Who Pays for These Week-Long Funerals?

GotGrace

When John McCain passed away they dragged him around for a week. If that was his wish and the family paid for all of it okay.

Now Mr. Lewis has passed away and it is taking a week to bury him. The same here if that was his desire and the family pays.

Who pays for all this?

Why is one day of services not enough?

I would understand if they were Presidents.

What am I missing here to feel this way.

SBH29

I personally would not want anyone make such an ordeal over my life/death, I'm no one special that's for sure.

Cloud Watcher

I wanted to learn more about the man, as far as his politics. According to ontheissues.org he was a hard core liberal. He was very pro-abortion, pro alphabet soup group, anti-capital punishment, and pro open borders.

And yet, I read he was an ordained Baptist minister.

Doesn't compute.

RobinMc

When John McCain passed away they dragged him around for a week. If that was his wish and the family paid for all of it okay.

Now Mr. Lewis has passed away and it is taking a week to bury him. The same here if that was his desire and the family pays.

Who pays for all this?

Why is one day of services not enough?

I would understand if they were Presidents.

What am I missing here to feel this way.
Come on, you know it's us paying.

Lovin Jesus

But........due to coronavirus and the “ high risk” of infection, the average person is not permitted to hold funerals, even for a spouse or a loved one. And........in person church attendance is not allowed. But here we are with the exception to the rule. The usual liberal “ rules for thee but not for me””