Where is Meshech and Tubal?

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
That's interesting. I have read about that too. I've always wondered why the Revelation 20 rebellion after the millennium uses the same name Gog and Magog and even describes it as "the four corners of the earth". If Germany and Austria are involved, that would make it an even larger war, and their forces would come from the western corner.

Germany and the former Austro-Hungarian empire were the bad guys in WWI. And as if they haven't learned their lesson, they repeated the same mistake in WWII. So it isn't out of character for them to get involved and attack Israel in the Ezekiel 38 War.
Personally, I am not sure that Germany (the nation today) will be involved in Ezek 38-39. I am of the opinion that part the land that Gomer inhabited or migrated into was Germany/Austria for sure, but that the reference to Gomer in that passage refers to the land Russia has taken, Crimea, which was also Gomers land. Also Gomer migrated south into Asia Minor. So it is just safe to say any of the land just to the south, east, and just to the north of the Black Sea could be called Gomer. See the map I posted and the red circles. Post #13

Hidden

Personally, I am not sure that Germany (the nation today) will be involved in Ezek 38-39. I am of the opinion that part the land that Gomer inhabited or migrated into was Germany/Austria for sure, but that the reference to Gomer in that passage refers to the land Russia has taken, Crimea, which was also Gomers land. Also Gomer migrated south into Asia Minor. So it is just safe to say any of the land just to the south, east, and just to the north of the Black Sea could be called Gomer. See the map I posted and the red circles. Post #13

I guess we won't be so sure until the actual war. I floated the idea that other muslim North African countries to the west of Libya could be involved. I got that from another commentator although I can't remember who as I was reading so many articles yesterday. If Western nations such as Germany and North African nations join the fray, we're potentially looking at a war the scale of which may be even bigger than WWII.

mikhen7

I guess we won't be so sure until the actual war. I floated the idea that other muslim North African countries to the west of Libya could be involved. I got that from another commentator although I can't remember who as I was reading so many articles yesterday. If Western nations such as Germany and North African nations join the fray, we're potentially looking at a war the scale of which may be even bigger than WWII.
There definitely will be North African nations involved, Persia (Iran), Ethiopia, and Libya are with them (Russia). And Russia has troops on the ground in Libya and has for awhile. This is an interesting article. When you read you will see the involvement they have in Libya. Eventually, the title of the article will become Obsolete, because I believe Russia will go in with greater force and get their way in Libya. It is prophesied. The other alternative is the pro-Russian Libyan forces win the political battle and side with Russia in the attack on Israel.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/02/russia-may-have-met-its-match-in-libya/

Hidden

There definitely will be North African nations involved, Persia (Iran), Ethiopia, and Libya are with them (Russia). And Russia has troops on the ground in Libya and has for awhile. This is an interesting article. When you read you will see the involvement they have in Libya. Eventually, the title of the article will become Obsolete, because I believe Russia will go in with greater force and get their way in Libya. It is prophesied. The other alternative is the pro-Russian Libyan forces win the political battle and side with Russia in the attack on Israel.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/02/russia-may-have-met-its-match-in-libya/

Iran, Russia, Turkey, Sudan, and Libya are a given. Ethiopia, not very sure. When I said North Africa nations to the west of Libya, I was referring to the possible involvement of other muslim nations such as Algeria, Tunisia, Northern Nigeria, Niger, and Chad. Not saying that is how it will turn out but this war might be much bigger than the previous world wars and could very well be WWIII.

mikhen7

I see what you meant :) . I mentioned Ethiopia because the verse:
(Eze 38:5) "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet;" (NKJV),
mentions Ethiopia. But Heb. Cush and Put - More Scholars are taking Cush to not be Ethiopia but today's South Sudan.

antitox

Iran, Russia, Turkey, Sudan, and Libya are a given. Ethiopia, not very sure. When I said North Africa nations to the west of Libya, I was referring to the possible involvement of other muslim nations such as Algeria, Tunisia, Northern Nigeria, Niger, and Chad. Not saying that is how it will turn out but this war might be much bigger than the previous world wars and could very well be WWIII.

That is indeed a possibility. I figure with many nations involved it would lend to the prophecy in Ezek 39 that Israel would have so much weapons and equipment to burn for 7 years.

Ovicula

I am the granddaughter of a literal Nazi. (Even though he hated Hitler he still fought and many would never forgive that...

All German men from the age of 18 were obliged to do military service. A refusal was not possible. All 18 year olds were drafted. After reaching the age of 20, the conscripts had to do active service in the Wehrmacht for two years.

Towards the end of the war almost without exception all men were conscripted into military service.

I have gotten abuse for being German throughout my life)

A German :hug :console from me to You! :hug

There is no hereditary guilt for all subsequent generations.

The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. - Ezekiel 18:20

We must not and should not forget this historic time, but we who are alive today were not there, and atrocities happened sadly and repeatedly, worldwide, and not only by Germans.

The Nazis were never able to achieve a majority of votes with a turnout of between 80% and 90%, although dictatorial instruments were already being used before the Reichstag elections in March 1933 (the last Reichstag election in which more than one party participated).

The government (Hitler's cabinet) also benefited from the Reichstag fire in the night from the 27th to the 28th of February 1933.

With the help of the decree issued the following day by the President of the Reich to protect the people and the state ("Reichstag Fire Decree"), the basic rights were suspended.

