Where is heaven?

baf

Let me tell you a true story. Earlier this year my wife and I took our two nephews (14 and 6) to the top of Mt. Washington in NH via the Cog Railway. It was a bad weather day on the mountains so we passed through the clouds. At that point the littlest one asked if we were in Heaven. And I replied, "Kind of". He then started waving his hand and saying, "Hi God, I'm here". He had the most innocent beautiful smile I have ever seen and he literally had a glow around his face. A soft shimmering golden glow. So I would say Heaven is (or God's presence) is where ever the simple love and belief of a 7 year child calling out to God is. So yes Virginia there is a real Heaven. As a further note, I believe the "tunnel" all the near deathers talk about is actually a dimension doorway, if you will, that protects us on our journey up from the dimensions Satan and his Ilk rule on our way to heaven. I believe that is why one of Lucifer's titles is, "Prince of Air" . There are stories in the old testament of Angels dealing with demons on a mission to humans.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Let me tell you a true story. Earlier this year my wife and I took our two nephews (14 and 6) to the top of Mt. Washington in NH via the Cog Railway. It was a bad weather day on the mountains so we passed through the clouds. At that point the littlest one asked if we were in Heaven. And I replied, "Kind of". He then started waving his hand and saying, "Hi God, I'm here". He had the most innocent beautiful smile I have ever seen and he literally had a glow around his face. A soft shimmering golden glow. So I would say Heaven is (or God's presence) is where ever the simple love and belief of a 7 year child calling out to God is. So yes Virginia there is a real Heaven

What a sweet story! :nod

And.....

:welcome

pixelpusher

Let me tell you a true story. Earlier this year my wife and I took our two nephews (14 and 6) to the top of Mt. Washington in NH via the Cog Railway. It was a bad weather day on the mountains so we passed through the clouds. At that point the littlest one asked if we were in Heaven. And I replied, "Kind of". He then started waving his hand and saying, "Hi God, I'm here". He had the most innocent beautiful smile I have ever seen and he literally had a glow around his face. A soft shimmering golden glow. So I would say Heaven is (or God's presence) is where ever the simple love and belief of a 7 year child calling out to God is. So yes Virginia there is a real Heaven. As a further note, I believe the "tunnel" all the near deathers talk about is actually a dimension doorway, if you will, that protects us on our journey up from the dimensions Satan and his Ilk rule on our way to heaven. I believe that is why one of Lucifer's titles is, "Prince of Air" . There are stories in the old testament of Angels dealing with demons on a mission to humans.
Lol, I recall flying as a little kid, and worrying the plane might run into God.

Welcome!

Radah

Hi everyone, I’m a fairly new believer and recent world events are really making me fearful about the end times. I have a lot of questions about the rapture, but I guess I’ll just start with this one.

Is heaven a literal place? And when we are raptured we all go “up”, but depending on where we are on the earth “up” is a different direction… ie: Southern Hemisphere vs northern hemisphere.

I hope this doesn’t sound silly, but I take the word literally and I want to understand

I guess another question is…
If the point of being a Christian is to spend eternity with Christ, and the rapture is the way Christians will get there in this age, then what’s stopping someone from committing suicide to get there faster?

I know that’s a lot, but any insight would be appreciated! I’m eager for the truth.
If I had to take a stab at this I'd say heaven is up there somewhere. Not beneath the pale moonlight but above the stars in a galaxy far far away. I could be off but maybe not?

daygo

Nice one.

paul289

I believe that heaven is an extra-dimensional plane of existence that is better able to be a home for God's glory. Nothing that is created is truly able to contain His glory, but our present 3 spatial and 1 time dimension are wholly inadequate. Being in (an) alternate dimension(s) will be better able to capture the essence of God's glory, though. But with being in alternate dimensions, heaven could be adjacent to our own existence, or it could be outside of our universe entirely, as we don't really know what the extra dimensions are like. Hell, likewise, could be in alternate dimensions, though they're likely different from those occupied by heaven. There will be a new heaven, though. At the end of the Millennial Reign, the present heaven will be destroyed and remade. Was heaven stained by sin as well as the Earth? It seems to be the case. I wager it was because of Satan's sin, and that of the angels though, not Adam's, but I'm not dogmatic on that.

