Who is mattfivefour?

ItIsFinished!

I'm actually praying about what to write. I think soon i will actually start putting something down.
Hello :wave

Psalms 111: 1-4 (KJV)
1- Praise ye the Lord , I will praise the Lord with my whole heart , in the assembly of the upright , and in the congregation.
2- The works of the Lord are great , sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
3- His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4- He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion .

Much love in Christ.

Brother Albert R.

Thank you Adrian for your open and powerful words from the heart. I am touched by your words , as so many others who have read your testimony. I have posted the KJV Prayer of Manasseh because when I first read it years ago it touched me. It may not be his real prayer, but it does give a strong sense of true repentance.

Bible, King James Version

Prayer of Manasseh
O Lord, Almighty God of our fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and of their righteous seed; who hast made heaven and earth, with all the ornament thereof; who hast bound the sea by the word of thy commandment; who hast shut up the deep, and sealed it by thy terrible and glorious name; whom all men fear, and tremble before thy power; for the majesty of thy glory cannot be borne, and thine angry threatening toward sinners is importable: but thy merciful promise is unmeasurable and unsearchable; for thou art the most high Lord, of great compassion, longsuffering, very merciful, and repentest of the evils of men. Thou, O Lord, according to thy great goodness hast promised repentance and forgiveness to them that have sinned against thee: and of thine infinite mercies hast appointed repentance unto sinners, that they may be saved. Thou therefore, O Lord, that art the God of the just, hast not appointed repentance to the just, as to Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, which have not sinned against thee; but thou hast appointed repentance unto me that am a sinner: for I have sinned above the number of the sands of the sea. My transgressions, O Lord, are multiplied: my transgressions are multiplied, and I am not worthy to behold and see the height of heaven for the multitude of mine iniquities. I am bowed down with many iron bands, that I cannot life up mine head, neither have any release: for I have provoked thy wrath, and done evil before thee: I did not thy will, neither kept I thy commandments: I have set up abominations, and have multiplied offences. Now therefore I bow the knee of mine heart, beseeching thee of grace. I have sinned, O Lord, I have sinned, and I acknowledge mine iniquities: wherefore, I humbly beseech thee, forgive me, O Lord, forgive me, and destroy me not with mine iniquites. Be not angry with me for ever, by reserving evil for me; neither condemn me to the lower parts of the earth. For thou art the God, even the God of them that repent; and in me thou wilt shew all thy goodness: for thou wilt save me, that am unworthy, according to thy great mercy. Therefore I will praise thee for ever all the days of my life: for all the powers of the heavens do praise thee, and thine is the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, brother. While I do not read the KJV Apocrypha, and while this prayer seems overly ornate for my taste, it does indeed give a strong sense of true repentance! This is the true attitude of a repentant sinner: recognizing both the authority of God and the wickedness of their own acts and the heart from which those acts sprang. I had never read it before. Thank you for sharing it.

Endangered

This member is also known by his acronym of M54. I dont know this guy personally but M54 sounds like one of those scary 3 letter departments like CIA, DEA, HSD, IRS, FBI.
Many of his posts are very insightful so he probably has access to inside info.
He must be a good guy though cuz he is a dog lover.
I think Mr. Spock said it best: M54, live long and prosper.

InsuranceGuy

I can say this after meeting Adrian several times now. He's a genuine man. I don't ever really compliment people as I usually don't trust, nor believe, many people. It's a personal experience thing. With Adrian (and Andrea), you know right away their heart is truly with God. It shows on every phone call and at every meeting. If I had their perseverance, I'd be a much happier person. When I first met him, I thought he was just another Canadian Felon (inside joke), but he's really just a man trying to live for the Lord. His knowledge is more impressive when you aren't reading it online. I wish he could just travel the country and meet with everyone. I wish I could too, although you would get much more sound teaching from him. I would just want you to buy me French fries..... He's a good man. When it time comes, he will hear "Well done my good and faithful servant", of that, you can be guaranteed.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I can say this after meeting Adrian several times now. He's a genuine man. I don't ever really compliment people as I usually don't trust, nor believe, many people. It's a personal experience thing. With Adrian (and Andrea), you know right away their heart is truly with God. It shows on every phone call and at every meeting. If I had their perseverance, I'd be a much happier person. When I first met him, I thought he was just another Canadian Felon (inside joke), but he's really just a man trying to live for the Lord. His knowledge is more impressive when you aren't reading it online. I wish he could just travel the country and meet with everyone. I wish I could too, although you would get much more sound teaching from him. I would just want you to buy me French fries..... He's a good man. When it time comes, he will hear "Well done my good and faithful servant", of that, you can be guaranteed.
I don't know what to say brother, but thank you. However, let me assure you and everyone else that I am not a good man. As Jesus said, There is none good (Mark 10:18 etc) and I know myself how true that is. But I can also assure you that God in me IS good. So, if you see anything good, it's Him! :nod Glory to His name!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I don't know what to say brother, but thank you. However, let me assure you and everyone else that I am not a good man. As Jesus said, There is none good (Mark 10:18 etc) and I know myself how true that is. But I can also assure you that God in me IS good. So, if you see anything good, it's Him! :nod Glory to His name!
I totally :thumbup:thumbup agree that any good from this person is from the Holy Spirit who resides in me! Our flesh is weak, but the Spirit gives us truth and strength. :amen