How "opponents of the regime" were dealt with afterwards is probably sufficiently known.

mikhen7

I grew up being taught that Homer is Germany....it's only been the last 15 to 20 years that I've listened to teachers that say it's Turkey.....so...I'm not dogmatic on either....
Hee Hee, I'm glad I am not the only one who makes typos - Homer or Gomer? :)
84886-homer-angle-bart-area-marge-simpson.png
165px-Jim_Nabors_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped.jpg

katt

I Would love to read a book on the millennium that covered this very last war from page one to the ending of it in the very last chapter..with an epolog of the judgement and the new earth...with whats going on with us..surviving animals and why the burning of earth was necessary..the sciences of what's happening on earth..etc...the book would be fiction of course...it would pick a few family's from certain political and religious groups...and follow them for a thousand years of existence...maybe it would have to be a series...show how even with a perfect earth and a perfect Government and almost no crime....how does that war take root and consist of over half the population of the planet?....this book could be full of all the wonderful things the millennium holds for the people of it's time...with survivers from the trib still alive to witness to everyone what life used to be like and why would anyone in their right mind want to go back to it...just watch the ancient news footage of those days..do you really want to go back there?..really....it would be a great book series...now...who do we want to write it?..Joel Rosenberg?...Frank Peretti?..Tedd Dekker?...A collaboration of all three?...Someone else?

mikhen7

I Would love to read a book on the millennium that covered this very last war from page one to the ending of it in the very last chapter..with an epolog of the judgement and the new earth...with whats going on with us..surviving animals and why the burning of earth was necessary..the sciences of what's happening on earth..etc...the book would be fiction of course...it would pick a few family's from certain political and religious groups...and follow them for a thousand years of existence...maybe it would have to be a series...show how even with a perfect earth and a perfect Government and almost no crime....how does that war take root and consist of over half the population of the planet?....this book could be full of all the wonderful things the millennium holds for the people of it's time...with survivers from the trib still alive to witness to everyone what life used to be like and why would anyone in their right mind want to go back to it...just watch the ancient news footage of those days..do you really want to go back there?..really....it would be a great book series...now...who do we want to write it?..Joel Rosenberg?...Frank Peretti?..Tedd Dekker?...A collaboration of all three?...Someone else?
Well just give it some time, I am in the process of doing just that. It is a fictional account based upon facts of what life will be like prior to the Millennium, during the Millennium, and after the Millennium. Hope to have it finished and published toward the End of the Year. I have been writing it for over 6 months now. Pray for me to get it completed. Working against a deadline.

Almost Heaven

I have not read that one. What were your thoughts?
It was part of a series I read long ago. "The Third Millennium, " The Fourth Millennium," and "Beyond the Millennium". I loved the first book, the second book was nowhere near as good as the first and I never bothered to read the third book of the series. It was too "entertaining" and speculative, I couldn't get behind it theologically (is that a word) and it was hard to believe the same writer had penned the first book. I highly recommend the first book of the series. Unfortunately I would also recommend skipping the last 2 books of the series.

katt

Well just give it some time, I am in the process of doing just that. It is a fictional account based upon facts of what life will be like prior to the Millennium, during the Millennium, and after the Millennium. Hope to have it finished and published toward the End of the Year. I have been writing it for over 6 months now. Pray for me to get it completed. Working against a deadline.

Please let me know when your book hits the market...do you have others?

GEOINTAnalyst

Meschech and Tubal are the ancient Moschi/Mushki and Tubalu/Tibareni peoples who dwelt in the area around, primarily south of, the Black and Caspian Seas in Ezekiel's day. Meshech and Tubal are mentioned together in Ezekiel 27:13 as trading partners with ancient Tyre (modern Lebanon). Today these regions are in Turkey, probably including parts of southern Russia and northern Iran. Meshech was located near what was known as Phrygia, in central and western Asia Minor, while Tubal was located in eastern Asia Minor. So Meshech and Tubal form portions of modern Turkey. However, later they migrated north into Russia.

Herodotus, the 5th century BC Greek philosopher, mentioned Meshech and Tubal. He identified them with a people named the Sarmatians and Mushovites who lived at that time in the ancient province of Pontus in northern Asia Minor, SE of the Black Sea [Histories IV], again pointing to modern Turkey.

Josephus said that the people of his day known as the Moschevi and Thobelites were founded by Meshech and Tubal respectively [Antiquities I.6].

Expositors Bible Commentary: “Meshech and Tubal refer to areas in eastern Turkey, southwest Russia and northwest of Iran.”

Assyrian texts & monuments locate Meshech (Mushku) and Tubal (Tabal) in Anatolia (Western Turkey), the areas that became known as Phyygia and Cappadocia.

Today this region is predominantly Islamic. While modern Turkey has been secular, pro-western with a good relationship with Israel (particularly in the military), recently Turkey has swung back towards a return to a stronger Islamic and anti-Israel identification

So my research and beliefs is that both Russia and Turkey are valid they started out in what is now Turkey and migrated north into Russia.
In any case, between them, Magog, Rosh, Mechesh and Tubal certainly represent RUSSIA leading the CIS Republics along with TURKEY. After RUSSIA it seems that TURKEY and IRAN must be the major players in this Invasion from the North.

Who is fighting in Syria right now? - Russia , Turkey, Iran.

Back