.

My journey started with family tradition to "just trust the priest, he is trained to understand the scriptures..." Vatican II opened the Scriptures up to plain reading, and new readable translations appeared (as a kid/young man KJV was very difficult) The direct reading of Scriptures led to a revival in my part of the country in the late 60's/early 70's. That led to my commitment to the Lord, and a thirst for His Word. I spent years trying to discern the prophetic works, and then wrote a summary of them in the early 90's, "The End Times According to Scripture" for my family and kids. As head of the household, I felt driven to get this part right to focus our family on the right things in the years ahead. I did not want myself or my family to be like those 2000 years ago who "missed His coming" because He came in a way they didn't expect.

It has been an interesting journey. As I now grow older and weaker, I am energized by seeing things happening day to day that are written about in Scripture. I am particularly intrigued with Ezk 38-39 as we read about current conditions with Iran/Russia/Turkey... simply amazing! I don't know if I will make it to the trumpet that calls us all home, but I trust in His wisdom and His love and care for us all. What a wonderful and gracious Father He has been to us all!
This is so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely story. I will be praying that you make it. Is your health poor right now?

bigmoose

... I will be praying that you make it. Is your health poor right now?
Thank you aldanielle for your prayers! Suffice it to say it is a challenge these days. For a guy that once put a bundle of shingles on each shoulder and marched up the ladder to put a roof on our house... it is hard to move now due to the effects of kinetic injuries and genetic weaknesses. I thank the Lord many times a day for my wife, who always encourages me with: "Don't fret about tomorrow, lets just get through today... and don't worry if you can't do that anymore, we will make do..." What a blessing she is!

Haha I have to laugh a little... thinking of when we changed the oil in the truck the last time. I finished up under neath the truck and sort of slithered out. I told her how I needed her help to get up on my knees. Positioning her just so, then telling her to pull on my arm as hard as she could, and not to pay any attention to my hollering... she had to get me "over center" so that I could get back on my feet. ... funny, without her, I wold still be laying under the truck on a piece of cardboard! SO thankful to have a good partner at this point in life :)

Geri Ungurean

I am here to meet even more of my brethren than I do on Facebook. I'm usually writing, but today I am in the mood to just chat with some brothers and sisters in Yeshua. I can't watch the rubbish on TV about the "Impeachment." I get way too angry. And anyway, God is in control, so no matter what happens, we know that He allowed it.

JamesSuth

I was converted under the ministry of the ‘Faith Mission’ here in the UK. It is a long standing ministry to the rural areas of the British Isles. I didn’t realise at the time, but even when I was a teenager, their preaching was considered ‘old – fashioned’. They spoke of the return of Christ, our sin and how we all needed salvation. In general (although there are exceptions) the church in this country doesn’t talk about, or even believe in, the return of Christ any more. I began to do my own research, which was greatly helped when Christian radio and the internet came along. I discovered that Jesus really is going to return, and that the conditions have never been more ready. I had a strong opinion that a pretribulation rapture was correct and that conditions on earth have never pointed more to this being in the near future. It really looks like God is holding back the end times, and that won’t continue indefinitely. Yet even Christians seem to have never spoke less of his return, and really not be expecting it. Then I heard the teaching of David Jeremiah and others which was confirming what I believe the Spirit was teaching me.
So that was my journey, and I joined here to have fellowship with like minded believers. Really enjoying being part of the community.