Why Are Walmart & Other Major U. S. Retailers Canceling Billions Of Dollars In Orders As Summer Comes To An End?

TimeWarpWife

As the article asks, do they know something most American's don't? Honestly, the way the Biden economy is going ~ downhill fast ~ this doesn't really surprise me. According to recent reports I've read, many Americans are now having to turn to credit cards and high interest "buy now, pay later" loans to buy basic necessities like food and gas, so how would they be able to afford Christmas presents? Biden and his Demonrat comrades may actually not be lying for once when they say the country isn't in a recession because some economists are now saying we've passed a recession and are in the beginnings of a depression. Because the way inflation is calculated has changed, now making it way less than it really is, honest economists are saying inflation is actually somewhere between 17% and 20%. If the Demonrats maintain control of the House and Senate in the coming elections, IMHO this country is finished which is what the Demonrats and their fellow globalists want. :sad https://thewashingtonstandard.com/w...-dollars-in-orders-as-summer-comes-to-an-end/

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Considering what is sitting in containers, there is such a backlog, cancelling orders is smart.

And if we all have to buy electric cars, we won't have money for other stuff.

Do the math.

When you have to eat and cant afford storage lockers, you might just realize how much USLESS JUNK fills most of the stores.

fl2007rn

I think people's spending habits are changing because of inflation and how expensive things cost. People are buying food and other necessities rather than things they don't really need. The major retailers have noticed this trend and are modifying their purchasing contracts. They can't afford the carrying costs to have excess inventory sitting in the store.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think people's spending habits are changing because of inflation and how expensive things cost. Poeple are buying food and other necessities rather than things they don't really need. The major retailers have noticed this trend and are modifying their purchasing contracts. They can't afford the carrying costs to have excess inventory sitting in the store.

I've been walking out of the grocery stores, mostly empty handed and in a bit of shock. It always takes me a while before I'm willing to pay the higer prices. Bread that I was buying for $2.08 is now $4.39 a loaf. Milk is only 10% higher. Sour cream that I was getting for about $1.70 is now $2.99-$3.29. Fresh fruit... I'm not even looking there, am buying dried fruit almost exclusively. As my stocks deplete I'll have to open the wallet the new price reality.

fl2007rn

I've been walking out of the grocery stores, mostly empty handed and in a bit of shock. It always takes me a while before I'm willing to pay the higer prices. Bread that I was buying for $2.08 is now $4.39 a loaf. Milk is only 10% higher. Sour cream that I was getting for about $1.70 is now $2.99-$3.29. Fresh fruit... I'm not even looking there, am buying dried fruit almost exclusively. As my stocks deplete I'll have to open the wallet the new price reality.
Same here in Florida. Every item I buy at the grocery store has gone up at least $1 to $2, some things even more. I hear people in the store openly complaining about the price of things.

LindaLove

I am blessed w/ having a super full pantry right now, I think I could go almost a year w/ only having to buy fresh produce. I’m trying to decide if now is the time to stop buying more and use up my pantry…or if that is a bad idea because then in a year from now prices might be double or even higher and my pantry empty? People who are having to use credit cards for food should really stop and reach out to a food pantry and other sources instead.

ChildofLight

I am blessed w/ having a super full pantry right now, I think I could go almost a year w/ only having to buy fresh produce. I’m trying to decide if now is the time to stop buying more and use up my pantry…or if that is a bad idea because then in a year from now prices might be double or even higher and my pantry empty? People who are having to use credit cards for food should really stop and reach out to a food pantry and other sources instead.
Your situation is exactly where I am now. I buy a bit more though of canned items like Spam and salmon just in case meats disappear.
I have got to wean myself off all junk food and stopping at fast food places when going to or from nursing home. If I could just stay at home, I would do better.

MapleLeaf

My pantry is very paltry and it is mostly junk like ramen noodles. I can't really afford anything else. I am trying to pick up extra canned or frozen veggies that I can at least mix in with the ramen. I stocked up on some beans and rice but my kids are going to have to be really hungry before they will eat that. And it's so frustrating because beans and rice is still quite cheap and keeps in the freezer so well. I could feed my whole family for $8 for several days at least. Granted, you get tired of it by the end but beggars can't be choosy.

I am truly concerned by the news that the stock is being cancelled. It's not the zombie apocalypse or anything but when you're already on the edge you don't know how much more you can take. I think it's dismissive to say "we just have too much junk". Signs of the economy failing affects us all as it spreads down the line. People buying "junk" gives people jobs making that 'junk' so they can buy food and shelter for their families. I mean, I would prefer a more localized economy where people make quality products and repairmen are worth the investment rather than just tossing something because it's cheaper to buy a new one.

heisable2

Another thing to consider is if your pantry is full and you have enough food for a year or so, then you won't have to buy as much
Pushed post too soon.

Start canning, use some of the canned food that is near expiring and make soup or casseroles. Freeze.... wrap securely to prevent freezer burn.

Go to You Tube and get ideas about what to do next.

Lots of ideas there.

If you can't afford food, search to find tips on buying food or where to go to get food. Some family farms allow gleaning.

Lastly, don't stop prepping. You may not need to buy as much and long as you're using your supply, you need to buy, can be or freeze.

Back