When situations feel hopeless...

Hallelujah

My dear followers of Jesus Christ,

We have all been there. I have shared my testimony in past posts. I have been through literal Hell on earth these last couple of years. Many of my struggles have happened relatively recently. I have had relationship struggles beyond most peoples comprehension. To the point that you can't even answer a simple "yes" or "no" to a question and you get in an argument over "tone." I have been diligently reading and studying the Bible and I have learned so much about how to treat others. I believe all of us, especially Christians have a "Dr. Jekyll and a Mr. Hyde." Perhaps even non-Christians, but again the Holy Spirit doesn't reside within them, so their conscience my not be as heavily affected. As I have read and studied, I have become more disciplined with my emotions. I have learned to block out the Mr. Hyde and remain focused on how Jesus would treat others. My goal has been to do my best, I definitely make plenty of mistakes, but....do my best. Through my persuit of faith and diligence my wife has taken notice. We got in a fight recently and I felt awful cause I lost control and said some mean things. After walking to a meeting the next day I past some wild flowers, picked those. Then I went to the store to get some nice paper and wrote a heart felt note, after prayer. I bought her a Bible as well. I left all of this on her desk while she was away on her lunch break. We didn't speak till later that night. We sat down and discussed everything I had done for her and she was very grateful. Things have been different ever since.

Here is the good part...she follows a Pinterest account where people share Bible verses. I have primarily been the one to turn to God and the scriptures, but something drew her. She sent me a picture screen shot of the following scripture.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness - 1 Corinthians 12:9

The following she typed out...

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I asked her where she found the second verse...she mentioned she looked it up. It's such a wonderful thing when two people are looking to God for the answers!

My hope is that all the glory be to God for everything that I write. Hopefully this helps someone.

Hallelujah!

Last edited:

Hallelujah

My dear followers of Jesus Christ,

We have all been there. I have shared my testimony in past posts. I have been through literal Hell on earth these last couple of years. Many of my struggles have happened relatively recently. I have had relationship struggles beyond most peoples comprehension. To the point that you can't even answer a simple "yes" or "no" to a question and you get in an argument over "tone." I have been diligently reading and studying the Bible and I have learned so much about how to treat others. I believe all of us, especially Christians have a "Dr. Jekyll and a Mr. Hyde." Perhaps even non-Christians, but again the Holy Spirit doesn't reside within them, so their conscience my not be as heavily affected. As I have read and studied, I have become more disciplined with my emotions. I have learned to block out the Mr. Hyde and remain focused on how Jesus would treat others. My goal has been to do my best, I definitely make plenty of mistakes, but....do my best. Through my persuit of faith and diligence my wife has taken notice. We got in a fight recently and I felt awful cause I lost control and said some mean things. After walking to a meeting the next day I past some wild flowers, picked those. Then I went to the store to get some nice paper and wrote a heart felt note, after prayer. I bought her a Bible as well. I left all of this on her desk while she was away on her lunch break. We didn't speak till later that night. We sat down and discussed everything I had done for her and she was very grateful. Things have been different ever since.

Here is the good part...she follows a Pinterest account where people share Bible verses. I have primarily been the one to turn to God and the scriptures, but something drew her. She sent me a picture screen shot of the following scripture.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness - 1 Corinthians 12:9

The following she typed out...

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I asked her where she found the second verse...she mentioned she looked it up. It's such a wonderful thing when two people are looking to God for the answers!

My hope is that all the glory be to God for everything that I write. Hopefully this helps someone.

Hallelujah!
Correction - Both verses are found in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. Sorry for the typos.