Why Are Walmart & Other Major U. S. Retailers Canceling Billions Of Dollars In Orders As Summer Comes To An End?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
$2.08 a loaf????!!!

Bread has never been that expensive here in the UK. I would have a heart attack if bread went up to the equivalent price here. That's ridiculous already.

For it to go up to $4.39 a loaf, I wouldn't bother. I'd bake my own.

I really like a good automtic breadmaker :smile Medical issues prevent me from kneading, so . . .

I don't like that the pan in mine is teflon-coated (I'd be happy with polished stainless[ don't trust the ceramic-costed pans, etc. aren't toxic). Nice to control ingredients, and can wrap bread in beeswax-coated paper or cloth or in a bamboo or wood bread box and toxic avoid plastic bags. And, I can throw the ingredients in, set the timer, and wake up to fresh, warm-out-of-the-breadmaker bread :smile Or I can pull dough out before it bakes and shape for HAMBURGER buns, dinner rolls, etc.

pixelpusher

I've tried baking bread several times, but there is something about it obviously don't get. I can do a pretty good pizza dough especially if I set it up the day before, but I can't do a french bread with that crusty crust and soft airy kinda chewy inside to save my life, and I think that is one of the simpler breads.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I've tried baking bread several times, but there is something about it obviously don't get. I can do a pretty good pizza dough especially if I set it up the day before, but I can't do a french bread with that crusty crust and soft airy kinda chewy inside to save my life, and I think that is one of the simpler breads.

Might not have been you or the recipe. Might have been the temperature of one or more of the ingredients, the age of the yeast, rising time, bowl material, cover material, weave, temperature, and/or dampness/dryness, and/or the temperature, humidity, or barometric pressure in the kitchen.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Pixel, you might enjoy baking a loaf of no knead overnight bread based on the recipe by Jim Lahey. If you gain skill in bread baking using this simple method, you'll do better when trying to make more complicated time consuming bread recipes. I've baked bread for years, but my favorite of all time is the overnight no knead recipes. Yesterday, I took a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread to a meeting with some friends and they loved the bread. It was so easy!

jab777

The worst part is this is it’s all by design. From WEF to Soros to the idiotic governments around the world we are being reduced to poor, hungry serfs. “You’ll own nothing and be happy” my back end. I hope all the cruds who are complicit in all this get what’s coming to them. If they were smart they’d come to salvation while there is still time. Otherwise, these kings of the universe are in for one heck of a shock.

Back