God's Servant

I was reading your testimony whilst at work. I couldn't put it down. lol

But seriously, your story has resonated with me, and though we are decades apart in age and grew up in different times/cultures/areas. I can connect with a lot of what happened to you. But the part that almost made me break down in tears at work, was when you were in that hotel room, pleading with God to keep you and make you His, fully. I am at that point now in my walk with God. Most of my life has been sin, then for brief periods I stop and start building a relationship with God, strongly, then I fall back into old ways. But now I'm at the point I'm extremely sick of it, I'm on the floor crying out to God to not let me go back to sin, I would rather lose an arm or be paralyzed but saved, than to keep going back to separation from God because the depression is crippling. But anyways, reading that you finally overcame that through Him, God was telling me the time is coming when I will not depart from Him again, He will make me His once and for all. I'm not there yet, but I'm hungrily seeking it. And your testimony has given me hope, and now I see I am NOT the only person on this planet who has gone through these kinds of situations. I'm not special, though for a time I thought I was, and it was a sin to think so.

So I thank God for you and your testimony of God's unfailing faith and power to change us. I'm not alone, finally!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Daniel, regardless of our sin, regardless of our failures, regardless of our weaknesses, God's grace is greater still. Do you think God didn't know you would sin when He saved you? Do you think He didn't foreknow your failures? Do you imagine that He somehow was unaware that there would be times that your love for your sin or your inability to really trust Him would lead you to turn away and fall back into old habits that were pleasing to your flesh? Of course He did; but yet He saved you.

One of Satan's greatest weapons to separate us from God is using our sin, our weakness, and our willfulness against us. He speaks condemnation to our minds and, of course, that just makes sense to us. If we fail, we expect to be punished. Therefore we listen to Satan's lies and, without realizing it, in the process we ignore God's grace. You see, Daniel, we just do not truly understand God or His grace or His love for us; nor do we grasp His purpose in our lives. He is not working to reform us, He is working to transform us. And only He can do that work. We cannot ourselves accomplish any part of that. And that is the hardest thing for us to grasp. We are convinced that if we are to be changed then we must change! But the truth is we can not even help in the process.

Now, we do have a role in our being changed, but it is not through any exercise of mental strength or willpower. It is by choosing to trust God to do the work and by cooperating by having a humble and teachable spirit. When God shows us our weakness, or an area in which we need to change, our job is to begin praying for Him to make us zealous for the change. We need to tell Him we know we need to change, we need to ask Him to make the desire for the change to burn within our heart, and we need to ask him to replace the wrong thing with something godly. In other words, when God makes us aware of something in us that is not in conformity with His Word and His will, we need to set our will to cooperate with Him so that His power can effect the change.

Jesus Christ is the sole source of EVERY blessing and the fount of every victory. The Cross is the sole means by which He makes all of it available to us. Our faith in that alone is what unlocks the door for us to receive it. And the Holy Spirit is the One who works the work, producing the will of the Father in us and our lives.

So, please understand that our failures do not invalidate his Word, or His work. He WILL accomplish His will. Nor do our failures raise His ire, or diminish His love for us. Brother, we need to trust in those truths. That is faith. And it applies to Egypt aspect of our life. You see, if we can accept that we have been saved by God's grace through faith, we have to also accept that we are being sanctified by God's grace through faith. In other words, our sanctification is as much by faith alone in Christ's finished work on the Cross alone, as was our salvation.

When we can grasp these truths, then we can create striving and fully enter into the rest of Christ promised to His people.

I pray this helps. Please forgive any typos: it's 3 in the morning here and I have to be up early. I'll proofread it tomorrow and make any corrections.

JamesSuth

Jesus Christ is the sole source of EVERY blessing and the fount of every victory. The Cross is the sole means by which He makes all of it available to us. Our faith in that alone is what unlocks the door for us to receive it. And the Holy Spirit is the One who works the work, producing the will of the Father in us and our lives.
I have heard many messages from Charles Stanley were he said it is not up to us to live the Christian life but rather to let Christ live through us. I think you have summed up that concept very well above. It took me so long to understand it and I was so frustrated for not understanding something so simple. I hope that I am beginning to let Christ live through me. At other times I just hope that I am saved. I sometimes think of Jeremiah 17:9 about the heart being deceitful above all things and wonder what my condition really is. It is normal for people who are unsaved to think they are. But I know that I am sinful, that Christ died for me, and I want Him to be ruler of my life, and this world.

Adrian, thank you so much for sharing your testimony. It is powerful and gives all the glory to God. I feel the same as you, so much regret for the past, and a knowledge that if there is a good thing in me, it is God and not me. It is such an encouragement to read what you have written.