When the "hospital" is sick

jcgss77

Does anybody else find something missing when we go to church? Do you find conviction missing? Let me put to words something which has been on my heart much lately. Jesus said we are to worship God in spirit and in truth. The passage is found in John 4, where Jesus was speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus was sent first to give the message of the Gospel to the Jews, due to them being the chosen people, and after His death and resurrection, His Gospel went to all the world, including us gentiles.

So what does worshiping God in spirit and truth mean? We are to simply follow Jesus. He says "if you love me, keep my commandments.", per John 14:15. This is done by forsaking the ways of selfishness, or the ways of the world, and adopting the ways of Jesus. We read our Bibles in prayer, pray constantly, and give as we are led, the least of which is to give financially, but also to give of our time, which is never able to be replaced, seeking to draw close to God. As we are about His business, we are drawing closer to Him, and serving His purpose for our lives.
The great mistake is using the ways of the world to teach His message.

Why is this wrong? Because the only way to teach God's message is from His Word, the only truth given to us. Of course, we can use examples from experience, but the problem with the church today is it is set up to draw in people who do not believe, in hopes that they will like church enough to stick around, with hopes they will maybe volunteer and keep giving some money. This is a false belief of what the church was meant to be. Church, according to the Bible, is a gathering of the saints, who are those who are saved by faith alone in the finished work of Jesus the Christ, and in gathering, each brings a psalm, a teaching, a tongue, a revelation, an interpretation-per 1Corinthians 14:26. We are encouraged, equipped, and energized in the gathering and preaching of the Word. WE then go out and disciple the unbelievers. It is NOT the job of the church gathering to evangelize, or present the Gospel to unbelievers. It is my job. And yours, if you are a believer.

The good news is we disciples each are equipped as we are each called. Be not afraid, but serve God where you are. And if He calls you to another calling, be encouraged, for He already has a path for you to follow! Please get into your Bible, read it, pray God reveals His truth to you, and give of your time to your church or gathering, and tell someone about the Good News! Godspeed!