Who's listening to Christmas music?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I like ALL the Christmas songs. We sing them from time to time throughout the year. But starting in November we change ALL our music in the home to Christmas music. We particularly like Mark Lowrey's song, "Mary Did You Know?"

ShilohRose

One of my favorite Christmas albums is "Dream a Dream" by Charlotte Church; she made it before she went off the deep end. When she hits those high notes and sings a descant above the main choir on "Joy to the World" and "O Come All Ye Faithful", I get goose bumps. I love to sing with her. lol Like Adrian, I listen to Christmas music all year round, but I begin to seriously listen to it around August or September. I've been practicing "Mary, Did You Know?" on the piano for awhile. The time is a little tricky for me. I love Christmas music -- except for the rap and reggae. Those don't appeal to me.

Círeth

But it's still November! jk, It's always a good time for Christmas Carols but the secular "Christmas" stuff can stay away until December please!

That said I am not listening to carols yet but I might now have to go make a playlist of carols on Spotify.

TheRedeemed

I put my Christmas lights up but didn't want to be the first to flip the switch.
My neighbor turned hers on this week so did I.
It’s a bit early in the UK for the lights and decorations, usually from around the 1st December onwards the trees and lights appear in homes.

It’s becoming more transatlantic now too, until say the last decade we brits only done the inside of our homes, nowadays it’s the gardens and outbuildings that get decorated too. Some of them very inventive and attractive too.

I was in Glasgow city centre on Saturday evening and the festivities were well under way, lovely lights, features, street performers and music. Certainly cheers you up and makes you feel all festive and happy.

The tourists and natives alike were out in droves taking photos and videos of all the displays and sights.

I had a nice time out myself too. I was attending a rock concert supporting my friend and colleague who was in one of the bands, they even sang we wish you a merry Christmas in hard rock style!!