White House Rejects Personal Attack on Netanyahu

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
National Security Council says 'chickensh**t' insult to Netanyahu is 'counterproductive,' and 'not the Administration's view.'
By Tova Dvorin
First Publish: 10/29/2014, 6:01 PM / Last Update: 10/29/2014, 8:11 PM
Barack Obama, Binyamin Netanyahu

The White House is distancing itself from slanderous comments by an unnamed Obama administration official on Wednesday, after the official was quoted by Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic as having called Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu "chickens**t", as well as “recalcitrant, myopic, reactionary, obtuse, blustering, pompous, and ‘Aspergery." "Certainly that's not the Administration's view, and we think such comments are inappropriate and counter-productive," said Alistair Baskey, a spokesman for the National Security Council, stated Wednesday.

"Prime Minister Netanyahu and the President have forged an effective partnership, and consult closely and frequently, including earlier this month when the President hosted the Prime Minister in the Oval Office." Baskey further explained away the comments - which follow strong criticism from the US State Department against Israel building Jewish homes in Jerusalem - by saying that 'disagreements' between the two governments have been blown out of proportion.

"Obviously, despite the extremely close relationship between the U.S. and Israel, we do not agree on every issue. For instance, we have repeatedly made clear the United States' longstanding view that settlement activity is illegitimate and complicates efforts to achieve a two-state solution," he said.

more......................White House Rejects Personal Attack on Netanyahu - News from America - News - Arutz Sheva

DanLMP

"Obviously, despite the extremely close relationship between the U.S. and Israel, we do not agree on every issue. For instance, we have repeatedly made clear the United States' longstanding view that settlement activity is illegitimate and complicates efforts to achieve a two-state solution," he said.
They are trying to make it sound like just two "buds" who don't get along once and awhile.

I wouldn't characterized the US push for Israel to commit national suicide as an "extremely close relationship" where "we do not agree on every issue".

iSong6:3

Yep. :(( And I would also disagree that the comments by the *unnamed source* are not the view of the Obama Administration. We've heard this same view expressed by Obama himself, several times.

AndyM

Saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ
WOwa is US ever pushing Gods buttons. One of these days kabooooooom !!!!

DanLMP

Yep. :(( And I would also disagree that the comments by the *unnamed source* are not the view of the Obama Administration. We've heard this same view expressed by Obama himself, several times.
Hey iSong, I was gonna answer with that on another post. You "stole my thunder". :poke:
(Feeling pokey tonight).

Timna

Mho is that this "evidence" of the brilliance of the WH :rolleyes came right from the bowels of the WH, the CEO occupier, and "rejecting" this personal attack was for two reasons. One, was because of political pressure and the second was simply to use this as a forum to launch a (somewhat) more benign attack on Israel (and get publicity to rehash their demands) for not kowtowing to the dictates of the head Sunni Moslem and his brainless anti-Semitic minions.