I'm still not sure where raptured believers will spend the 1000 years, whether in the New Jerusalem (Heaven), or on the Earth, or where we'll spend eternity afterwards, but I kinda think it'll be New Jerusalem, then Earth, with lots of exploring of the Universe and learning all about God and the Bible, being instructed by Jesus, but this is all just speculation on my part.

Hidden

I believe that heaven is an extra-dimensional plane of existence that is better able to be a home for God's glory. Nothing that is created is truly able to contain His glory, but our present 3 spatial and 1 time dimension are wholly inadequate. Being in (an) alternate dimension(s) will be better able to capture the essence of God's glory, though. But with being in alternate dimensions, heaven could be adjacent to our own existence, or it could be outside of our universe entirely, as we don't really know what the extra dimensions are like. Hell, likewise, could be in alternate dimensions, though they're likely different from those occupied by heaven. There will be a new heaven, though. At the end of the Millennial Reign, the present heaven will be destroyed and remade. Was heaven stained by sin as well as the Earth? It seems to be the case. I wager it was because of Satan's sin, and that of the angels though, not Adam's, but I'm not dogmatic on that.

I'm still not sure where raptured believers will spend the 1000 years, whether in the New Jerusalem (Heaven), or on the Earth, or where we'll spend eternity afterwards, but I kinda think it'll be New Jerusalem, then Earth, with lots of exploring of the Universe and learning all about God and the Bible, being instructed by Jesus, but this is all just speculation on my part.

The Church will get a head start on eternity, and I think that will serve as a reminder for the mortals in the Millennium that eternity awaits after this 7,000-year stretch of time is over.

Kelpe

I listen to Adrian Rogers on CSN Radio on my way to work in the morning. This was one of his quotes:
"We see the first Heaven by day. We see the second Heaven by night. We see the third Heaven by faith."

Like PixelPusher said earlier, Paul saw the 3rd Heaven in 2 Corinthians 12. He heard and saw things that couldn't be repeated on Earth. I tend to think because it was so unbelievably awesome, he couldn't describe it. Shock and awe, maybe? John was also caught up - "Come up here" through a door open in Heaven in Revelation 4:1.

We won't/can't understand everything this side of Heaven - His ways are not our ways, but seek Him by reading your Bible and listening to sound teaching will help you.

Dragontiger777

Three realm...

1st Here (We are here the Earth and Sky)

2nd Space (Out of the Earth space)

3rd is (we can't see as invisible that is Kingdom Heaven (as we know that Enoch, Eliah, etc... is at third realm. As Jesus leave to Heaven and Angels told them go spread the Gospel/ as the People see Jesus enter Heaven.

that is me believe remember we can't see spiritual or demon because of we put ourselves shield armor Ephesian 6

pixelpusher

I'm still not sure where raptured believers will spend the 1000 years, whether in the New Jerusalem (Heaven), or on the Earth,
Revelation 5 shows we will serve/reign on the Earth...

8 When He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song:
“Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals,
because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased for God
those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom
and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign upon the earth.”

Glorydaz

8 When He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song:
I think that is talking about the Jews.
:cop

paul289

I think that is talking about the Jews.
:cop
I disagree. It says those purchased are from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation. Who was purchased? Those who Christ died for. What does the purchase entail? Reserving a place for us in heaven. If it were talking about Jews, it would have been worded differently, and the timing would likely be different. This seems to be just before the Tribulation, or right at the outset, since the seals have not yet been opened. Additionally, it is after the Rapture, because those who are purchased are now a kingdom and priests. I don't believe that we can be royalty and priesthood in our sinful flesh. Jesus was seen by Peter, James, and John entering his kingdom when he was transfigured, so we also become his kingdom when we are transfigured at the Rapture. Anyways, the Jews are still largely unsaved at this point, so they cannot be royalty and a priesthood. Israel does again call on the Lord and believe in Jesus, but not until later. This passage is also quite chronological, as we see that the Lamb was in the past slain, the people from all over the world were purchased, and they were in the past made a kingdom and priests, and in the future they will reign upon the earth. Additionally, the 24 elders are present, humans, so this is post rapture, too. I don't believe that humans are in heaven until the Rapture. And if most Jews are not raptured, then they cannot be part of the Kingdom at the time that this is uttered. Hope this helps!

Glorydaz

When do you think that reign will be?