Who will be raptured and who will go through the tribulation?

Patiently...

In Colossians 3:7 it states That we USED to be that way. I think you need to go through to Colossians 3:10 to get the whole picture. We are being renewed in His image. We are all sinners - every one. But as our faith is in Christ we are covered by His blood. We are being changed into His image. As a Christian we are (done) a new creation and we are being (continuously) made in His image until the day we are perfected. Those who are not saved and not covered by Jesus blood are going to face this wrath.

mattfivefour

Patiently has given good doctrine above.

We who have truly repented and accepted Christ as Lord and Savior are, as Scripture makes clear, the children of obedience. Those who have refused Christ are the children of disobedience: this is clear from verses such as Ephesians 2:2. We may be disobedient in certain things as Christians, but the only requirement for salvation is obedience to God's plan of it: namely, faith in Christ and what He did on the Cross. Everything else flows from that. The seeking for obedience in the secondary matters is the process of sanctification, which begins at the moment of salvation and continues—either more quickly or more slowly, depending upon the degree of surrender of the believer's heart—until the person is glorified (ie: taken home to Heaven for eternity.)

Bottom line— according to Scripture ALL true believers are going in the Rapture. Those who have refused Christ (ie: "the sons of disobedience") will experience God's wrath.

Andy C

1 Thessalonians 4:
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Andy C

No need to purchase a ticket, its already been paid for by Him. All believers will be raptured.

From Jack Kelley.

Q
Thank-you for this section of your web site, it has helped so much with my Bible study.

I’m am however having a real hard time seeing in the scripture that everyone who is saved is going in the rapture. When I read some of the parables such as the ten virgins and the watching servants, it seems that Jesus is separating the faithful servant from the unfaithful servant. Could this mean that even though salvation is a gift for belief, the Rapture is a gift for faithfulness?

I also find it hard to believe that Jesus would take anyone in the Rapture that doesn’t even believe the Rapture will happen, Although many that Love the Lord do not believe. Wouldn’t this be against their free will?

A
Although some teachers use the parables of the 10 virgins (Matt 25: 1-13) and the faithful servants (Matt 24:45-51) to justify a partial rapture based on worthiness, they are incorrect. First of all, Starting in Matt. 24:36everything that follows has to do with the day of His 2nd Coming and afterward. And second, the foolish virgins and the unfaithful servants are both disowned by the Lord and sent to hell. No one will be sent to hell for not believing in the Rapture.

These parables describe the separation of those who become believers during the Great Tribulation after the Church is gone and are still alive when He returns, from those who don’t.

I’ve often joked that the Lord should give each person the rapture he believes in, but the fact is that the Rapture is something that will happen to all Church age believers whether they think it will or not. The clearest description of the rapture is in 1 Thes. 4:16-18 and it doesn’t support the partial rapture theory. Nor does any other Rapture passage.

The Rapture is like gravity. Even your free will cannot prevent it. It exists whether you believe in it or not. And believe me, no one will be upset about being forced to go after they see what we inherit. A believer’s lack of faith will be addressed at the Bema Seat Judgment, where it will disqualify him or her for rewards (1 Cor. 3:10-15) but not for participation in the Rapture.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/a-partial-rapture/

Kim Stuever

Patiently has given good doctrine above.

We who have truly repented and accepted Christ as Lord and Savior are, as Scripture makes clear, the children of obedience. Those who have refused Christ are the children of disobedience: this is clear from verses such as Ephesians 2:2. We may be disobedient in certain things as Christians, but the only requirement for salvation is obedience to God's plan of it: namely, faith in Christ and what He did on the Cross. Everything else flows from that. The seeking for obedience in the secondary matters is the process of sanctification, which begins at the moment of salvation and continues—either more quickly or more slowly, depending upon the degree of surrender of the believer's heart—until the person is glorified (ie: taken home to Heaven for eternity.)

Bottom line— according to Scripture ALL true believers are going in the Rapture. Those who have refused Christ (ie: "the sons of disobedience") will experience God's wrath.

Alrighty then Ephesians 2:2 is what I was looking for

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.:thankyou

Kim Stuever

1 Thessalonians 4:
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Here's another way to look at it...if there were a partial rapture then what do you do with the dead in Christ? Wouldn't the same rules apply to them too? Them not being able to go in the rapture under certain conditions. It can't therefore no partial rapture. :)

Love His Appearing

A question that is a bit off topic, but you will see how I got there...

Is "partial rapture" the same thing as "multiple rapture?" I realize both are not PRE-trib rapture, but I see both terms thrown about on here and have always been curious about them.

Hol

Worships Him
A question that is a bit off topic, but you will see how I got there...

Is "partial rapture" the same thing as "multiple rapture?" I realize both are not PRE-trib rapture, but I see both terms thrown about on here and have always been curious about them.
I'll wait for others to respond, but multiple raptures is new to me! Do you mean tribulation saints go in stages?

Celery7

"There are a couple of different sources for the notion of a partial rapture. One was developed by church leaders who believe that there needs to be some kind of behavioral qualification to receive such a blessing. It’s a combination of grace plus works that has no biblical basis and denies the sufficiency of our Lord’s death on the cross."

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/partial-rapture-theories/

I've noticed that this partial rapture teaching has been infiltrating churches in my area. Partial Rapture is a pseudo pretrib as in -- only those who are truly worthy (a christian who lived a less sinful life) will escape the tribulation .

Last edited:

Andrew

Well known member
It’s a combination of grace plus works that has no biblical basis and denies the sufficiency of our Lord’s death on the cross."
Exactly! No biblical basis. Only the church is raptured and that includes all its members, whether dead in Christ or alive, as shown in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Ethereal

I am so afraid that He won't take me in the Rapture. I don't feel worthy. I am also a little confused about whether it is just before or just after Antichrist appears? I am pre-trib but can see some merit to it being mid-trib too.

Andy C

I am so afraid that He won't take me in the Rapture. I don't feel worthy. I am also a little confused about whether it is just before or just after Antichrist appears? I am pre-trib but can see some merit to it being mid-trib too.
None of us are worthy based on our behaviors while in our natural bodies. However, for those who believe in Jesus as their Savior, and are now children of God, we are deemed worthy based on what He did on the cross.

The church will be raptured before the AC is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 2:
2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

RonJohnSilver

None of us are worthy. It is by God's grace.
There is only one rapture, only one, 1, uno, ein.
There is no partial rapture, staged rapture or anything similar. One rapture, 1, and if you are a believer, you go.
You cannot know the date. It is imminent, any time.
The rapture is not tied to any event, festival, feast, or anything else. It is imminent.
The rapture is pre-trib. Some disagree, o.k., but the biblical evidence is overwhelmingly pre-trib. ...not pre-wrath, not post-trib, pre-trib, pre- as in before the tribulation(s). Avoiding the tribulation judgments is one of the benefits given to the Church.

Last edited:
Back