Why are you here?

aldanielle

I was just curious about what brought you all here and was hoping you’d share the experiences that brought you to RF!

What led me here was a friend encouraging me to read up in the end times and sending me updates weekly. I started searching on my own and found a wonderful article here. My friend really got my interested and believing we were in the last days.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Quite a few years ago I discovered the Rapture Ready Bulletin Board while doing an internet search of the end times. I joined and eventually found RF too. I was already interested in eschatology when I found the Boards, just didn't know that there were Boards that focused on that topic. I've been active on Bulletin Boards since before the Graphic World Wide Web was available, back in the days of FIDONET and other NETS. I used an IBM account back then to access the Boards that I was active on.

aldanielle

Quite a few years ago I discovered the Rapture Ready Bulletin Board while doing an internet search of the end times. I joined and eventually found RF too. I was already interested in eschatology when I found the Boards, just didn't know that there were Boards that focused on that topic. I've been active on Bulletin Boards since before the Graphic World Wide Web was available, back in the days of FIDONET and other NETS. I used an IBM account back then to access the Boards that I was active on.
Thank you for sharing! What year did you originally start searching? I will look into some of those other boards.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Back in college, I was at UCLA going to Grace Church and was really struggling with the teaching. In my heart, I knew something was wrong with what was being taught, but I couldn't put my finger on it; I didn't fit in, and couldn't accept the preaching as being true. Also, all of my Christian friends were really excited about this person running for President - Obama. I had a really bad feeling about him, and didn't understand the fever surrounding supporting someone like him with basically no background proof to deserve that kind of devotion. That's when I started lurking on the forums/raptureready....it wasn't until 2018 that I started posting on the forum. I was teaching at a Christian school and going through severe depression from persecution I was experiencing from my boss/headmaster at the school. The prayers of those in this forum, and the teaching through raptureready was a huge encouragement during that time. It introduced me to Jan Markell and the validation of my feelings of intense loneliness in being part of a small remnant (I had never heard of that before, but I cried the first time I heard that explained).

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Back in college, I was at UCLA going to Grace Church and was really struggling with the teaching. In my heart, I knew something was wrong with what was being taught, but I couldn't put my finger on it; I didn't fit in, and couldn't accept the preaching as being true. Also, all of my Christian friends were really excited about this person running for President - Obama. I had a really bad feeling about him, and didn't understand the fever surrounding supporting someone like him with basically no background proof to deserve that kind of devotion. That's when I started lurking on the forums/raptureready....it wasn't until 2018 that I started posting on the forum. I was teaching at a Christian school and going through severe depression from persecution I was experiencing from my boss/headmaster at the school. The prayers of those in this forum, and the teaching through raptureready was a huge encouragement during that time. It introduced me to Jan Markell and the validation of my feelings of intense loneliness in being part of a small remnant (I had never heard of that before, but I cried the first time I heard that explained).
:hug

aldanielle

I am so glad you found Jan Markell! She is wonderful! My friend introduced me to her! I love that you have found hope in these forums. I’m glad to have you here.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I find prophecy very interesting some that have been fulfilled, and others in the future to be fulfilled. I discovered RR and joined in June 2009. I signed up for RF in Jan 2010, and became active around Easter of 2013. There are a lot of interesting topics on here, and great family in the Body of Christ!

aldanielle

Like others I was looking for a place that discussed end times and where I wouldn't be bashed by other Christians for holding a pre trib view. I also desired a place to fellowship since I am currently unchurched.
I’m glad you are here! I know the feeling of being unchurched. Since my pastor left I Bible study with friends and church hop but haven’t found a home. RF is becoming my home.

aldanielle

I find prophecy very interesting some that have been fulfilled, and others in the future to be fulfilled. I discovered RR and joined in June 2009. I signed up for RF in Jan 2010, and became active around Easter of 2013. There are a lot of interesting topics on here, and great family in the Body of Christ!

Wonderful! Thank you!! I love to know rookie have been studying for so long.

LiCaMi

I came here by a friend of Christ who taught me God's words; he inspired me to read news and later on I felt Holy Spirit guides me to be involved in the forum. Because I stopped going to church instead this becomes a fellowship where I don't get hypocrite manipulate and scraped. Being deaf is harder and finding a right deaf church group is frustrating but being here and reading a lot of riches information that keep me focus on Jesus all the way. I am still praying for His guidance in everything always.

anath

I Love the Lord
I've always been a watching for the Lord but 9/11 opened my eyes and realized we were getting close to the Lord's coming. I had read a Time magazine article of an interview of Todd from RR and found his beliefs were similar to mine so I checked out the site and loved it. I stayed there until 2007. There was a split and I heard a few others mentioning Rapture Forums and I came with several others from RR. I love this site and I'm so thankful we can come here and fellowship, learn and watch for our Lord!

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I've always been a watching for the Lord but 9/11 opened my eyes and realized we were getting close to the Lord's coming. I had read a Time magazine article of an interview of Todd from RR and found his beliefs were similar to mine so I checked out the site and loved it. I stayed there until 2007. There was a split and I heard a few others mentioning Rapture Forums and I came with several others from RR. I love this site and I'm so thankful we can come here and fellowship, learn and watch for our Lord!
Amen.
Fellowship is quite important and many times neglected.

Len

I stumbled onto RF via a link from another sister type site a couple of years or so ago, and I can honestly say this is the only site I visit and is MY main source of teaching/learning as I do not study myself any more, so to me it was God's leading that brought me here to RF and I have found an ongoing commitment to God's truth, love, knowledge and fellowship here ...... I have been blessed and found peace within because of the help, encouragement and direction that is spread from all the spirit filled hearts that post on this site ...... thats how I got here and why I stay ..... until we are called home! ..... and until then .....
25 the Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 the Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Numbers 6:25-26 (AKJV)

kathymendel

I found the RR forum by searching for information on the rapture........... I think it was 1999, as I was already pretty established on RR by the time Y2K hit................ (or, didn't). I became a temporary "prepper" during that period. Afterwards, l was sure we only had about five years left to the rapture!! :lol Now, all these years later, I'm still on the edge of my seat!!! Especially, realizing how much more has put into place by God for it to really happen!! Any day, now.............

When the RR forum let us know they were shutting down and recommended we come to RF, I sadly took my leave, and came here to poke around and see what was up. I found it just as knowledgable and friendly and supportive as RR had been, and I found many of my fellow RR-ers already here. Sorry I was so slow to make a move - but I'm sure glad I'm here now.

I do nnow have a home church, and love it. But, the fellowship and love here is amazing!!! I sign on two or three times a day..............once in the morning, once in the mid-afternoon, and again just before going to bed at night. I don't want to miss anything!!!!!

Saved and Waiting

At 15 and later, I read Hal Lindsey's books and knew the Lord had given me the desire to study prophecy. Also was then drawn to Gracethrufaith with Jack Kelley. I joined RR under the name "Come up here"! and even wrote a poem about the rooster we could hear in the back ground while bombs were coming in and out of Israel. That rooster got quite a bit of attention from many RR readers...hahaha!! I think Steve 53 was a leader at that time and Buzzardhut.. It's been 50 years for me and the fellowship and learning by being here has been wonderful.

Last edited: