When you die ‘you know you’re dead because your brain keeps working’, scientist claims

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
You know, the more I think about this story the more I realize the scientist is right! But not in the way he thinks. The second you die in this world, that same second you awaken in the next one-- an eternal world. The saved are awake in peace and joy in the perfect presence of God. The lost are awake in terror and torment in utter aloneness ... both types in their respective condition FOREVER!

Salluz

We'll either hear, "Well done, faithful servant":angel,
or "Welcome to my world":diablo.
In reality, though, the devil doesn't own hell any more than Joe the atheist does. When Satan is thrown into the lake of fire, it will be as one punished. He's the prince of this world, but will be nobody in the lake of fire, same with everybody in the lake of fire. The rich man has no name, but Lazarus does.

From Isaiah 14
9 The realm of the dead below is all astir
to meet you at your coming;
it rouses the spirits of the departed to greet you—
all those who were leaders in the world;
it makes them rise from their thrones—
all those who were kings over the nations.
10 They will all respond,
they will say to you,
“You also have become weak, as we are;
you have become like us.”
11 All your pomp has been brought down to the grave,
along with the noise of your harps;
maggots are spread out beneath you
and worms cover you.

12 How you have fallen from heaven,
morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
13 You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”
15 But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,
to the depths of the pit.

16 Those who see you stare at you,
they ponder your fate:
“Is this the man who shook the earth
and made kingdoms tremble,
17 the man who made the world a wilderness,
who overthrew its cities
and would not let his captives go home?”

madcat

And some peoples brains stopped working long before they died...

And in the world today many are still alive, yet with no functioning cerebral cortex. I could name names, but you know who they are.

As for Christians, that bit of scientific discovery is something we already knew. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" - with a SUPER-functioning brain.

Rocky Rivera

We do not long to be unclothed, but to be reclothed in a new body -- righteous, perfect, untainted and untouched by both sin and the curse. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown in corruption, it is raised incorruptible. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory! If you don't like your present body now, you'll be absolutely thrilled with your resurrection upgrades. God has not given up His plan to have a righteous, undying humanity rule the Earth.

Endangered

I read an article that said if your head was cut off your brain continues to function for 20 seconds. So when the Mohammedan wackos cut off an indidel's head they don't die instantly. I wonder how terrible it is to know your head is no longer attached but your brain is still working.

Salluz

I read an article that said if your head was cut off your brain continues to function for 20 seconds. So when the Mohammedan wackos cut off an indidel's head they don't die instantly. I wonder how terrible it is to know your head is no longer attached but your brain is still working.
I've never died before, but from the account we have in the bible of Stephen being martyred and from the accounts of many believers I have heard of dying, Jesus is with believers as we die. I'd imagine especially so for people who are martyred... but for the unbelievers killed by muslims that way, no matter how terrible it is, it's just going to get worse soon after