Where Could I Go?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Where Could I Go?
By Dennis Huebshman

As we move closer to the end of this age, things in our past that seemed so important, are not nearly as significant now. Possessions that we believed we just had to have in our youth and through middle age, barely raise an interest any more. What is important today are the relationships we had with family and loved ones who have crossed over to the next life, and the longing of being with them again. The most important factor today is that we’ve received and accepted Jesus as our eternal Savior, and have become a part of His precious flock. We pray daily for any loved ones who may not have called out to Him yet, that they would do so before it’s too late. (ESV – all emphasis mine)

This world that we currently live in is rapidly moving toward the “dark side”, and will soon face the worst seven year period of time that ever has been, or will be on this earth. Satan will basically be turned loose for that time to create as much havoc as he wishes. Jesus said in Matthew 24:22; “And if those days had not been cut short, no human would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.”

Prior to the start of the tribulation, all who will have received and accepted Jesus as their Savior will be removed from the earth to keep us from the wrath, as promised by the Father in 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10; and Revelation 3:10. The event that will take place is called the Harpazo, Rapture or Taking Up. It is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

For anyone who would think this will be a drawn-out event, 1 Corinthians 15:52 states; “in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last Trumpet. For the Trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.” The Trumpet here is the Trumpet of God, not part of the trumpet judgments.

Paul tells us that the dead in Christ will be raised first, and then those who are alive will follow. It will be after this happens that the ultimate antichrist will be allowed to come out and start the 7-year tribulation. (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8)

It should be noted, there will still be people who will call out and be saved after the Rapture has taken place, but the cost will be very high. A large number of people worldwide will be martyred. In Zechariah 12:8-9, we’re told two-thirds of the Jewish people remaining on earth will perish, and the remaining one-third will finally proclaim that Jesus is their Lord and God.

There will be large number of people who will take the “mark of the beast” as given in Revelation 13:16-18. This will show that the person has given allegiance to the antichrist, and all who take this mark will have committed an unforgivable sin as given in Revelation 14:9-11.

Our Savior knew there would be more lost souls than saved. Matthew 7:13-14 gives us only two routes that will be available. One will lead to destruction, and one to eternal life. The road to destruction is described as wide, while the path to eternal life is said to be straight and narrow.

Before all the chaos and confusion hits, this would be a great time to choose which road you want to be on. Satanic worshipers will be on the broad road. Those who call out to be saved by Jesus will be on the narrow path. The steps are found in Romans 10:9-13.

This would answer the question, “Where Could I Go, But To The Lord?”. James B. Coats wrote a song in 1940 with that title.

1.) Living below in this old sinful world, hardly a comfort can afford. Striving alone to face temptation, so now, won’t you tell me where could I go but to the Lord?

Ref) Where could I go, oh where could I go; seeking refuge for my soul. Needing a friend, to save me in the end; where could I go but to the Lord?

2.) Life here is grand with friends I love so dear; comfort I get from God’s own word. Yet when I face that chilling hand of death; won’t you tell me, where could I go but to the Lord. (ref)

Only Jesus is the way to the Father and eternal life. John 14:6 plainly states, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.” Then, Acts 2:21 followed by 4:12; “And it shall come to pass, that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. (4:12) And there is Salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

We serve the only true Lord God Jehovah, Creator of the heavens and the earth. He offered a most valuable part of Himself to give us a pure pathway to forgiveness and eternal life with Him. There are no hidden rituals that must be performed, numerous works to be done, or any special funds to be paid for this gift from Him. Ephesians 2:8-9 says it best; “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, (9) not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

To refuse this gift is a reservation in the long line that will be at the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15. No true believer will be in that line, and all who are there will not be granted pardons or given short sentences. It will be total darkness forever.

To go to any other than our Savior would be completely wrong. When Thomas found out that Jesus was truly alive in John 20:28-29; “Thomas answered Him, My Lord and My God! (29) Jesus said to him, have you believed because you have seen Me? Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.”

No one will be forced to accept Jesus, It’s an “either-or” situation that everyone will make their own decision. Either one believes or one doesn’t. Eternity is totally dependent on which choice each person makes.

Today would not be too early – tomorrow could be too late. Call on Him today and secure your reservation to be with Him Forever!

Come Lord Jesus!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/where-could-i-go/

Andy C

We serve the only true Lord God Jehovah, Creator of the heavens and the earth. He offered a most valuable part of Himself to give us a pure pathway to forgiveness and eternal life with Him. There are no hidden rituals that must be performed, numerous works to be done, or any special funds to be paid for this gift from Him. Ephesians 2:8-9 says it best; “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, (9) not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

To refuse this gift is a reservation in the long line that will be at the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15. No true believer will be in that line, and all who are there will not be granted pardons or given short sentences. It will be total darkness forever.
Best gift ever, thank you Jesus

Back